Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 am

sixstringer wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:30 am
35mmpaul wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 am
Get a hydro flask.
My 11 & 12 year olds insist on those. Guess it's the "cool" thing to have a school these days. Not sure how good they are but they better be something special cause I dropped about 2 hundo on 4 of them.
they have lifetime warranties and are really great about swapping out dented or damaged flasks. my biggest problem i've had with mine is i have left them on planes more than once on accident.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:51 am

jjttdw wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:09 am
Buy a yeti or corsicle. Stainless steel inside and out.
Use one of the Yeti for myself. They are great, but not really kids friendly, so to speak. The youngest is 1.5-years old. She is pretty handy for her age, but I want to her to able to grab the bottle and drink by herself when she wants to, preferably without spilling it on herself or all over the place.

One of the greatest benefits of living in the “first world” is having “fist-world” problems :lol:
IWish wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:16 am
For many years, I refuse to buy any food/drink ceramic containers that are made overseas. Many Countries have no regulations for manufacturing processes. If tests were performed on the products I wonder how many contain lead.
I agree, but nowadays it became ever so difficult to buy something that is made here, the US, EU, etc. Pretty sure though that my kitchen is only the place in the house that consists of and stores at least 90% of fudge that was not made in a polluting-itself-to-death country trying to catch up on development. Silverware and measuring cups (made in China) and a set of pots (made in Taiwan) are the only things that come to mind that are an exception, really.
Codeblue wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:35 am
Did ya put em in the dishwasher? Sure fire way to fug it up.
Cragars wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:47 pm
Yup BPA was replaced with the same fudge different name. Go silicone, stainless, wood or similar natural stuff.
Did not put in the dishwasher.

The bottles were stainless steel (or that’s what it said) with no coating. The caps were plastic. No smell in the store or after being washed. No smell at first use. But after the water stayed there for a few hours, it drymounting stank toxic. Weird fudge. Weren’t cheap bottles either, 18 dollares per. Returned them today.
35mmpaul wrote:
Get a hydro flask.
Winner! Thanks for the suggestion. I did not know about these. Ordered two kids ones today. Hopefully, they are as good as six’s kids think they are, considering the price, lol.
sixstringer wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:35 am
This is how we roll
:P
Luls. With the right rock you will also get the minerals your body needs! Plus, I can make those myself.
fredo wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:13 pm
Drink beer.
Keep telling that to my wife. It also comes in its own containers, glass or aluminum. I prefer the former. The wife says I have to cut my consumption first before we start giving it to the kids. drymount that idea. I would rather drop $80 for two water bottles.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:53 am

35mmpaul wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 am
sixstringer wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:30 am
35mmpaul wrote:
Get a hydro flask.
My 11 & 12 year olds insist on those. Guess it's the "cool" thing to have a school these days. Not sure how good they are but they better be something special cause I dropped about 2 hundo on 4 of them.
they have lifetime warranties and are really great about swapping out dented or damaged flasks. my biggest problem i've had with mine is i have left them on planes more than once on accident.
Thanks again. That’s great to hear as well.
Cragars
Art Expert

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:22 pm

thing I worry about is I've been buying distilled water for my kid's formula mix and the jugs are all plastic and have a certain smell. :/
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:42 pm

Cragars wrote:
thing I worry about is I've been buying distilled water for my kid's formula mix and the jugs are all plastic and have a certain smell. :/
Is distilled water something that is recommended for preparation of formula? I don’t know much about formula, so just wondering. I understand there is a potential fluoride issue.
Why not get a reverse osmosis filter for kitchen tap or a stand alone one? There are those that remove fluoride (if not completely than to negligible levels). If fluoride is the only issue. Another option is to fill your choice of a bottle at a “reverse osmosis filling stations” or water depots or whatever those place are called. You can use your own glass bottle at those places and many would sell one to you. Not only does it rid you of having to use a plastic bottle, but also (more or less) lets you control what kind of water was actually put in the bottle, the conditions, etc.

