Loss of a Pet

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:09 am

Maizey's final day came yesterday. I 'm absolutely crushed but appreciate the extra time we had with her. Her being just 7 y/o made it so difficult but at least she is free from the pain of the physical world.

One of her little quirks was that she loved sticker her head through the banister posts on our stairs. When I was leaving in the morning she would come out and lean her head through as far as she could to give em a few kisses.

I'm not someone else.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:22 pm

GBP, sorry to see this. My condolences.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
1nkling
Site Admin

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:11 pm

RIP Maizey! Sorry to hear this GBP, hope you're bearing up. I'll be thinking of you.
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:51 pm

I lost a part of my heart and soul. I am completely devastated by the loss of Snoopy. Words fail to describe how terribly sad I am, and the pain... I did what was best for him. I promised him he would not suffer, and that I would be there till the very end. I kept my word. I loved and will love him forever.

iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Oh no - so sorry for both of your losses :(

Poor sweet puppy dogs.
gorkie
Art Freak

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:50 pm

So sorry to hear about these losses.
Really hope you are doing ok.
It’s never ever easy.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks, all

Sorry for your loss, Oneye. He was a cute little guy
I'm not someone else.
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:10 am

Maizey, a wonderful dog. They are all great... it's some of their humans that I wonder about.

In the 9 years that Snoopy was with me, he battled cancer twice. It was successfully removed and the margins were good. This was the third time. He had a large tumor in his lung. I'm still having a hard time, crying every day. Anything can trigger it, a memory, a place, activity. It hurts.
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:18 am

Did I screw up? I thought this was a thread for everyone. If it was, I apologize for barging in.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:25 am

ONEYE wrote:
Did I screw up? I thought this was a thread for everyone. If it was, I apologize for barging in.
100% for anyone and everyone.

What prompts your question? I don’t see anything in the thread that indicates you’ve barged in, but it’s entirely possible I’m just not caffeinated enough this morning...
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:12 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
ONEYE wrote:

What prompts your question? I don’t see anything in the thread that indicates you’ve barged in, but it’s entirely possible I’m just not caffeinated enough this morning...
I didn't go back through the entire thread. I am not "with it" (sleep is illusive and during the day coffee doesn't help). I'm depressed, anxious, and lost.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:24 pm

So sorry oneeye and gobluepanic. It's just the drymounting worst. We are cat people and losing any pet sucks but I have to think losing a dog just hits a little harder because they are SO ever-present from the moment you walk in the door. Hope Maizey and Snoopy just chowed down on their favorite treat and are napping together now. : ( Hang in there fellas.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:21 pm

ONEYE wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:12 pm
iwokeinrelief wrote:
ONEYE wrote:

I didn't go back through the entire thread. I am not "with it" (sleep is illusive and during the day coffee doesn't help). I'm depressed, anxious, and lost.
Stay strong brother. There's never a one-size-fits-all, but of all things what helped me through the worst of it was a book called The Pet Loss Companion
SPAC04
Art Expert

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:57 pm

My condolences GBP and 1I. I recently had to put down two family cats in one week and that was rather rough. Dogs are a much harder loss in my personal opinion. Never discount the fact that you probably provided them with a better life than most humans will ever know.

post script-
ONEYE wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:51 pm
I promised him he would not suffer, and that I would be there till the very end. I kept my word.
^Best way to get closure in my experience is to stay with them at the table till they are gone. In my younger Dog days I had to take my Brittany Spaniel in because of a sudden massive tumor the size of an orange that developed in his brain...on Xmas eve. I left him with the vet because it was just too brutal emotionally ( at least I had thought at that time) but i will never forgive myself for leaving him alone after a lifetime at my heels loyalty . Still bugs me to this day that I didn't see him off. Hold your heads up comrades.
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:31 pm

This is not my first loss of a family member, it never gets easier, it hurts just as awfully each time. I can't help but cry. I know, in time things will get better, but I don't know, that thought makes me angry, as if I'm being disrespectful somehow. I cried vacuuming, I felt guilty as if I was erasing traces of Snoopy. I understand what it going on... I just have to go through with it. I could just imagine what I looking like vacuuming and crying. Those who know the loss know how bad the pain and sorrow is. I can't listen to music, lost energy, don't care about my stuff, don't eat much, forget where I put things, or what I was going to do. Forgot to close the garage door, etc...