Mjohnson541991
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:19 pm

Best image in months.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 pm

cardhawks wrote:waiting on a hands comment..... :D

That's a *gulps*....HAND?? Looks more like a foot with really long toes.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Hope this means a new 24x36 series of these collages is underway and the new wave experiments are over.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:44 pm

EgoDeath wrote:Hope this means a new 24x36 series of these collages is underway and the new wave experiments are over.
#mondobey
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:52 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
EgoDeath wrote:Hope this means a new 24x36 series of these collages is underway and the new wave experiments are over.
#mondobey
it's been that for a while :hanging:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Nothing gets a Mondotard harder than 24x36” :lol:
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:Most pretentious release eva!
And ironically hypocritical... considering the inks used on the print are oil based and the paper extracted from a once majestic oxygen spewing tree. "Don't look at me" says Mr. Fairey "I'm just the messenger."

But don't let that message get lost in the details.

I love the carefully worded description about this release, considering every single aspect of Obey Giant, Studio Number One, Subliminal Projects, Obey Clothing, One 3 Two, Inc... everything Shepard is associated with is a part of the capitalist machine. The most egregious being Obey Clothing which I'm "sure" uses only the most echo-friendly 50/50 blend of cotton in their T-shirts woven alongside everyones favorite petroleum-based Polyester (yay oil!), manufactured by only the most upstanding factories in China or any other third world country they source their clothing from. Rolls eyes.

I'm a fan of the art, but the social justice warrior message gets harder to swallow when it's being pumped out by a non-stop money making machine. Shepard seriously comes across as sincere as a phony politician, especially when it comes full circle 52 weeks of the year: "tune in next week kids, and have your credit cards handy when we rinse and repeat with a new print release!"
Shepard has given exposure, resources and funding to many worthwhile organizations in the U.S. and around the world. Would you prefer that he shutter his design studio, clothing line, and gallery just so he can appease people that may find some aspects of his business hypocritical? Or move entire supply chains for his businesses to 100% match his views about oil, labor, etc.? It's not feasible in a global economy. I think he's found a good balance between being successful, using his platform effectively, while doing his best to practice what he preaches. He does more good in one day than most people do in their lifetimes. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:23 pm

I agree with most of dat, but he certainly could do more without bankrupting the operation if he really wanted to. For example, he could easily use an alternate packaging supplier besides Uline as an easy start. There are plenty of viable alternatives.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
golobulus
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:32 pm

Codeblue wrote:I agree with most of dat, but he certainly could do more without bankrupting the operation if he really wanted to. For example, he could easily use an alternate packaging supplier besides Uline as an easy start. There are plenty of viable alternatives.
You are not composting your Uline tubes?
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:37 pm

Codeblue wrote:I agree with most of dat, but he certainly could do more without bankrupting the operation if he really wanted to. For example, he could easily use an alternate packaging supplier besides Uline as an easy start. There are plenty of viable alternatives.
The owner of Uline is a conservative donor or something, right? I feel like not everything needs to be politicized. For example, I'm OK with eating Chick-fil-A fries every once in a while. It does not mean that I am anti-LGBTQ. Other Allies are uncomfortable doing so, and that's completely fine.

Similarly, I could be mistaken, but I'm sure that folks have brought the Uline thing to Shepard's attention. He could view this from a political lens and not support Uline, but it's possible that he's OK with giving this a pass, with the larger picture of getting his message/art safely to his fans. His supporters know that he most likely does not align politically with the owner of Uline.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:41 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/07/us/p ... onors.html

#tehmoaruknow

P.S. Ya can justify it however ya want, but the fact remains the same. He doesn't have to exclusively use a shipping supply company that donates 10's of millions of dollars to countering his "agenda". Comparing this to eating at chik-fil-a is super lulsy tho.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Billionaires who won't feel a thing if Shepard were to switch from Uline to a different brand, of course. Maybe it just doesn't make sense economically/logistically for Obey to switch brands of tubes, but that's just speculation on my part. I'm sure that Shepard disagrees with the Uline owners on many fundamental political issues. Using them for his business does not equate to supporting the owners' political viewpoints, of course, and Shepard's supporters know that. Ultimately comes down to the perfect vs the good thing.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Let's be real tho. 3" Ulines >> 3" Yazoos.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:51 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:Billionaires who won't feel a thing if Shepard were to switch from Uline to a different brand, of course. Maybe it just doesn't make sense economically/logistically for Obey to switch brands of tubes, but that's just speculation on my part. I'm sure that Shepard disagrees with the Uline owners on many fundamental political issues. Using them for his business does not equate to supporting the owners' political viewpoints, of course, and Shepard's supporters know that. Ultimately comes down to the perfect vs the good thing.
Luls. What a tardy way of thinking. I guarantee one of the company's regional salespeople would notice if Obey dropped them completely. And just because something is good, don't mean it can't be better. No one said fudge needed to be perfect.
Cbjornson wrote:Let's be real tho. 3" Ulines >> 3" Yazoos.
Only if ya pay up for the deluxe model. Those tubes Emek uses are even better tho. Not sure which company it is. Prolly some local jawn.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Everyone discussing Sheps political views on tubes while hes like...