Horkey Club! THC2018:To be a madman in a world of sad ghosts

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 pm

KSUvet wrote:
southerngarden wrote: but, another tease of what looks to be a test print is up in Aaron's instastory...unreal. that's an epic looking test print too, whoever snags that is gonna be pretty damn happy!
:drool:
C'mon, we know who's getting that - Mr. TestPrintTuesday! :D
no doubt in my mind! :lol: just hope he shares it with all of us soon on one of his TPTs of the future! 8)
ahrkitekt
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 11, 2019 8:35 pm

:jawdropper: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
ISO Horkey Nesting
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat May 11, 2019 9:07 pm

so stoked! :notworthy:

#THCIX
#amonumenttoexcess

:rock:
JasonSlc
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 11, 2019 11:17 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Radsack79
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 12, 2019 12:58 am

Ugh. These posts are as close to I've come to making an Instagram account
Deserves got nothing to do with it.
Jah
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 12, 2019 5:45 am

So stoked for this :clap:
T.H.C 5
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 8:21 am

So I know all my postings in here are making me look like a total nutcase but this new THC print has me really excited and looking back over my collection, especially of mini Horkey prints.

I can't believe this is THC number 9 already!? How many THC prints have there been?
I thought I only missed the very first or maybe second rounds?
When it comes to Horkey collecting, Im just a plebeian, not in the RO, and have yet to land an OG sketch. but I really love Aaron's smaller prints, they look fantastic when framed up and are great for small spaces of wall. So, Im trying to get my hands on as many of his smaller works as I can, and in my case that means just screen prints.

I recently made a deal with an awesome Ebeaner and acquired a "Plighting the Troth". I always thought that print was for an early round of THC that I missed but there isn't any info about it in the description here. Was PtT related to THC at all? Was it for the first or second round? Or was it just the first in the "Osprey Minutiae" series? I know the gorgeous wooden mantas came from Tapecat in 2011, the same year as PtT.

I know we were very fortunate enough to get "To Honor Chaos" for THC4.
Then we were blown away again by "The Halting Commons" (regular edition) for THC7.
Now Aaron has totally out done himself with "The Tremors Have Ceased" for THC9.
am I missing any THC prints?

there have been other small, amazing prints that im missing like "Tallow" (RO only, I think) and "Hoarfrost" (SDCC 2011 only, I think). both of those were released as parts of the "Osprey Minutiae" series. but I don't think they had anything to do with THC did they?
Other small prints that are very high on my ISO list are "The Ruse", "The Cache", and "Deadman." All non-THC prints.
I was lucky enough to snag one of the "Old Towne Ghosts" mini prints.

What other mini prints are out there from Aaron? can one of you Horkey heavy-weights help me out?
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 9:27 am

It's really happening :notworthy: HUGE thanks to TalkingDeads for opening it up a little this year. So glad I was able to participate and looking forward to continued participation.
THCIX Sky Plate (detail) Ink on Fabriano 2019

I'm not someone else.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 9:34 am

Those are the only 4 THC prints (so far) but I don't remember specifically what year PTT was for. Your assumptions about tallow and hoarfrost are correct.

The only others that come to mind are the original 2 small gocco art prints and the decemberists handbill. Then there's some things that I don't consider mini prints but are on the small side (kind of like hoarfrost). Eryops rising and eryops rose, and vast palimpsest.

Then there's a few non-screened small things that are pretty sweet like these showcards and stickers
ImageIMG_6213 by lastheathen, on Flickr

Oh there's also the Fiat Lux handbill which I think is screened but those are extremely rare and I believe were only sent out to people on Aaron's personal mailing list predating the RO (meaning I don't have one).
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 am

Looking back at the comments section for PtT, it was "released" June 2011 and all went to THC participants aside from the AP's. I assume that since the print runs a bit after the festivities it was for the first THC in 2010.
I'm not someone else.
murdock
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 pm

You guys are kidding, right...? The very first THC was just long lists of collections. No freebies, no „can anyone sell me sth for cheap“, just fans sharing their passion. Then, the following year, Tapecat surprised EVERYONE with the completely NOT ANNOUNCED Plighting print. And then the flood gates opened...
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
gordo55
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 5:07 pm

TC made all the THC1 participants custom wooden mantas and also built an awesome manta for Aaron.
THC x 7
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 pm

gordo55 wrote:TC made all the THC1 participants custom wooden mantas and also built an awesome manta for Aaron.
Custom wood manta magnets Year #1 and PtT out of the blue Year #2. Year #1 was copy & paste lists that ran deep... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
gordo55
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Little bummed at not being able to get my s--t together to participate this year...I'll be back next! Officially retired so things will be chill.
THC x 7
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 10:04 pm

I remember seeing those collections being posted the first and second years and just being absolutely floored! I knew I had found some like minded people and have made sure to participate every year since.

a lot of my work is in or on the ocean and im a Manta freak...by far my favorite animal on earth. I have three plastic ones on my car's dashboard. Ive been swimming and diving with them my whole life. they are incredible animals to see in the ocean, the utter embodiment of grace and beauty. in fact, a fantastic new guide and identification book on Mobulids (Devil and Manta rays) was recently published and id like to get a copy of it to Aaron. I think he'd dig it.

Aaron's work has always lured me in, way before I started seriously collecting it, I can remember seeing it on the bottom of those Santa Cruz skate decks in local surf shops and knowing it was something special...I didn't connect everything until I found this forum and learned about the "black ospreys!"