the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:40 am

fredo wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:03 am
guryter wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:12 am
Has anyone ever discussed Quantum Leap in here? And specifically: why in the living hell they chose to change the theme song in season 5? I either never realized or just straight blocked it out as a kid.
Have you checked the old/locked mondo thread?
I have not. A quick search shows nothing.

Please join me in bemoaning this tragedy, it is an unforgivable transgression. Listen, then grab your pitchfork:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~uzdm0006/QL/music/ql5.mp3

Or this:
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:57 am

Shows we gave a shot but stopped watching halfway through the first season:

The OA
Another Life
The WIre
Lost
The Expanse (willing to try again on this one...)
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:48 pm

tourist504 wrote:

The OA
Another Life
The WIre
Lost
I know you've heard it before, and I know you'll hear it again here now, but you really need to pick up The Wire again. Really.

I liked the first season of The OA, but I hear the 2nd is pretty bad. Lost is garbage. Don't bother. I quit The Expanse a couple of eps into Season 2 and haven't really looked back. I, too, could be talked into it again, though. Never saw any of Another Life.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:16 pm

jjbehren wrote:
tourist504 wrote:

The OA
Another Life
The WIre
Lost
I know you've heard it before, and I know you'll hear it again here now, but you really need to pick up The Wire again. Really.

I liked the first season of The OA, but I hear the 2nd is pretty bad. Lost is garbage. Don't bother. I quit The Expanse a couple of eps into Season 2 and haven't really looked back. I, too, could be talked into it again, though. Never saw any of Another Life.
Before I watched the Wire, everyone that recommended it me all said the same thing. It takes about the first 5-6 episodes to get going, then it never lets up. And they were correct.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:49 pm

pjsteelerfan wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:16 pm
jjbehren wrote:
tourist504 wrote:

The OA
Another Life
The WIre
Lost

Before I watched the Wire, everyone that recommended it me all said the same thing. It takes about the first 5-6 episodes to get going, then it never lets up. And they were correct.
Re: The Wire - I got all the way to the end of season 1 when that one character dies and I just didn't care at all. Then I gathered from everything that happened in the show afterward that I was supposed to be all bummed out about it that character dying, and it irked me that David Simon assumed the character had been developed enough to get an emotional reaction out of me. And I am a BASKETCASE who cries at the drop of a hat at movies and TV shows. Apparently I should have been hooked at that point?

Also I met Mr. Simon (I live in NOLA and it was when they were filming Treme) and he is not a cool dude. And we didn't just meet in passing - we literally sat and talked multiple times. Didn't like him.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:03 pm

tourist504 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:49 pm
Also I met Mr. Simon (I live in NOLA and it was when they were filming Treme) and he is not a cool dude. And we didn't just meet in passing - we literally sat and talked multiple times. Didn't like him.
Story time!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:59 am

FrankBooth wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:25 pm
Really enjoyed The Wachmen pilot.

I hope they develop properly some things they already introduced, as I know the dude that headed Lost likes to create winding paths with no end.

Enjoy as much the outcry that it isn't the Comic or that the comic didn't have commentary on race or politics. Must of read a different book.
this!^^
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:00 am

pjsteelerfan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:53 am
finneganm wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:22 pm
It’s.... not good.

I’m watching The Expanse right now, which has potential.
Expanse is great, glad Amazon saved it. 4th season in December and filming season 5 now. Overall, they are staying pretty true to the books so far. Also helps that the book writers are actually working to finish the series.
Need to get on this too (only read the first book in the series but I dug it.)

And Chernobyl. So behind on good shows.
fredo
Art God

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:19 pm

Caught 4 eps of Fleabag S2 on a flight. I’d have watched it all had I known it wasn’t S1.

Anyway she’s just friggin great.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:25 am

First episode of His Dark Materials on HBO was pretty good. A certain uneasiness set in a lush setting.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:17 pm

Devours wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:25 am
First episode of His Dark Materials on HBO was pretty good. A certain uneasiness set in a lush setting.
Still have it on my DVR and haven't found the time to watch it yet. Hoping it's good. I never read the books but enjoyed THE GOLDEN COMPASS.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:37 pm

that new Rick and Morty ep last night was 🔥 🔥 🔥
meskell
Art Expert

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:24 pm
I recently watched Chernobyl as well. Thought it was great, but wish it had been in the native tongue, and that I'd had to read subtitles. Makes me respect shows like The Americans all that much more.
If you haven't already, check out Our Boys. It'll quench that thirst. Probably not for everyone (we enjoyed it) but it's HBO so you know it won't be bad. If this story is any indication, I don't see how these nations will ever resolve their issues.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:46 pm

chalkdust wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:37 pm
that new Rick and Morty ep last night was 🔥 🔥 🔥
So drymounting funny
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Finally on to Chernobyl. I get the complaint but ultimately like that they went with mostly British English. It feels as much like timeless sci-fi thriller as historical drama this way.
just a foil for me today, thanks