Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Anyone have an extra Parasite I could contract? Or know the details on how Mr Ortiz handles AP releases?
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:38 pm

nevadinova wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:41 pm
Anyone have an extra Parasite I could contract? Or know the details on how Mr Ortiz handles AP releases?
Just confirmed no APs.

“Uncensored” version of my Parasite illustration. Plus bonus rough idea that wasn’t picked. I’m still gonna draw it for funsies though, out of context.
For those asking, the poster is all gone and there’s no APs. Sorry! But I do have the original of this (sans blood) that I will drop tomorrow maybe.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:36 pm

DonPiano wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:43 pm
Oh drymount. That Parasite is great. Wouldn't hang it, but damn is it good.

Also, is that a subtle 'ok' hand sign on the Omen print?
ah, don't tell me you fell for the ADLs hate symbol list lmao
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:17 pm

add another dummy to the list of people who slept on the poster. OOF!
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 pm

andrewg520 wrote:
DonPiano wrote:

Google translate isn't working here. I have no idea what you're saying.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
ACCBiggz
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:43 am

DonPiano wrote:
andrewg520 wrote:
DonPiano wrote:

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) added the OK hand symbol their list of hate symbols which has caused some online to either discredit the list entirely or go overboard in the opposite direction in defending it and calling every OK sign a symbol of white nationalism. The folks who discredit the list also are ones who generally only read short social media quips and don't read full articles or look for full context.

Brass tacks is some white supremacy groups have co-opted the sign and have used it which led to the ADL decision, but obviously not everyone who have used the old hand sign as a joke is doing it for that reason. The ADL notes, specifically, on the list the ambiguity of the sign.
Use of the okay symbol in most contexts is entirely innocuous and harmless.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:10 pm

ACCBiggz wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:43 am
DonPiano wrote:
andrewg520 wrote:
DonPiano wrote:

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) added the OK hand symbol their list of hate symbols which has caused some online to either discredit the list entirely or go overboard in the opposite direction in defending it and calling every OK sign a symbol of white nationalism. The folks who discredit the list also are ones who generally only read short social media quips and don't read full articles or look for full context.

Brass tacks is some white supremacy groups have co-opted the sign and have used it which led to the ADL decision, but obviously not everyone who have used the old hand sign as a joke is doing it for that reason. The ADL notes, specifically, on the list the ambiguity of the sign.
Use of the okay symbol in most contexts is entirely innocuous and harmless.
The ADL also fails to notify people that they were literally founded to protect and defend a pedophile murderer named Frank Leo who raped and murdered a girl in 1913. So basically don't listen to the ADL, they're BS
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:11 am

you're being willfully ignorant or lying if you are saying that sign doesn't promote hate and white supremacy. I can't think of the last time someone actually used it to say "ok" to me but have seen it used tons in the past couple of years by asshole bigots using it to represent white power
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:12 am

but go on, keep trying to defend it with silly semantics..
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:16 pm

It definitely depends what part if the world you are in. In UK for instance there is no way that symbol would be used to say anything other than OK.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:40 pm

chalkdust wrote:
you're being willfully ignorant or lying if you are saying that sign doesn't promote hate and white supremacy. I can't think of the last time someone actually used it to say "ok" to me but have seen it used tons in the past couple of years by asshole bigots using it to represent white power
I'm sure its used that way by bigoted arse heads. I had heard that it stands for the 3% that stood and fought during the revolution, and has since been bastardized by the media as well as the masses. Seemed more about patriotism rather than racism (tho sadly the two terms have become synonymous these days).

But this is the Mondo thread so idk how or why...
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:43 pm

chalkdust wrote:
you're being an idiot if you believe that it is a white power symbol and not realize you're being trolled. weird that you run into/see so many white supremacists. I've never seen one in real life. Maybe you need to associate with other people or move if its such a problem, because in reality, it isn't
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:45 pm

andrewg520 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:43 pm
chalkdust wrote:

you're being an idiot if you believe that it is a white power symbol and not realize you're being trolled. weird that you run into/see so many white supremacists. I've never seen one in real life. Maybe you need to associate with other people or move if its such a problem, because in reality, it isn't
Maybe get out more?
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:48 pm

chalkdust wrote:
How ridiculous can you possibly be?? Can we please stick to talking about paper here? :lame:
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:03 pm

It's on a poster for a film that is literally about the Antichrist. Pretty sure that the use of the 'ok' symbol is apt and feeding into the rhetoric that it's a hate symbol and a sign of white nationalism.
jvwoodford wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:16 pm
It definitely depends what part if the world you are in. In UK for instance there is no way that symbol would be used to say anything other than OK.
Australia here and I know it as a hate symbol.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.