The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:03 am
jjttdw wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:52 pm
So what the hell is up with eBay charging sales tax?
For someone who posts in the politics thread so much ya obvs ain't been paying attention to the important fudge.
:D

:notworthy:
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:39 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:22 am
You're not getting "hit". the buyer is. Ebay collects it and remits for ya. If ya sold something that wasn't "dinged" it was probably to one of the dozen or so states that aren't requiring sales tax to be collected on internet transactions (yet).

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees- ... es?id=4121
The bastards in my state also tax the shipping. It just started in February. Gonna have to work that into my low ball calculus.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
davemfan
Art Expert

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:17 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:39 pm
The bastards in my state also tax the shipping.
this is some bs right here
ImageImageImage
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:54 pm

davemfan wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:43 am
Need some advice on what to do here. I bought an item and want to return it because the seller sent the wrong thing to me. In ebay messages he has agreed on a return and stated he will pay for return shipping. I then opened a return case through ebay so we could proceed. I get an email (from ebay) stating he has agreed to the return. I get a second email (from ebay) with the subject "The seller can't send a return shipping label" and this was the body of the email:

"Contact the seller

Hi Justin,

Seller xxxxxx let us know that they can't buy a return shipping label for you to use for (item).
The seller is still responsible for return shipping costs, so contact them to arrange return shipping."

What the drymount is going on here? eBay's auto generated email is contradictory. If the seller IS responsible for return shipping why are they allowed to opt out of providing the label?

How should i proceed here?
Late response for this, but how did this work out? Looks like return shipping was discussed and agreed upon already, so you'd have to provide the label and be reimbursed. It's a bit of a pain in the ass tbh.

I was in a similar situation as the seller but didn't agree to return shipping. Turns out if the buyer initiates a return and the seller agrees, the seller is on the hook for that return shipping no matter what. Can't even end the return or anything and then you need to go through paypal instead. That was my experience.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
davemfan
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:09 pm

guryter wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:54 pm
Late response for this, but how did this work out? Looks like return shipping was discussed and agreed upon already, so you'd have to provide the label and be reimbursed. It's a bit of a pain in the ass tbh.

I was in a similar situation as the seller but didn't agree to return shipping. Turns out if the buyer initiates a return and the seller agrees, the seller is on the hook for that return shipping no matter what. Can't even end the return or anything and then you need to go through paypal instead. That was my experience.
I ended up paying for return shipping, which was over $16, then sending the guy my email (paypal) through ebay messages so he could reimburse me. Totally what should not be happening. He did send me the money and it was short because he never used f&f. At this point, I was over it. It was only short $1 and change but it's just the point of it all. Why ebay does not provide the label and just bill or add the amount due to the seller account is beyond me. What a hassle to have to go through. Luckily the guy I dealt with was really nice and responsive through the whole thing.
ImageImageImage
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:13 pm

I had an idiot who was worried about ebay shipping terms preprint the label before I even paid for the item(where you also specify shipping address). The address he used was the bogus address I list on ebay. So he sent me the automated process to pay for the item, but 30 days had passed since sale and ebay just nuked it out of their system. I told him to cancel the sale(get his money back) and we can just do it on paypal.

I was watching the tracking and saw it coming my way then go the opposite direction. He never canceled and still used this 30-day old prepaid label with a bogus address. He luckily was able to hunt the poster down at the bogus address in another state. I told him have it refused at the original address and get it marked "return to sender". He started bitching at me like it was my fault he's preprinting labels and Im trying to save his dumbass money using PP. I got my item buy holy drymount haha.

Warning to anyone, done use ur legit address as the main because ebay will just give ur info out like candy. A buyer once took advantage of "best offer" (which is considered a live sale since they have agreed to send me money if I accept). Within 5 secs they submitted an offer, requested my personal info(because it is live money), and canceled the best offer. Another reason I dont use best offer anymore regardless, Ebay acted like nothing wrong was done.
davemfan
Art Expert

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm

lebantz wrote:
I had an idiot who was worried about ebay shipping terms preprint the label before I even paid for the item(where you also specify shipping address). The address he used was the bogus address I list on ebay. So he sent me the automated process to pay for the item, but 30 days had passed since sale and ebay just nuked it out of their system. I told him to cancel the sale(get his money back) and we can just do it on paypal.

I was watching the tracking and saw it coming my way then go the opposite direction. He never canceled and still used this 30-day old prepaid label with a bogus address. He luckily was able to hunt the poster down at the bogus address in another state. I told him have it refused at the original address and get it marked "return to sender". He started bitching at me like it was my fault he's preprinting labels and Im trying to save his dumbass money using PP. I got my item buy holy drymount haha.

Warning to anyone, done use ur legit address as the main because ebay will just give ur info out like candy. A buyer once took advantage of "best offer" (which is considered a live sale since they have agreed to send me money if I accept). Within 5 secs they submitted an offer, requested my personal info(because it is live money), and canceled the best offer. Another reason I dont use best offer anymore regardless, Ebay acted like nothing wrong was done.
so it took ya over 30 days to pay for an auction you won?
ImageImageImage
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Yeah, not paying within 30 days. and not using your actual address.
Seems like you were a bad buyer. Should watch where you are pointing fingers.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:09 pm

Luls. the self callout is the best callout.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
haven
Art Expert

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:13 pm

I barely understood a word of that.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:47 pm

haven wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:13 pm
I barely understood a word of that.
+1
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:11 pm

davemfan wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm
lebantz wrote:

so it took ya over 30 days to pay for an auction you won?
No the seller was new flipper and said pay him when he gets the print....great assumption genius. Any nibbles left for yall? Luls
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:16 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
K, show me a best offer you got running and I'll tell you your address.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:47 pm

lebantz wrote:
BENYOUNG20 wrote:
I mean if you just PM me Ill let you know my address. Bring on the junk mail.
My address is also in the local phone book, because I'm somebody.
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:50 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:47 pm
lebantz wrote:
BENYOUNG20 wrote:
I mean if you just PM me Ill let you know my address. Bring on the junk mail.
My address is also in the local phone book, because I'm somebody.
Cool we can hang out, you sound like you live in West County. PM me your address and we can have a BBQ in this lovely weather. Trades some posters. I need help setting up my grow room. Luls