Wrong Path II 17 Fairey - Postcard Edition?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
rise1111
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 07, 2019 12:52 pm

I submitted an additional exhibit Postcard edition to the Path II 17 Fairey listing over a week ago, but it has not been added.
I want to list mine for sale. It usually does not take this long to show up, so I'm wondering if someone decided not to add it for some reason, but I have no way of knowing.
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/249726
The images were, however, added to the gallery.
http://expressobeans.com/visual/index.php/199998

Details:
Name: Wrong Path II 17 Fairey
Year: 2018
Class: Postcard
Artist: Fairey, Shepard
Venue: MMOMA - Moscow Museum of Modern Art
Image: See
Size: Size – 6 x 8.25”
Paper: Postcard Heavy Stock
Release Date: 2018-05-18
Event: "Force Majeure" Exhibition
Keywords: russia card Artmossphere RuArts Foundation Wunderkammern NRDC environmental
Signed: No
Numbered: No
Note:

Shepard Fairey x Moma, Moscow
"Force Majeure" Exhibition 2018
Opening: Tuesday 18th May 2018, 6.30 PM
Show dates: from 19th Septembre 2018 till 4th Novembre 2018
Location: Moscow Museum of Modern Art, Petrovka Ulitsa, 25, Moskva, Russia, 125009

Working with Moscow Museum of Modern Art (MMOMA) and curated by Wunderkammern, Shepard Fairey presents his exhibition Force Majeure, a historical overview of his career to date, showcasing the evolution of his body of work. The perennial provocateur Shepard Fairey has tackled politics, commercial messaging, subversion, and social constructs over the span of his 30-year career as a graphic designer and artist, concepts that will be on view in the exhibition, his first-ever in Russia. "Force Majeure" meaning “superior force” suggests an extraordinary event beyond control. Force majeure refers to events such as a war, riot, crime, and natural disasters such as hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, or volcanic eruptions.

This exhibition presents both exclusive new artworks, reflecting the main themes of Shepard’s career body of work including politics, environment, war and peace, but also showcases many of Fairey’s artworks reflecting the profound influence of Russian avant-garde on his style. The artist intentionally selected the French version of the term "force majeure" because French is recognized globally as the international language of diplomacy. Diplomacy is indeed needed for an exhibition by an American artist, hosted by a Russian public museum and curated by an Italian gallery with a German name. Shepard Fairey’s body of artwork speaks a universal visual language. The exhibition Force Majeure is a call to a social and political responsibility that engages with the public at large, in line (or better, obeying!) to Fairey’s public art principles. Whether in a complex political decision or our everyday environmental efforts, we shall strive to remain on the higher ground. Force Majeure becomes a call to all of us, a synthesis of the artist’s manifesto.

With the participation of the Moscow Department of Transport, the show continues outside the museum venue in the urban space. First-ever in Russia, a mural by Shepard Fairey decorates the façade of a building at 12, Mytnaya street.

CULTURAL PARTNERS
MMOMA - Moscow Museum of Modern Art
Artmossphere
RuArts Foundation

http://www.wunderkammern.net/exhibitions/forcemajeure/
https://obeygiant.com/exhibitions/force-majeure/
xangelx
Art Expert

Tue May 07, 2019 1:18 pm

I don't know that the database really need to have showcards listed? I don't think that many people collect these and even less care about tracking sales so what would be the point?

Just make a FS post for it or toss it on eBay.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 07, 2019 1:31 pm

They def do get added. Dat one duke adds em for almost every Sperry show IIRC. This def didn't need it's own thread tho. There's an entry corrections thread.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rise1111
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 07, 2019 1:43 pm

I have a number of official postcards listed in my collection by major artists, and some are collectable and very valuable due in part to their limited runs.

This is the point. On the "Submit Art" Expressobeans form the "Class" pulldown has an option for "Postcard" for a reason. And, obviously if it's on here members can contact me about it that are interested, I don't think we can assume that none of the thousands of members on here are not interested. Tracking prices on a rare Shepard Fairey item like this makes sense. The postcard is the only other official image of this artwork produced, other than the original print that's worth about $500.

Thanks for the opinion but I'm not really looking for advice. I need a reply from expressobean staff. Of course I plan to post it FS and on ebay once the details are easy to access in the expressobeans database and I can see what others have sold it for.
xangelx wrote:I don't know that the database really need to have showcards listed? I don't think that many people collect these and even less care about tracking sales so what would be the point?

Just make a FS post for it or toss it on eBay.
rise1111
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks, I've used the entry corrections thread before but I couldn't find it, looked like it was removed recently?
Codeblue wrote:They def do get added. Dat one duke adds em for almost every Sperry show IIRC. This def didn't need it's own thread tho. There's an entry corrections thread.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 07, 2019 1:46 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rise1111
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Great, thanks.