America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
User avatar
dero316
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:59 am

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:12 pm

gorkie wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:14 am
He. Vill. Get. Zee. Poyzin!!!!!!!!!
Definitely won't be getting zee doobage

New York college student arrested in Russia over medical marijuana possession
User avatar
sixstringer
Art Expert
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:29 pm

finneganm wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:41 pm
jjttdw wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:44 pm
finneganm wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:41 pm
I’d say 60/40 odds he gets re-elected at the moment.
I agree if the D nominee is some 70+ year old dinosaur.
I’m on the fence if Biden gets it, but I firmly believe that Trump skips into office if Warren/Sanders is on the ticket. To be clear, I’m not judging their character, just my perceived electability of either one.

I have to disagree. I don't know anyone who actually likes Biden. In 2016 the dems selected a "hold your nose and vote" candidate and we all know how that turned out.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... mp/596137/

"Electability is king in the 2020 Democratic primary as voters are choosing candidates they think their fellow citizens would support—not the ones they actually like best."

Derp!


https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... -elections
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 5959
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm

This certainly qualifies for Dick on Dick crime.


Trump fires John Bolton


https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/10/politics ... index.html

Guess he wasn't enough of a sycophant.

Trump also felt like Bolton wasn't a forceful enough advocate for him in the media -- and that when he did make appearances, he wasn't convincing enough, since it was evident he didn't believe in some of Trump's foreign policy goals, the source added.

Wait, Trump has foreign policy goals?

The positive side of the story is that the chances of war with Iran just went way down.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 15820
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:58 pm

I think it was probably necessary for any move forward with the trade talks with China as well.
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 5959
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:02 pm

finneganm wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:58 pm
I think it was probably necessary for any move forward with the trade talks with China as well.
I put the chances of a deal with China before the election at slightly above zero.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 15820
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:13 pm

I think we get a “deal” towards the end of this year. I think the substance of said deal will amount to nothing (we lower tariffs, they buy more soy), but we’ll get one.

And then the Dow hits 30k and Trump waltzes into re-election.
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51322
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:27 pm

finneganm wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 pm
Bolton gone... that’s good news for the world.
Let's see who the replacement is first.
Last edited by Codeblue on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 5959
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm

finneganm wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:13 pm
I think we get a “deal” towards the end of this year. I think the substance of said deal will amount to nothing (we lower tariffs, they buy more soy), but we’ll get one.

And then the Dow hits 30k and Trump waltzes into re-election.
$5 bet?? I'll give you 2:1 odds.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 15820
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:44 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm
finneganm wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:13 pm
I think we get a “deal” towards the end of this year. I think the substance of said deal will amount to nothing (we lower tariffs, they buy more soy), but we’ll get one.

And then the Dow hits 30k and Trump waltzes into re-election.
$5 bet?? I'll give you 2:1 odds.
On what part. The China deal? Sure
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 15820
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:27 pm
finneganm wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 pm
Bolton gone... that’s good news for the world.
Let's who the replacement is first.
Very valid point.
Short of say, Cobra Commander, it should be an improvement, but agree, let’s wait and see.
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 12949
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 pm

sixstringer wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:29 pm
In 2016 the dems selected a "hold your nose and vote" candidate and we all know how that turned out.
Yes. We do know how that turned out.

She won the popular vote by 3,000,000 votes.
She received the second largest number of votes for any U.S. Presidential Election in history second only to Barack Obama.
White, uneducated racist (or closet-racist) morons, and those stupid enough to be influenced by the aggressive Russian dezinformatsiya campaign, didn't help.
And either did the Electoral College.
And either did the combined 6 million votes that went to Jill Stein and Gary Johnson.
And either did the hush money payments that Dump made to make sure that information didn't get out prior to the election informing the world what he's really all about.
And let's not forget that the counties that voted for Hillary Clinton account for 2/3 of our entire country's GDP.
If you think Hillary Clinton was a flawed candidate, I don't what the hell you would consider Bernie to be.
Bernie is a cat. I'm a dog person.
But that doesn't mean I won't feed the cat, empty it's litter box and give it some love while I am cat-sitting.
I mean it's heaps better than tending to a monkey that throws its own shite around.

Image

It's official: Clinton swamps Trump in popular vote

https://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politics ... index.html

Hillary Clinton set to receive more votes than any US presidential candidate in history except Barack Obama


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 13596.html

I mean, really. What other candidate could be a mass murderer and still win a U.S. Presidential Election by 3,000,000 votes?
The bitch was pretty incredible.
Last edited by gorkie on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:18 pm

All of which means nothing since we have an electoral college and will in 2020. The map hasn't changed and we're look at a similar result but probably more EC votes to Drumph and a closing of the gap in popular vote.

I'm saying it's probably an 85% chance he's reelected no matter who the Dem candidate is. Farmers are literally offing themselves at an alarming rate but he still has their vote.
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 5959
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:30 pm

finneganm wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:44 pm
jjttdw wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm
finneganm wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:13 pm
I think we get a “deal” towards the end of this year. I think the substance of said deal will amount to nothing (we lower tariffs, they buy more soy), but we’ll get one.

And then the Dow hits 30k and Trump waltzes into re-election.
$5 bet?? I'll give you 2:1 odds.
On what part. The China deal? Sure
Sweet! I look forward to paying out or getting paid during the New Year Bowl games.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51322
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Big spenda!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 5959
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:18 pm

More of a gentlemen's bet. You want in?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Post Reply