Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
agr719
Art Expert

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:30 pm

Well that's good to know, I guess.

I should look harder for more maple stuff, 'tis the season and all that. Pumpkin anything can go pound sand.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:06 pm

I've enjoyed the 2 batches of CBS I had. Haven't gone for this year's since I already have too many BBA stouts I ain't drinking, but I always appreciate the 12oz format. Most other maple stouts I've had are too maple forward and cloying. I found the CBS to be relatively restrained in that regard. Wish it was thicker though like kbbq always says.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:19 pm

chalkdust wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:20 pm
I don't think I've ever had CBS and liked it. What a letdown. Local breweries are killing it with maple lately around here tho.. (but I'm a bit spoiled in Stl)
Always rubbing it in. :twisted:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:10 am

Codeblue wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:06 pm
I've enjoyed the 2 batches of CBS I had. Haven't gone for this year's since I already have too many BBA stouts I ain't drinking, but I always appreciate the 12oz format. Most other maple stouts I've had are too maple forward and cloying. I found the CBS to be relatively restrained in that regard. Wish it was thicker though like kbbq always says.
Also, stop buying Founders.
jjbehren wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:49 am
Kdh12 wrote:If anyone is looking for CBS it is a shelf turn here. Currently for 19.99.
Don't buy Founders. There's plenty of other good stuff out there and they're a bunch of fudge heads:

https://www.brewbound.com/news/last-cal ... oom-ruling

https://m.metrotimes.com/table-and-bar/ ... -after-all
There's another good one since I posted the above links back in May (I love the picture they chose for the article):

https://m.metrotimes.com/table-and-bar/ ... U4uf7jdQJU
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:29 am

Alamo actually just removed Founders from their theaters... at least in the Phoenix market, not sure about other places.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:31 am

havent had a founders since. Local bar comments about still selling founders “sure, some people there are racists, but i doubt everyone that works at founders is a racist, we will continue to proudly serve founders”. Stopped going to that bar
partpat
Art Freak

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:36 am

talkingdeads wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:31 am
havent had a founders since. Local bar comments about still selling founders “sure, some people there are racists, but i doubt everyone that works at founders is a racist, we will continue to proudly serve founders”. Stopped going to that bar
That's the spirit. drymount them !
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:49 am

yeah...the bar’s statement was super weird; it essentially rambled on and said that some of their employees may be racist, but that they didnt know, but they could be, and how it could be true of any company and they linked an TED talk about overreactions in the information age.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:52 pm

Founders didn't handle the PR well from the very beginning. Huge mistake!

Shame on them for not firing that manager from the very beginning, and getting to the bottom of the "black" and "white" copier incident.

All around this was the absolute worst way to handle a racial situation especially with social media the way it is.

They closed the Detroit brewery for 3+ months. When they re-open they are donating all of the profits from the location through at least 2022. Will that suppress the backlash, probably not.

They also paid the dude off, so we are all good now, right? :roll:

I will still drink their beer. None of this fudge happened at the Grand Rapids location and I still know a few good people that work there.

I wont hate an entire company for a couple bad seeds and poor judgment, just like I dont hate all people living in America because of trump and his cronies.

PS CBS was good with the very first batch. Thick mouth feel, sweet mapley goodness with a bourbon kick. It has sucked every release after that.....thin, no maple...blah.
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:57 pm

mattlew69 wrote:

Shame on them for not firing that manager from the very beginning, and getting to the bottom of the "black" and "white" copier incident.
They also royally drymounted up the Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce fudge, too (see the link I posted above from the metro times). First they tweeted that they were terminating their membership with the chamber due to its endorsement of the homophobic, gay-hating gubernatorial candidate. Then Founders went back on that announcement and blamed the tweet on a rogue employee. :roll:
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:02 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:57 pm
mattlew69 wrote:

They also royally drymounted up the Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce fudge, too (see the link I posted above from the metro times). First they tweeted that they were terminating their membership with the chamber due to its endorsement of the homophobic, gay-hating gubernatorial candidate. Then Founders went back on that announcement and blamed the tweet on a rogue employee. :roll:
That was another big one that I was forgetting.

This all started happening after they were purchased by Mahou San Miguel of Spain. Coincidence????

Or is this mishandling deliberate???
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:38 pm

I'm thankful that BCBS is in such short demand and supply is so high that I don't have to stand in front of a liquor store the morning after Thanksgiving.
jjbehren
Flipper

Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:23 pm

HisBobness wrote:
I'm thankful that BCBS is in such short demand and supply is so high that I don't have to stand in front of a liquor store the morning after Thanksgiving.
It's all already on shelves here. Such low demand no one cares.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:43 pm

jjbehren wrote:
HisBobness wrote:
Is it really? :D 2018's still sitting shelf turds over here
jjbehren
Flipper

Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:57 pm

HisBobness wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:43 pm
jjbehren wrote:
HisBobness wrote:
Is it really? :D 2018's still sitting shelf turds over here
Yes. Right next to the 2018s that this shop put out a few months ago at a slightly inflated cost.

They had the Café de Olla Stout and the Mon Chéri Stout. There were at least 2 cases of each, and I think they were both priced at $25 per.