America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:11 pm

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
turnJBup
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:57 am

drymounting pathetic penis.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:01 am

BlakeAronson wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:01 am
bubbie wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:32 am
BlakeAronson wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:13 pm
So meddling isn't meddling if you choose to inflame or incite things that may also happen to be true?
The short answer is no.
Yikes. Alright then!
There is nothing described in the article that constitutes meddling. Not the way they described it anyway. It just is a really weak article without many/any facts, really. I am still not sure if you read the article or not. Unless we are talking about something else now, something other than the article.

To add here, why no thoughts on the rest of my post prior to and after the Treaty paragraph.
BlakeAronson wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:01 am
bubbie wrote:
Another example of bullshit is exiting the INF Treaty and blaming the Russians, then Bolton saying that the real reason is China developing and deploying the banned under the treaty missiles and then testing one not long after dropping out yourselves and saying that the missiles will be deployed in the early 20s. Right?
Come on now, you're starting to conflate and strawman like comradX. Do you really think the same people complaining about Russian meddling/interference are perfectly OK with the US abandoning an arms treaty? If so just go spend some time in a Fox news comment section and you'll soon realize the "nuke em all" crowd isn't the one complaining about Russians.
mtarail wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:30 am
That is a conflation, bubbie. There is very little, if any, overlap between those 2 groups in the U.S.
Sure, you can call it conflation, I have no problem with that. When I say “you”, I don’t mean you BlakeAronson, or mtrail, or anyone else on this forum in particular. Just as when I say “Russians”, I don’t refer to Poutine or any particular individual from Russia. I very generally refer to America and Russia, respectfully. You guys are Americans, are you not? I don’t personally see anything wrong with the “you” reference I used and usually use. I know where most or all of the “regulars” of this thread stand and I don’t mean any disrespect, if that’s where you are coming from. I feel like I said that previously, but I want to reiterate.

My point with the bullshit examples (posters, INF, and spying) was that you guys always blame the Russians for every drymounting thing, yet you do the exact same thing or worse (sometimes Russians are on the “worse” side, you take turns), but I am sure you get my point. Another thing that seems weird to me is that the independent American media picks up on this Russia anti hype and carries it with a torch by printing shitty articles like the one discussed above and many many more that are even worse. Than, people like gorkie (here I am using a particular handle because I am referring to this particular individual and not the country in general), pick up on it and make their shitty post with a shitty article all over the internet (I am assuming there are others elsewhere who got as impressed with the content and felt the need to discuss it on another forum, comment section, etc). No need for state controlled media it seems.

The independent for-profit media will mostly print what their target audience wants to read. It would be foolish to think otherwise. That’s how Fox (which I don’t do, unless there is something of my interest referenced somewhere else; but thanks for the referral Blake) and CNN (which I rarely do, unless the same as above) and the like operate. In case of the article at hand, it seems that they are running out of material.

It affects people. Look at gorkie, for example (rather an extreme example). He probably watched The Family on Netflix and recommended it, but pointed out two Russian individuals mentioned in the series. I was surprised after watching it myself that a liberal American gay man would make an effort to mention them in his post. There are many more quite disturbing things that any reasonable individual would concern themselves with in the series. I am not even sure he actually watched it because of that. The series is pretty good, FYI, and would recommend it too. Many things were certainly new for me. And talk about meddling, luls. Butina is dust in the wind compared to the rest of the “show”.

Another example, since we are on the subject. The American government blamed the Russian government yesterday (maybe today? Not sure and not going to look for the article) for the murder of a Georgian dude in Germany a couple of weeks ago. Seems to me a Russian organized crime thing and the German law enforcement had confirmed that this is their primary theory. Not a biggy for Americans though.

Another example is just from earlier today.

