America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:07 am

Emphasis on lucid. I love how he cries crocodile tears for the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan while ignoring their many atrocities. Their Unit 731 almost makes Mengele look like a humanitarian.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/unit-731/4

For example, female prisoners of childbearing age were sometimes forcibly impregnated so that weapon and trauma experiments could be done on them.

After being infected with various diseases, exposed to chemical weapons, or suffering crush injuries, bullet wounds, and shrapnel injuries, the pregnant subjects were opened up and the effects on the fetuses studied.

The U.S. should not have swept those crimes under the rug.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
squalie
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 pm

gorkie wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:48 am
squalie wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:56 pm
X is good a what he does and is obviously paid well for his commitment to the cause.
He's good at what he does in the same way a monkey in a zoo flinging his poo is good at flinging poo.

The guy's not good at anything. Especially at being lucid or truthful.
He's incessant, distracting, and digressive. If I ran a troll farm I'd want him on my team. The fact that he spends so much time on an art forum posting his political nonsense is mind-boggling and only explained if he is compensated or a lonely unemployed trust fund baby.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:21 pm

More like a bored retiree. Duke is at least in his 60s or 70s.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Big Money Starts to Dump Stocks That Pose Climate Risks
After years of meetings and shareholder resolutions, some funds are starting to simply divest from coal and oil stocks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... mate-risks
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:00 pm

Another argument about who was more compassionate in a war between Japan and USA. USA story of goodness and myth about how the war would have gone on so much longer and so many more deaths, but because of the 'bomb' USA spared all those lives. Further promoting a cover for willful ignorance that protects USA's innocence. Rinse, wash, repeat because this method always works. USA has no stain, all the wars were done for the benefit of humanity. ie: Iraq, cause Sadam is a bad dude and he's hiding WMDs under his swimming pools, so we have to go in to save the free world. etc, etc.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:12 pm

cktbreaker wrote:
Another argument about who was more compassionate in a war between Japan and USA. USA story of goodness and myth about how the war would have gone on so much longer and so many more deaths, but because of the 'bomb' USA spared all those lives. Further promoting a cover for willful ignorance that protects USA's innocence. Rinse, wash, repeat because this method always works. USA has no stain, all the wars were done for the benefit of humanity. ie: Iraq, cause Sadam is a bad dude and he's hiding WMDs under his swimming pools, so we have to go in to save the free world. etc, etc.
America. drymount yeah. Coming to save the drymounting day. Yeah.
I predict fredo eats the biscuit. 5/28/19
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:25 pm

gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:36 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:12 pm
cktbreaker wrote:
America. drymount yeah. Coming to save the drymounting day. Yeah.
Seriously, though. You both need to educate yourself.

This was an actual ALL OUT WAR.

Also, the B-29 raids killed WAY MORE people than the atomic bombs did. So is it the killing period or the use of the atomic bomb that has you rattled?

Also, Japan refused to surrender when given the chance.

Japan wanted to kill Americans. We killed them instead.

If the Atomic Bomb Had Not Been Used
Was Japan already beaten before the August 1945 bombings?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ed/376238/

Was the use of the atomic bomb inhuman? All war is inhuman. Here are some comparisons of the atomic bombing with conventional bombing. At Hiroshima the atomic bomb killed about 80,000 people, pulverized about five square miles, and wrecked an additional ten square miles of the city, with decreasing damage out to seven or eight miles from the center. At Nagasaki the fatal casualties were 45,000 and the area wrecked was considerably smaller than at Hiroshima because of the configuration of the city.

Compare this with the results of two B-29 incendiary raids over Tokyo. One of these raids killed about 125,000 people, the other nearly 100,000.

Did the atomic bomb bring about the end of the war? That it would do so was the calculated gamble and hope of Mr. Stimson, General Marshall, and their associates. The facts are these. On July 26, 1945, the Potsdam Ultimatum called on Japan to surrender unconditionally. On July 29 Premier Suzuki issued a statement, purportedly at a cabinet press conference, scorning as unworthy of official notice the surrender ultimatum, and emphasizing the increasing rate of Japanese aircraft production. Eight days later, on August 6, the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima; the second was dropped on August 9 on Nagasaki; on the following day, August 10, Japan declared its intention to surrender, and on August 14 accepted the Potsdam terms.

On the basis of these facts, I cannot believe that, without the atomic bomb, the surrender would have come without a great deal more of costly struggle and bloodshed.

Exactly what role the atomic bomb played will always allow some scope for conjecture. A survey has shown that it did not have much immediate effect on the common people far from the two bombed cities; they knew little or nothing of it. The even more disastrous conventional bombing of Tokyo and other cities had not brought the people into the mood to surrender.

The evidence points to a combination of factors. (1) Some of the more informed and intelligent elements in Japanese official circles realized that they were fighting a losing battle and that complete destruction lay ahead if the war continued. These elements, however, were not powerful enough to sway the situation against the dominating Army organization, backed by the profiteering industrialists, the peasants, and the ignorant masses. (2) The atomic bomb introduced a dramatic new element into the situation, which strengthened the hands of those who sought peace and provided a face-saving argument for those who had hitherto advocated continued war. (3) When the second atomic bomb was dropped, it became clear that this was not an isolated weapon, but that there were others to follow. With dread prospect of a deluge of these terrible bombs and no possibility of preventing them, the argument for surrender was made convincing. This I believe to be the true picture of the effect of the atomic bomb in bringing the war to a sudden end, with Japan's unconditional surrender.
Last edited by gorkie on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:40 pm

Funny cuz it's true!
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:44 pm

They should start my reading that article. Whatever the U.S. did in WWII did not include killing a half million people in "medical" experiments like Unit 731 did. On a different topic...this is an AWESOME poster

ISO
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:45 pm

Gorkie you just fulfilled my statement. Thanks.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:49 pm

cktbreaker wrote:
And what I understand is how you are ignorant to believe what you just said and nothing else.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:51 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:44 pm
Whatever the U.S. did in WWII did not include killing a half million people in "medical" experiments like Unit 731 did.
They don't care. It doesn't fit into their narrative.

Derp.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:57 pm

gorkie wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:
And what I understand is how you are ignorant to believe what you just said and nothing else.
What's obvious is how immature you are in always having to have the last comment, after something that is contradictory to your pro USA belief, however meaningless it may be. Please control your emotions a bit.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 pm

cktbreaker wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:57 pm
gorkie wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:
What's obvious is how immature you are in always having to have the last comment, after something that is contradictory to your pro USA belief, however meaningless it may be. Please control your emotions a bit.

Quite true, and telling. It's ok to be critical of the people that run the country you happen to live in. Dare I say it's... American? We're not the good guys