Tristan Eaton Discussion thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Arterre
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:08 am

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Arterre wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:12 pm
Image
Hi, Did anyone else score this huge shark print by Tristan?
Its a monsta 55" x 30" ed of 300 silkscreen , sold through Pangeaseed for $225
User avatar
Arterre
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:08 am

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:24 pm

Image
andyfarrimond
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 am

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:02 am

Arterre wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:15 pm
Arterre wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:12 pm
Image
Hi, Did anyone else score this huge shark print by Tristan?
Its a monsta 55" x 30" ed of 300 silkscreen , sold through Pangeaseed for $225
Yes, but I've got no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it!
jabbs02
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm

andyfarrimond wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:02 am
Arterre wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:15 pm
Arterre wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:12 pm
Image
Hi, Did anyone else score this huge shark print by Tristan?
Its a monsta 55" x 30" ed of 300 silkscreen , sold through Pangeaseed for $225
Yes, but I've got no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it!
I picked one up as well and also am instantly overwhelmed by the size haha!
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8584
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:30 pm

can't wait to get mine, 225 for that beast of a print was a steal
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13725
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:05 pm

It is a great price. It's just so damn big.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8307
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:51 pm

When it wont fit in my flat file..... diagonally, its too drymounting big.

5" shorter and it had a special place in the top drawer.
Image
andyfarrimond
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 am

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:11 am

jabbs02 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm
andyfarrimond wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:02 am
Arterre wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:15 pm
Arterre wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:12 pm
Image
Hi, Did anyone else score this huge shark print by Tristan?
Its a monsta 55" x 30" ed of 300 silkscreen , sold through Pangeaseed for $225
Yes, but I've got no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it!
I picked one up as well and also am instantly overwhelmed by the size haha!
I was initially thinking that it would be great, face to face with "There Is Only One" until I realized that this thing is 3 or 4 times bigger.
User avatar
Arterre
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:08 am

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:37 pm

andyfarrimond wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:11 am
jabbs02 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm
andyfarrimond wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:02 am
Arterre wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi, Did anyone else score this huge shark print by Tristan?
Its a monsta 55" x 30" ed of 300 silkscreen , sold through Pangeaseed for $225
Yes, but I've got no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it!
I picked one up as well and also am instantly overwhelmed by the size haha!
I was initially thinking that it would be great, face to face with "There Is Only One" until I realized that this thing is 3 or 4 times bigger.
Which print of his you mention is " There is only one ? I don't see it on EB
his older , smaller shark print Moriría Por Ti, means " I would die for you " I like it too.
Also the print is actually 20" x 55" , so not as big as mentioned earlier in this post.

Still , Its a monster, and I actually have a super big frame it will fit i, and get onto my wall
cant wait to get it, though they say not shipping until Jan..
Powerful predators deserve a big canvas, and Whatson's "Tiger" is huge too ..
andyfarrimond
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 am

Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:46 am

Arterre wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:37 pm
andyfarrimond wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:11 am
jabbs02 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm
andyfarrimond wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:02 am


Yes, but I've got no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it!
I picked one up as well and also am instantly overwhelmed by the size haha!
I was initially thinking that it would be great, face to face with "There Is Only One" until I realized that this thing is 3 or 4 times bigger.
Which print of his you mention is " There is only one ? I don't see it on EB
his older , smaller shark print Moriría Por Ti, means " I would die for you " I like it too.
Also the print is actually 20" x 55" , so not as big as mentioned earlier in this post.

Still , Its a monster, and I actually have a super big frame it will fit i, and get onto my wall
cant wait to get it, though they say not shipping until Jan..
Powerful predators deserve a big canvas, and Whatson's "Tiger" is huge too ..
There is Only One is by Emek, but also done for Pangeaseed, which is a whale shark print that measures 24 x 12 https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/171591
User avatar
maddog76
Flipper
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:00 am

Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Just got mine, they must have rolled it into a 1 inch roll, drymounting insane. got some gorilla grip of course.
WaltJocketty
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:00 am

Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:18 pm

They are releasing a "Special" version of this piece in the near future, according to someone on Eaton's staff.
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9482
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Is retna still huffing dust off , doing coke and posting insane insta videos threatening this guy ? That was wild.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9471
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:32 pm

partpat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:19 pm
Is retna still huffing dust off , doing coke and posting insane insta videos threatening this guy ? That was wild.
he has a new ig page for it.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52197
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Luls. Story time!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Post Reply