Reuters: U.N. investigators link U.S., Syrian and Russian forces to war crimes

When I read the article earlier, around 11ish in the morning my time, there actually was a mention of Russia specifically saying they killed 9 or around that. Anyway, same-different-same-whatever thing.
jjttdw wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:04 am
bubbie wrote:
Or talking about Butina, while:

CNN: Exclusive: US extracted top spy from inside Russia in 2017
The source was considered the highest level source for the US inside the Kremlin, high up in the national security infrastructure, according to the source familiar with the matter and a former senior intelligence official.
According to CNN's sources, the spy had access to Putin and could even provide images of documents on the Russian leader's desk.
The covert source provided information for more than a decade, according to the sources, and an initial effort to extract the spy, after exposure concerns, was rebuffed by the informant.
Right?
Trying to figure out your point on this one. She is a spy who was infiltrating conservative groups, we had a spy in Russia we got out. It is certainly a point for discussion if you don't think she was a spy.
She probably is. I mean she is in jail, so she has to be. Not a good one anyway. Also, I personally do not care about her and whether she is/was a spy, honestly. Don’t care about the Russian guy who was made by the media and was forced to abandon his almost a mil worth house because of the media. Lol. The latter is worse of a person, in my opinion, because he definitely did it for the money. Butina May have had some ideological reasons. I wonder if the deal the Russian guy had covers events like this or the payments he received is all he gets and now has to live in some shitty neighbourhood like everyone else.

My point was what I described above.

To further my point though, Butina may have sucked some unimportant dicks; but the Russian dude may have shaken Poutine’s hand several times.

Also, what is the media talking about? How disturbing it is to have a spy for the US in the highest ranks of the Russian government and drymount America? Or how drymounting Trump, etc and the spy had to be taken out before “maturity”?
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:15 am

jjttdw wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm
This certainly qualifies for Dick on Dick crime.

Trump fires John Bolton

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/10/politics ... index.html

Guess he wasn't enough of a sycophant.

Trump also felt like Bolton wasn't a forceful enough advocate for him in the media -- and that when he did make appearances, he wasn't convincing enough, since it was evident he didn't believe in some of Trump's foreign policy goals, the source added.

Wait, Trump has foreign policy goals?

The positive side of the story is that the chances of war with Iran just went way down.
Best thing the dude did since he took office! Good for everyone. Yeah, he may replace him with someone nutty, but it would be hard to find a nuttier nut.

As for the China deal, I am with fin and blue on this. Chinese probably suspect that Trump may very well be re-elected. They probably passed their comfortable level a while back, just like the US did. Even if the next president is a democrat, they don’t know what to expect because no one is talking. Even if the democrat is willing to negotiate, would that negotiation offset the losses China is going to have over the next 1.5+ years? fudge happening in Hong Kong is not just an easy sitting out for the Chinese government, I am sure. My guess is if the deal is not signed before the end of the year, it sure will be next spring-early summer. Within the next few months is my bet. And no, I am not putting my five dolares on this.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:31 am

I sure love the ignore feature for this thread
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 am

I simply scroll past 2 sometimes 3 users when they post.

Cheers to the few members who rebut the nonsense tho.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:38 am

pvecchi wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:31 am
I sure love the ignore feature for this thread
How is the real life ignore feature?
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:46 pm

A pretty good piece.

FP: We Lost the War in Afghanistan. Get Over It.

Even in wars and losses you guys pull the exact same fudge as the Russians. Only difference this time is the Russians were not supplying Al Qaeda and Taliban with arms or supported them otherwise like you did with Taliban when they were fighting them.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm

guryter wrote:

Honestly, all my posts are worth scrolling past...in this thread and any other. I do post an amusing photo every now and again though.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Just WOW. Republicrooks at it again.

North Carolina Republicans’ audacious power play, explained
September 11 was a chaotic day in the North Carolina state legislature.

https://www.vox.com/2019/9/11/20860986/ ... udget-veto
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:42 pm

MMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Trump administration rolls back landmark water protections

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/ ... le-1492183
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:56 pm

guryter
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:03 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm
guryter wrote:

Honestly, all my posts are worth scrolling past...in this thread and any other. I do post an amusing photo every now and again though.
You're safely in the latter.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:25 pm

gorkie wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:56 pm
I love how white Rudy's top dentures are in comparison to that yellow mess on the bottom.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Guess trickle down economics doesn’t include trickle down dental coverage to dem lower chiclets.