TOOL announces summer tour

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am

Album is TOOL. Think I listened to half of it before falling asleep. Enjoyable, sure but sounds like a mix of their last 2 to me. Was expecting more honestly after such a long break. I guess it's good that they can still sound good after so long but probably will be like 10,000 days and not get much replay value from me.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
User avatar
dodgers77
Art Expert
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Westside

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:18 pm

Tool coming back to LA for 2 shows in October, unfortunately at my least favorite venue the Staples Center, oh well I guess :roll: Hope the gig print is dope !
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51697
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Was hoping they skipped LA again and came down to SD instead. Alas, dats not gonna happen.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
turnJBup
Art Expert
Posts: 8947
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:00 am
Location: California

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:11 pm

Damn...
Agree... Staples is the worst.
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10946
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm

See ya hippies in salt lake.
Image
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10946
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:36 pm

beetlejuice wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am
Album is TOOL. Think I listened to half of it before falling asleep. Enjoyable, sure but sounds like a mix of their last 2 to me. Was expecting more honestly after such a long break. I guess it's good that they can still sound good after so long but probably will be like 10,000 days and not get much replay value from me.
I thought 10,000 days was great. This album is slowly growing on me. Fear Inoculum, Pneuma, Invincible, Descending, and 7empest are drymounting LIT. I don't think my acid has worn off yet. I'll come back in 24 hours and see how I feel then. :twisted:
Image
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5674
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:47 am

I think seeing Tool the day before my 50th birthday is a great thing!
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10946
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:15 pm

How much was tix for recent shows?
Image
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
Posts: 1150
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn

Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:35 pm

I had a left handed cigarette last night, folded 5 loads of my kids' laundry, listened to the entire album and I loved every second of it :rock:
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3154
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:04 pm

Only VIP packages available (at $500/ticket). Site barely loading. Also, no need to be a member of TA to buy tix. Pretty messy, smh.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2486
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:03 pm

Probably won't happen, but it would be awesome if they played just Fear Inoculum straight through on some leg of their tour. They've toured plenty with basically the same setlist for the past decade plus, so changing things up a bit would be great.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51697
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:15 pm

guryter wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:04 pm
Only VIP packages available (at $500/ticket). Site barely loading. Also, no need to be a member of TA to buy tix. Pretty messy, smh.
Huh?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
applehead
Art Expert
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:43 pm

canuck wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:15 pm
How much was tix for recent shows?
Tickets for the 10/15 Denver show are $75-150
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3154
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:15 pm
guryter wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:04 pm
Only VIP packages available (at $500/ticket). Site barely loading. Also, no need to be a member of TA to buy tix. Pretty messy, smh.
Huh?
Image

Bringing that fudge back just for you.

Tool had a presale this morning for members of the Tool Army, so they stated. Site was hammered and would barely load, external site embedded so you didn't even need to be logged in to access the links, and the only tickets available were VIP experience tickets at $500/each.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51697
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Ah so basically much ado about nothing.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Post Reply