Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm

What weather app do you use and would recommend? Everything I found so far googling “best weather apps” and the like turned out to be junk. Looking for something that would show “accurate” and detailed forecast, such as hourly, wind, precipitation, etc. Simple stuff, really.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 pm

Weather channel?
It lets you see the entire earth Doppler...
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:30 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Don’t remember everything I didn’t like about that one, but I remember advertising took about third of the screen. I didn’t like the looks either (that might be changeable though, I don’t know).

I would also like to be able to tap on the hour and see detailed forecast for that hour, which would include wind speed and direction. Maybe what I am looking for doesn’t exist.

Also, I don’t mind paying a few bucks if it actually is simple enough and more or less meets my criteria.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:09 am

bubbie wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Don’t remember everything I didn’t like about that one, but I remember advertising took about third of the screen. I didn’t like the looks either (that might be changeable though, I don’t know).

I would also like to be able to tap on the hour and see detailed forecast for that hour, which would include wind speed and direction. Maybe what I am looking for doesn’t exist.

Also, I don’t mind paying a few bucks if it actually is simple enough and more or less meets my criteria.
Seriously, the answer is eWeatherHD, end of discussion. I think the paid ad-free version is like 5 bucks.

It has everything you could possibly want. There's a high level of customization and a bit of a learning curve, but you can have it hide/show literally whatever you want. It's so good
veltri
Art Expert

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:18 am

Russian made Simpsons intro
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:35 pm

TKuczynski wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:09 am
bubbie wrote:

Seriously, the answer is eWeatherHD, end of discussion. I think the paid ad-free version is like 5 bucks.

It has everything you could possibly want. There's a high level of customization and a bit of a learning curve, but you can have it hide/show literally whatever you want. It's so good
Thanks! Bought the app(3.99 usd, I think it was). Looks good, but pretty busy. I think better than anything I had seen so far though.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:58 pm

sixstringer wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:01 am
Lol, I loved that TMZ got the tallest woman they could to do that interview :lol: :lol: :lol: That guy is a drymounting asswipe.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:59 pm

gorkie wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:05 pm
Is this someone who carjacked a submarine? and the subsequent recover of jacked-sub? :shock:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Coast Guard busting a drug smuggling sub. Also dats Inside Edition above not TMZ.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Also dats Inside Edition above not TMZ.
<reading skills> still funny as drymount.
Codeblue wrote:
Coast Guard busting a drug smuggling sub.
amazing.
misterx
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 pm

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:00 am

Holy Shite.

76 billion opioid pills: Newly released federal data unmasks the epidemic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... a150cc1880

The states that received the highest concentrations of pills per person per year were: West Virginia with 66.5, Kentucky with 63.3, South Carolina with 58, Tennessee with 57.7 and Nevada with 54.7. West Virginia also had the highest opioid death rate during this period.

Rural areas were hit particularly hard: Norton, Va., with 306 pills per person; Martinsville, Va., with 242; Mingo County, W.Va., with 203; and Perry County, Ky., with 175.

In that time, the companies distributed enough pills to supply every adult and child in the country with 36 each year.

During the past two decades, Florida became ground zero for pill mills — pain management clinics that served as fronts for corrupt doctors and drug dealers. They became so brazen that some clinics set up storefronts along I-75 and I-95, advertising their products on billboards by interstate exit ramps. So many people traveled to Florida to stock up on oxycodone and hydrocodone, they were sometimes referred to as “prescription tourists.”

The route from Florida to Georgia, Kentucky, West Virginia and Ohio became known as the “Blue Highway.” It was named after the color of one of the most popular pills on the street — 30 mg oxycodone tablets made by Mallinckrodt, which shipped more than 500 million of the pills to Florida between 2008 and 2012.

When state troopers began pulling over and arresting out-of-state drivers for transporting narcotics, drug dealers took to the air. One airline offered nonstop flights to Florida from Ohio and other Appalachian states, and the route became known as the Oxy Express.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:37 pm

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
canuck
Art Freak

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:23 pm

One ticket to the Oxy Express please!