The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
soupysound
EB Team

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:48 am

talk about a nightmare ebay buyer. whats your username on ebay, lebantz? wanna make sure to block.

sending a best offer doesn't give out personal info / address. sellers only sees full address if offer is accepted. and wtf is the point of fake addresses? getting mad about a seller shipping to the ebay address is insane. sellers are obligated to ship to ebay addresses or lose all ebay protections. and ebay doesn't "nuke" anything out of the system in 30 days. asking seller to cancel the transaction and going through PP is also a good way for the seller to get account suspended (and be charged fees regardless of any sale).
tourist504
Art Expert

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:08 am

Just dropped all my asking prices.

Is it too early to advertise "comes from a symptom-free home" in listings?
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:35 pm

soupysound wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:48 am
talk about a nightmare ebay buyer. whats your username on ebay, lebantz? wanna make sure to block.

sending a best offer doesn't give out personal info / address. sellers only sees full address if offer is accepted. and wtf is the point of fake addresses? getting mad about a seller shipping to the ebay address is insane. sellers are obligated to ship to ebay addresses or lose all ebay protections. and ebay doesn't "nuke" anything out of the system in 30 days. asking seller to cancel the transaction and going through PP is also a good way for the seller to get account suspended (and be charged fees regardless of any sale).

Who ever said I was mad, what did I have to be mad about? You dont know how ebay works. As I said give me your ebay listing for best offer and Ill pm you your address. You sound like a rookie ffs.

Ill break it down for simple minded folk like you and crowhawk. After 30 days and no payment or report from seller(which is highly uncommon) they consider the transaction over. He could still see it on his page, I could on mine. When he used option 'remind seller to pay for item' I got an email and when I clicked the link it said 'item invalid' aka NUKED!

How can you not comprehend I suggested moving item to paypal to help seller save money and told him what to do and he didnt follow any of it. He created the problem HIMSELF when he sent me a message and said "ill send you an invoice when I get the print." Who would object? When you pay for an item through paypal, as we did, its a very simple process of finding your address and printing the label. He followed nothing and didnt cancel fudge on ebay. They have no problem charging him for an item he received no payment. At this point I could have told the kid to drymount off because the print had gone down in price but I stuck with him. What a horrible person.

Overall I find it hilarious that a packaged was mailed to the wrong state and made it to the correct destination.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:06 am

So you won an item and didn't pay for it within 30 days. (bad on you)
Seller was still nice enough to work with you to let you pay way after ebays deadline. (good on him)
You used a fake address because you were afraid of someone having the same information thats in a phone book (bad on you)
Seller took payment outside of eBay at risk of his account getting suspended as its not allowed. (good on him)
You got your item even after it mailed to the wrong address you provided.....and you still have multiple posts complaining about the transaction. (bad on you)

Dude get over yourself and move on.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:09 am

Why not just pay right away and make sure your correct address is listed in the transaction when you check out? Seems like that would have nullified any hiccups with the purchase.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:38 am

Tempted to throw something up on best offer so I know who to block.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:47 am

tourist504 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:08 am
Just dropped all my asking prices.

Is it too early to advertise "comes from a symptom-free home" in listings?
:lol:

“Please wait 5-7 days before touching the tube to allow time for the COVID-19 virus to die”
aldo
Art Expert

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Anyone getting their shipments returned due to quarantines in Euro countries? I'm getting two of mine - one to France and one to Italy - sent back. "Your package cannot be delivered due to exceptional circumstances beyond our control or because access to the delivery address is impossible."
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Oof.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:10 pm

Damn...
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:29 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:06 am
So you won an item and didn't pay for it within 30 days. (bad on you)
Seller was still nice enough to work with you to let you pay way after ebays deadline. (good on him)
You used a fake address because you were afraid of someone having the same information thats in a phone book (bad on you)
Seller took payment outside of eBay at risk of his account getting suspended as its not allowed. (good on him)
You got your item even after it mailed to the wrong address you provided.....and you still have multiple posts complaining about the transaction. (bad on you)

Dude get over yourself and move on.
Seller sends a message, wait to pay me until I get the item. Maybe he was worried he wouldnt get the item, who knows. Still waiting on ur best offer account(PM it, I have no reason to share). I'm not listed in the phonebook(the exact copy I owned*with your name, who the drymount has a phonebook anymore) or ever touched social media in any form aside from beautiful places like here.
Last edited by lebantz on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Nice edit.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:42 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Nice edit.

edit 40. Gotta keep it tight for the simpletons.
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:51 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:09 am
Why not just pay right away and make sure your correct address is listed in the transaction when you check out? Seems like that would have nullified any hiccups with the purchase.
My problem he pre printed the label the second the auction was over before any payment considerations.I always do that...do you ebay? Best part of this all I am trying to help protect you morons and you wanna find the most pointy cone to stand on. 3 drymounting pages worth. :lol:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:11 am

Kramerica wrote:
Nice edit.
What did I miss?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.