Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:40 pm

One delay shouldn't mean the end of the world, but whatever.

Anyway...

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info

Scoops Ahoy by Glen Brogan
Fine art giclee
10 x 13 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 150
$35

Mastodon - Irving, TX by Timothy Pittides
Screen print
21 x 33 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 160
$50

Mastodon - Irving, TX - Red Dirt Variant by Timothy Pittides
Screen print
21 x 33 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 45
$60
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:42 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:33 pm
psh. even with the delay they will still hit a timed edition shipment faster than mondo does with limited editions. weird flex but ok.

... Mostly. Is it that weird to expect a business, any business, to hit their own deadline for delivering paid product, and when they miss said deadline by 50-100% an update/explanation be provided? That's more like minimum standards and courtesy to me, and typically that's what I've seen from Bottleneck.
jkw3000 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:40 pm
One delay shouldn't mean the end of the world, but whatever.
Nah. My "end of the world" post would look much different. :wink:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Laguy34
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Bottleneck is just cranking out too many prints. Kinda killing the market IMO
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Meh, their output is pretty diverse. I don't see what market they are killing when their releases seem to sell pretty well.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:03 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:33 pm
It looks like we're about a month past the shipping estimate for Alvin ET. I have come to expect better. This is more like Mondo territory. :tumbleweed:
Ships next week. Unfortunately the printer had a printer go down mid job . Think this might be the longest delay we've had in a bit.

Killing a market? I think the general market is doing better then ever.

I've said it before but if we just focus on Fb groups and EB then yea it would prob hurt. We try our best to find beyond that and keep growing.
NickoRay
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 pm

acidburn wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:03 pm
KSUvet wrote:
It looks like we're about a month past the shipping estimate for Alvin ET. I have come to expect better. This is more like Mondo territory. :tumbleweed:
Ships next week. Unfortunately the printer had a printer go down mid job . Think this might be the longest delay we've had in a bit.

Killing a market? I think the general market is doing better then ever.

I've said it before but if we just focus on Fb groups and EB then yea it would prob hurt. We try our best to find beyond that and keep growing.
I emailed bng couple days ago bc I haven't gotten JAWS (reg) by Ferg or ET by Alvin shipping notifs. Said JAWS shipping this week and ET next. And I would agree, I think the market is doing great right now..
Posterlover90
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:40 pm

The main thing is communication and anytime I email BNG (and lord knows Im not the only one) I get kind and fast responses and they have no problem combining shipping and thinking along with you. I think they are more diverse in their offerings and because most people dryhump any pile of fudge Mondo launches and think the world starts and ends with them, I have better chances of scoring stuff as well. Win/Win in my book!
- Love screenprints, films, books and life -
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:35 pm

think we should really be caught up with basically everything within a week or two (besides NOES which is more about signings and we noted). Star Wars Guydo second shipment with variants and foils come in next week as well.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm

KSUvet wrote:
I think complaining about ONE delay by a group that consistently nails timelines with HIGH quality products, especially with the quantity and diversity they produce, is beyond reaching for the sake of complaining. And definitely not fair to compare them to Mondo where a 1 month timed release turn around from Mondo would seem lightning fast.

It's all relative so BNG having a 1 month delay with their history is pretty damn good. :notworthy:
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:59 am

acidburn wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:35 pm
think we should really be caught up with basically everything within a week or two (besides NOES which is more about signings and we noted). Star Wars Guydo second shipment with variants and foils come in next week as well.
Can’t wait to hear your excuse for not having these Gabz prints already shipped. Ridiculous
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:25 am

BNG has been nothing short of great in my experience. Fast turnaround times with their shipping times and as others have said, they're great about combing shipping costs to save you money. One time I forgot to apply my bottlebux while paying. I e-mailed them and asked if there was any way to apply it after the fact. They said no but they allowed me to keep my bottlebux for another time and still waived the shipping charge! I've always been satisfied with my experience with BNG. Keep up the outstanding work guys!
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:53 pm

KSUvet wrote:
When your print shows up ET's magical finger will soothe your butthurt
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
ACCBiggz
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:11 pm

When dealing with reptuable companies like BNG, I don't even see the point in getting upset. You know it's coming, you know it's going to be high quality. Impatience is also a pet peeve of mine though.

My biggest disappointment is missing the recent show. Flying into NYC today for a few days, and then when I get home maybe I'll be getting the ET foil. Something to look forward to.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:57 am

what a great weekend. lovely seeing you guys. eating all the food and getting all the things. john wick rules. i am a big fan of the screening the day after the show.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:45 am

Seriously was a wonderful weekend. Thank you to everyone that came out. Seemed like a lot of ppl flew in which was really cool.

Probably one of our biggest shows and everyone basically seemed to get what they wanted I think.

Today, I believe GM is going to sell the remaining allocation of Captain variants with the timed release close out. Should be in a newsletter unless it was changed.

And on Tuesday, we will be selling the remaining prints of Star Wars which isn't much and I believe 6-7 ogs.