Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:58 pm

Kind of regret not grabbing that PCC print today.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
t4nk
New User

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:24 pm

Don't really know where to post this question but has anyone's End Game variant poster shipped yet?
dylanosaur
Art Expert

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:22 pm

BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:27 pm

WTF Mondo? Not shipping Black Friday in stock flat file prints till February?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:32 pm

Mondo...delayed shipping? Never heard of it happening before.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:07 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:32 pm
Mondo...delayed shipping? Never heard of it happening before.
Production delays aren't exactly the same as we have these prints but just can't be bothered to ship them.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:18 pm

you've been on this forum and collecting for longer than me....and you're surprised and upset that mondo delayed shipping?

its a few extra weeks. not the end of the world.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:06 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:18 pm
its a few extra weeks. not the end of the world.
Agreed. Most people didn't even read the portion about shipping in January to begin with.

That being said, this feels like something deeper going than the typical Mondo delays. They spent all of November pushing a marketing campaign with "Staff Picks" and cute lil' red circle tags on products for Holiday gift ideas. Tweeting and e-mail blasting relentlessly to get that Holiday coin, targeted Facebook advertising to people who probably have never even heard of Mondo before...

...then they hold a huge flat file sale. Not just any flat file sale either, one where it feels like literally everyone who tried at least picked something up. So thats - another 1500+ orders, I'm guessing.

So now, after the holiday rush, and all those people that aren't familiar with Mondo delays who were targeted who bought something for Christmas that didn't arrive are pissed off bitching in their social media combined with the people who are now waiting on Flat File sales, and I can't even speak to toys and vinyl delays... was the goal of the Holiday marketing campaigns to destroy their social media? Cuz, oof.

I give Mondo a lotta fudge for various justified and unjustified reasons, but something just feels off. Hope everything's alright.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Yeah this doesn't feel like the normal delays either. But this was their first big sale of prints at secondary market value so maybe they should have used that added income to get some seasonal shipping help?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:16 pm

none of it feels off. they take forever to ship stuff sometimes. It eventually gets there.

did christmas shipments not make it? feel like all of that stuff was in stock items. i got some vinyl and shirts i ordered around that time in a quick manner.

so few of those prints were secondary value. most of them were steals. [still kicking myself for not grabbing Eng - Jordo Dune for $50 fml]

To be so upset seems like a waste of energy. They want to ship the stuff to you. But they have alot of stuff to ship. It takes time.

There is no harm if it is a few weeks late. They notified people at the beginning of the month that there will be a delay rather than waiting till the end of the month.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:22 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
did christmas shipments not make it? feel like all of that stuff was in stock items.

To be so upset seems like a waste of energy. They want to ship the stuff to you. But they have alot of stuff to ship. It takes time.
1. No not all the Christmas items made it, my friend is still waiting for in stock disney pins he ordered that were suppose to go in his kids stockings.
2. Not sure what the difference in the "in stock" vinyl you bought and the "in stock" print I bought is? Why does one take 2 months longer than the other to ship if they are both "in stock".
3. What takes more energy for me to be mildly upset or for you to ride in on your white horse and defend them? If you are worried about peoples energy usage....maybe start with your own.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:32 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
none of it feels off.
dude, go look at the comments on their social media posts for the last month on facebook and twitter. you have to "reveal hidden" on facebook but there are tons of comments on every single post that say "respond to my emails" "ship my stuff" "stop promoting more things to buy" "i've filed a report with the bbb" - and not just from a few bad eggs. multiple people. search "@mondonews" on twitter.

i know people are entitled; and when I order something from Mondo, I order knowing it may be months before i actually get it. i'm not the type of person who cares. idgaf and i understand fudge takes time - but I've never seen Mondo get this much fudge. but i'm also in no place to tell anyone that their dissatisfaction is unwarranted either.

the angry mob has changed from "bots bots bots" to "i'm filing a report with the BBB"
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:46 pm

My Stalker print came pretty fast.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:49 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:22 pm
35mmpaul wrote:
did christmas shipments not make it? feel like all of that stuff was in stock items.

1. No not all the Christmas items made it, my friend is still waiting for in stock disney pins he ordered that were suppose to go in his kids stockings.
2. Not sure what the difference in the "in stock" vinyl you bought and the "in stock" print I bought is? Why does one take 2 months longer than the other to ship if they are both "in stock".
3. What takes more energy for me to be mildly upset or for you to ride in on your white horse and defend them? If you are worried about peoples energy usage....maybe start with your own.
1. Cool. i hope your friends kids christmas wasn't ruined without pins. seems like a tough burden to bare.
2. couldn't tell you what the difference. feel free to message mondo.
3.you are the one that is upset for some reason. pointing out that mondo takes a while to ship stuff is presenting you data you should already know due to the length of time you have been in the hobby. its not defending them. im not worried about anything.

you seem like a very tightly wound person and i hoped that showing you something you should already know might give you some perspective to release your useless anger. but you can continue to complain about it if you like. its kinda comical.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:56 pm

EgoDeath wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:32 pm
35mmpaul wrote:
none of it feels off.
dude, go look at the comments on their social media posts for the last month on facebook and twitter. you have to "reveal hidden" on facebook but there are tons of comments on every single post that say "respond to my emails" "ship my stuff" "stop promoting more things to buy" "i've filed a report with the bbb" - and not just from a few bad eggs. multiple people. search "@mondonews" on twitter.

i know people are entitled; and when I order something from Mondo, I order knowing it may be months before i actually get it. i'm not the type of person who cares. idgaf and i understand fudge takes time - but I've never seen Mondo get this much fudge. but i'm also in no place to tell anyone that their dissatisfaction is unwarranted either.

the angry mob has changed from "bots bots bots" to "i'm filing a report with the BBB"
yeah i guess i have seen some complaints in some vinyl groups but hadn't really paid it much mind. i dont tend to go on facebook mondo ads.

and i mean, im not going on to those facebook post and telling people to chill. just pointing out to someone that has seemingly been in this hobby for a decade to maybe not get bent out of shape that he has to wait an extra month for a print. but he can continue to complain all he wants. this thread is a conversation, and im fine with presenting nominal data to counter his anger at logistics.