I try to avoid plastics as much as possible. But it really is difficult.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm

I do the 5 gallon alkaline water w/minerals. The city I live in actually has very decent tap water with a great alkaline level.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Formula instead of breast milk, but worried about plastic. Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:18 pm

I've been refilling the same few plastic bottles for probably a decade now. Water cooler at the office, and Brita at home. Thought process is I'm either building an immunity, or I'll die of the lamest cause ever. Either is fine.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:29 pm

In case you missed it the first time.
fredo wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:58 pm
Your daily dose of the finest in pseudo-science, courtesy of a water filter my wife innocently bought from a friend. We are gonna live forever.

Behold: The Bio 400
http://healthproducts.co.nz/product/bio ... 97a26-2590

Water, The Spice Of Life!

13 stages of sterilising, filtration & activation, multi stage cartridges contain:

Sub micron prefilters
Silver ionised activated coconut shell carbon,
Ion exchange cation resin for 99.9% Fluoride removal
Bio organic coral mineral sands
Silica sands
Far infrared ceramics
Bio ceramic Somelite™
Magnets and other patented filter medium.

Waters filters contain special magnets, which restore waters natural hexagonal cell structure giving a reduced cluster size & surface tension. This enables the water to penetrate into your cells faster & with greater ease thus increasing your rate of hydration. Beneficial negative ions abound in Nature in good quality air and some naturally occurring minerals.

The minerals in the Waters filters significantly reduce the positive ion count of the tap water filtered through its filter medium.

Our patented Bio ceramics, which emit a far-infrared energy into the water creating negative ions which increase the energetic nature of the water giving it life & creating a clean fresh taste.

Also helps to reduce the water molecule size to help you hydrate faster & reduce acidic build up in our cells.
just a foil for me today, thanks
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:28 am

Codeblue wrote:
Not fair. There are different reason for people using the formula. To eliminate plastic from the equation has nothing to do with those reasons.

Edit: will add here that our first was breastfed to the age of 3 (or almost). The second will probably follow suit, if all works out well.
Last edited by bubbie on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:41 am

fredo wrote:
fredo wrote:
Your daily dose of the finest in pseudo-science, courtesy of a water filter my wife innocently bought from a friend. We are gonna live forever.

13 stages of sterilising, filtration & activation, multi stage cartridges contain:

Sub micron prefilters
Silica sands
Far infrared ceramics
Bio ceramic Somelite™

Waters filters contain special magnets, which restore waters natural hexagonal cell structure giving a reduced cluster size & surface tension. This enables the water to penetrate into your cells faster & with greater ease thus increasing your rate of hydration. Beneficial negative ions abound in Nature in good quality air and some naturally occurring minerals.

The minerals in the Waters filters significantly reduce the positive ion count of the tap water filtered through its filter medium.

Our patented Bio ceramics, which emit a far-infrared energy into the water creating negative ions which increase the energetic nature of the water giving it life & creating a clean fresh taste.

Also helps to reduce the water molecule size to help you hydrate faster & reduce acidic build up in our cells.
Wish I didn’t miss it the first time. Would definitely be a part of consideration and possibly the winner.

Just a few months ago, I installed one of the H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis filter in our kitchen. Up until then, we kept buying bottled water (19 litre jugs) since we moved to the boonies.
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:53 pm

bubbie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:42 pm
Cragars wrote:
Is distilled water something that is recommended for preparation of formula? I don’t know much about formula, so just wondering. I understand there is a potential fluoride issue.
Why not get a reverse osmosis filter for kitchen tap or a stand alone one? There are those that remove fluoride (if not completely than to negligible levels). If fluoride is the only issue. Another option is to fill your choice of a bottle at a “reverse osmosis filling stations” or water depots or whatever those place are called. You can use your own glass bottle at those places and many would sell one to you. Not only does it rid you of having to use a plastic bottle, but also (more or less) lets you control what kind of water was actually put in the bottle, the conditions, etc.

I try to avoid plastics as much as possible. But it really is difficult.
Yea it's the Fluoride issue. I'll look into the glass bottle/water station route. Thanks :D
Codeblue wrote:
Shut it nerd. We do both and mainly formula during a crying episode when slower breast milk rate at night leads to frustrated little baby.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:57 pm

fredo wrote:
fredo wrote:

Sub micron prefilters
Silica sands
Far infrared ceramics
Bio ceramic Somelite™

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:20 pm

fredo wrote:
helps to reduce the water molecule size
luls