America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:48 am

Trump may have committed tax fraud by fabricating a loan to avoid paying income taxes on nearly $50 million

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-m ... &r=US&IR=T
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
fredo
Art God

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:13 am

A Dump illegally avoided taxes? I say!
just a foil for me today, thanks
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:13 am

gorkie wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:48 am
Trump may have committed tax fraud by fabricating a loan to avoid paying income taxes on nearly $50 million

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-m ... &r=US&IR=T
You're in Chicago Gorkie, if he avoided taxes on the project in Chicago with the federal government, didn't he also skip out on paying the state? Maybe the state should investigate.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:29 am

The following article sheds more light on just how difficult it is to investigate the facts of exactly what happened without having access to actual tax returns.

Donald Trump Has Never Explained a Mysterious $50 Million Loan. Is It Evidence of Tax Fraud?
A Mother Jones investigation has uncovered new information about a puzzling Trump deal.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... tax-fraud/

Also...

Most loans are documented in public records, but Mother Jones could locate no documentation of a loan owned by Chicago Unit Acquisition. The Cook County Recorder of Deeds has records concerning the original Deutsche Bank loan for the Chicago project; the Deutsche Bank loan that replaced it; and the Fortress loan. But the Recorder of Deeds has no filings related to Chicago Unit Acquisition.

And...

“It would take a forensic audit,” says Martin Lobel, a prominent tax lawyer based in Washington, DC. “It is very labor intensive, and it takes someone who has years of experience to spot the problem areas.” This type of audit would entail combing methodically through every shred of paperwork underpinning Trump’s financial claims. And Lobel and other tax experts Mother Jones interviewed are dubious that the IRS would mount this type of audit on a sitting president. “The IRS is not going to look too closely at Trump’s tax returns,” Lobel says.

Lastly...

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who oversees the IRS, has so far rebuffed the Ways and Means Committee’s efforts to obtain Trump’s returns. In July, the panel sued the Treasury Department and the IRS to force them to comply. In a recent court filing, the committee revealed a tantalizing bit of information about its inquiry: A whistleblower had come forward with “credible allegations of ‘evidence of possible misconduct’—specifically, potential ‘inappropriate efforts to influence’ the mandatory audit program.”

We have an actual criminal as POTUS.
But we all already knew that.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:14 pm

bubbie wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 am
Luls. You really are pretty drymounting crazy, gorkie.

On a side note, you should lay off the news or internet altogether for a while, gorkie. Also, opt out of those group texts and whatnot. You are reading it all wrong.
.ru!!!1!!!!

just change your name to bubbieski and get it over with :lol:
I predict fredo eats the biscuit. 5/28/19
pvecchi
Art Expert

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:09 pm

I’m not sure if anyone has heard of this Trump shill, but he and he father are shameless

I really hope they throw the book at him

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob-woh ... st-warrant
squalie
Art Expert

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:20 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/clim ... trust.html

Could someone tell me who benefits from the roll back of emissions levels? I mean, the auto industry (or at least some of them) doesn't care at this point because they've already invested millions and want to keep selling cars in CA. Is it the remaining auto manufacturers? Auto lobbyists? Petroleum industry? They literally have the DOJ in their back pocket.

Every day this fudge gets more and more baffling.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:27 pm

^ Ask and you shall receive.

Reuters: Big Oil undermines U.N. climate goals with $50 billion of new projects: report

For those lazy to read the whole thing:
Major oil companies have approved $50 billion of projects since last year that will not be economically viable if governments implement the Paris Agreement on climate change, think-tank Carbon Tracker said in a report published on Friday.

The report also concluded that oil and gas companies risk “wasting” $2.2 trillion by 2030 on new projects if governments apply stricter curbs on greenhouse gas emissions.

ygolohcysp wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:14 pm
bubbie wrote:

On a side note, you should lay off the news or internet altogether for a while, gorkie. Also, opt out of those group texts and whatnot. You are reading it all wrong.
.ru!!!1!!!!

just change your name to bubbieski and get it over with :lol:
Opting for bubbiex!
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:55 pm

misterx wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:14 pm
Yeah, that's what the first paragraph says. And we are still waiting for those WMD,s too that Powells report " proved" were in Iraq.
This is a fair point :clap:
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:13 pm

bubbie wrote:

Meddling? I am actually laughing here. Exaggeration, when/if any, aside... name and shame or GTFO is what people say nowadays. From the article:

What’s described as communist propaganda that circulated in India overplays the story sometimes but also very maudlin stories about things that actually happened. Sometimes, in Pravda, all they needed to do was to reprint something that appeared in Time Magazine. Just the facts would themselves inflame international opinion.
Right? Those drymounting Russians! How dare they report the facts for their own political gain?! Luls. Just like the DNC server bullshit, aka we drymounted up -> blame the Russians.

There is some good news though, as stated in the last paragraph of the article:

The good news, though, is that America can do things to disarm the propaganda. In the 1950s and 60s, for example, this was one of the reasons that American presidents pushed through various civil rights victories, culminating in the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. This time, Americans can stop blaming the Russians and look at ourselves for what we do to fan the flames—to a far greater extent than the Russians ever could or do. “If there’s anyone to blame, it’s us,” says Sipher. “If we accept the stoking, it’s our fault.”
The voting rights that some are still trying to take away in the land of the free. Hope the Russians aren’t going to run with that story... At this point, I won’t be at all surprised if in a few years Russians will be blamed for racism and other drymounted up fudge you guys have going on in America.

So meddling isn't meddling if you choose to inflame or incite things that may also happen to be true?
8=====D~~~~
fredo
Art God

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:20 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
misterx wrote:
Yeah, that's what the first paragraph says. And we are still waiting for those WMD,s too that Powells report " proved" were in Iraq.
No we aren't, and no it isn't.

!txeN
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:24 pm

fredo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:20 pm
ygolohcysp wrote:
misterx wrote:
No we aren't, and no it isn't.

!txeN

We're lied to often. Will be interesting to look at this thread in ten years, it is a fair point. It's not unwise to be skeptical of the story line we're fed.
fredo
Art God

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:51 pm

Nice pivot.

PS Happy Page of Hastings!
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:08 pm

There is no way those 2 morons aren’t the same moron.
misterx
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:24 pm

48 hours later.

Nothing but crickets re. that evidence you all believe in, yet cannot bring forward to disprove me...something lots of you would love to do publicly, I'm sure.

Where's that evidence you are all convinced exists that shows Russia's meddling effected your election in a sweeping and systematic fashion?

Trying to disprove me is something lots of you would love to do, especially when the subject is YOUR country, something I am constantly told I know nothing about.

Now's your chance.

Simply refer to the Mueller Report, surely, for all the evidence you'd ever need!

Even Laurel and Hardy fredo and gorkie park can play!

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.