Grateful Dead Egypt 78 Mouse

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
stever500
New User

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:39 am

The internet is too amazing. I just found this site when googling the name of my artwork. I've always wondered about this piece I bought many years ago. It's cool to see that others have it too. I wonder what it's worth now, like this, framed? People have offered to buy it before but I would never sell unless totally desperate. My wife hated that had so much Grateful Dead stuff on the walls of my house but she never knew this and ended up making sure it all ended up in my office upstairs. This one slipped by her and it was on the wall of a prominent room in our house. I don't think she even knew it was Grateful Dead related. I told her it was simply something from Egypt since I'm an Egypt collector and wanted to be an Egyptologist at one point in my life. People who are into the Dead have always commented on this piece.
stealyourboognish
New User

Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:16 pm

full shot.jpg
I picked up one of these from Mouse back in 1987 @ the Grateful Dead shows from the Shoreline Amphitheatre, CA. Mouse had a vendors table there. This one is numbered 128/350. (although the 8 looks somewhat like a 3...)

Don't know if I'll ever frame it?
gamehendge02
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:45 am

The 20 x 26 versions of this print are the only true originals
All of these other Gold and marker signed larger sizes and large numbered editions were made much later.

Whatever EB has as the 1st Edition is not the first edition.
peacedog
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:49 am

stever500 wrote:The internet is too amazing. I just found this site when googling the name of my artwork. I've always wondered about this piece I bought many years ago. It's cool to see that others have it too. I wonder what it's worth now, like this, framed? People have offered to buy it before but I would never sell unless totally desperate. My wife hated that had so much Grateful Dead stuff on the walls of my house but she never knew this and ended up making sure it all ended up in my office upstairs. This one slipped by her and it was on the wall of a prominent room in our house. I don't think she even knew it was Grateful Dead related. I told her it was simply something from Egypt since I'm an Egypt collector and wanted to be an Egyptologist at one point in my life. People who are into the Dead have always commented on this piece.
So many mysteries of ancient Egypt, like where did they plug in their electric guitars? :wink:
automator
Nobody

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:04 pm

New image Lobby Card

Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:41 pm

automator wrote:New image Lobby Card

Lobby of the pyramids? :lol:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
poger67

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:20 pm

So I have a pencil signed and doodled p/p version of this print. Are the print proofs more or less valuable than the first edition of 90?
chadrentz
New User

Wed May 27, 2020 12:38 pm

I have a AP 3/6 that has no white border. I'm guessing its a first print AP run of 6. Anybody have a clue?