America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:23 am

“He also admits that Byrne’s, “hyperbolic storytelling needs to be sorted with care.””

That’s hilarious coming from Matt Taibbi.
That's what she said
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:32 am

misterx wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:04 pm
finneganm wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:51 am
finneganm wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:40 pm
finneganm wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:32 am

Literally the opening line of the Mueller report:

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion.
Shame.

Do you think it’s possible you are in denial?

You really cannot look any sillier!

Why do you think the story has vanished from your news cycle since the Report came out?

Pure coincidence??!!!

Let me help you...

The Report Summary states...

“The Special Counsel’s investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 US Presidential Election…the report does not recommend any further indictments, nor did the Special Counsel obtain any sealed indictments that have yet to be made public.”

Short version? There was NO Russiagate to begin with...but hey, you and gorkie keep on believin’ man!

Where is your quote from? I'm reading the first page of content in the report and it says this:

"The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systemic fashion"

A public relations nightmare
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:08 pm

So exactly how many EB names does MoronHex actually have?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:28 pm

ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:07 pm

gorkie wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:08 pm
So exactly how many EB names does MoronHex actually have?
How many do you think he has? You should list them here so we know
A public relations nightmare
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:26 pm

gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:56 pm

Powerful. Might have teared up a tiny bit.

‘We May Have to Shoot Down This Aircraft’
What the chaos aboard Flight 93 on 9/11 looked like to the White House, to the fighter pilots prepared to ram the cockpit and to the passengers.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... rpt-228001

This is a good read also if one is so inclined...

Let's Roll

https://www.amazon.com/Lets-Roll-Ordina ... way&sr=8-2

I was in NYC for work on 9/11/01.
I had arrived on Monday, September 10th by plane.
I stayed at the Crowne Plaza at the United Nations (which has subsequently closed down).
Tuesday was the nightmare.
I was in our NYC office on Fifth Ave when the first plane hit. We were just leaving the office to head to Javits when the second plane hit. I immediately said to those I was with that this had to be terrorists.
As we headed west to Javits in our car, I just remember looking south and seeing that huge hole in the North Tower with the thick smoke billowing out.
After arriving to Javits, we were not in the building too long when a mandatory evacuation of the building was announced because the South Tower had come down. We left and went back to the office on Fifth Ave for the rest of that day.
As we arrived to our building, I remember looking north up Fifth Avenue and seeing all kinds of people on the street just looking down southward with a confused and astonished look on their faces. It was so eerie.
I was able to get out on a train on Thursday, September 13th from Pennsylvania Station. A 22 hour train ride.
I remember thinking how happy I was as the train moved for every foot that was being put between me and the city.
I just wanted out of there.
A string of days I will never ever forget.
mobius006
Art Freak

Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:36 pm

gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Actually, he's not even a man.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:33 pm

"Then he pulled out a sharpie and altered the map to include Alabama in the path of hurricane Dorian"

misterx
Art Expert

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Where is your quote from? I'm reading the first page of content in the report and it says this:

"The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic......

Sorry, I should have been clearer...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/24/poli ... index.html

Yeah, that's what the first paragraph says. And we are still waiting for those WMD,s too that Powells report " proved" were in Iraq.

Ask yourself... what credible evidence has been produced that Russia’s “interference” affected the result of the 2016 presidential election in any significant way??

There's none. No Americans arrested and charged. No collusion.

Yet it seems it has become the thing of Legend over there, even from normally well informed types.
They really did a great job on you all...

Disagree EB?

Then list for me the credible evidence that Russia's meddling affected your election in a sweeping and systematic fashion....as the first paragraph states?

I got nothing.

Neither did Mueller.

Enlighten me. And maybe yourself.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:18 pm

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:41 pm

Deeeerrrrrrrrrrrppp.

The History of Russian Involvement in America's Race Wars
From propaganda posters to Facebook ads, 80-plus years of Russian meddling.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatl ... le/542796/
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 am

Luls. You really are pretty drymounting crazy, gorkie.

Meddling? I am actually laughing here. Exaggeration, when/if any, aside... name and shame or GTFO is what people say nowadays. From the article:

What’s described as communist propaganda that circulated in India overplays the story sometimes but also very maudlin stories about things that actually happened. Sometimes, in Pravda, all they needed to do was to reprint something that appeared in Time Magazine. Just the facts would themselves inflame international opinion.
Right? Those drymounting Russians! How dare they report the facts for their own political gain?! Luls. Just like the DNC server bullshit, aka we drymounted up -> blame the Russians.

There is some good news though, as stated in the last paragraph of the article:

The good news, though, is that America can do things to disarm the propaganda. In the 1950s and 60s, for example, this was one of the reasons that American presidents pushed through various civil rights victories, culminating in the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. This time, Americans can stop blaming the Russians and look at ourselves for what we do to fan the flames—to a far greater extent than the Russians ever could or do. “If there’s anyone to blame, it’s us,” says Sipher. “If we accept the stoking, it’s our fault.”
The voting rights that some are still trying to take away in the land of the free. Hope the Russians aren’t going to run with that story... At this point, I won’t be at all surprised if in a few years Russians will be blamed for racism and other drymounted up fudge you guys have going on in America.

On a side note, you should lay off the news or internet altogether for a while, gorkie. Also, opt out of those group texts and whatnot. You are reading it all wrong.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:48 am

Trump may have committed tax fraud by fabricating a loan to avoid paying income taxes on nearly $50 million

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-m ... &r=US&IR=T