ajmmck
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:33 pm

Home Alone picture frame gif please!
xangelx
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:02 pm

toobs wrote:
xangelx wrote:Have no FOMO on this, the print sucks.
until it sells for $1k eBay then ... ?
I'd be more concerned if I wanted it for my collection, which I don't, so I'll let the true assholes beg for PB's so they can flip this turd.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
bsharp
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:14 pm

ajmmck wrote:Home Alone picture frame gif please!

ajmmck
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:21 pm

:lol:
Thanks bud!
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:24 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:I could be way off base here but conflating print collectors and those who buy Obey clothing at Urban Outfitters seems like a pretty big leap :lol:

In fact I don't think I've ever seen a kid wearing Obey clothing and thought, "man, i bet he's got some sick prints!" Usually quite the opposite to be honest.

I think the demo that collects prints is very likely to understand the reference and know who JD is.
Honestly... you're pretty spot on.

I had a co-worker who wore a few different pieces of OBEY clothing into work on casual Friday so after the 3rd time he did I asked him when I ran into him in the break room and he had NO idea what OBEY was and that he was an artist who actively released art.

He said he was only wearing it because his family member bought it for him as a Christmas gift... :shock: :shock: :shock:
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 pm

xangelx wrote:
toobs wrote:
xangelx wrote:Have no FOMO on this, the print sucks.
until it sells for $1k eBay then ... ?
I'd be more concerned if I wanted it for my collection, which I don't, so I'll let the true assholes beg for PB's so they can flip this turd.
GOT'DAMN TURD FLIPPERS!!!!
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:30 pm

bsharp wrote:
ajmmck wrote:Home Alone picture frame gif please!

Luls. Fuggin classic.

P.S. What was yer alt?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:06 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
mlwells04
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Codeblue wrote:the shirt should be the print. Put some emboss on dat ish. EBers would be soiling their drawers left and right.
Yep, a letterpress of it would be awesome. That print is garbage
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:38 pm

Invader had these in hand on his instagram and didn't even want to sign em :lol:
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:46 pm

1/1 :D
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:47 pm

That website is jittery AF. It tweaks out like crazy.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:51 pm

bapaik wrote:That website is jittery AF. It tweaks out like crazy.
Kept trying to click complete order and the button didn't work. +0 :(
mlwells04
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:51 pm

bapaik wrote:That website is jittery AF. It tweaks out like crazy.
Their anti bot method seems to be to have every checkout page reload at least once
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:52 pm

dolamite24 wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:I could be way off base here but conflating print collectors and those who buy Obey clothing at Urban Outfitters seems like a pretty big leap :lol:

In fact I don't think I've ever seen a kid wearing Obey clothing and thought, "man, i bet he's got some sick prints!" Usually quite the opposite to be honest.

I think the demo that collects prints is very likely to understand the reference and know who JD is.
Honestly... you're pretty spot on.

I had a co-worker who wore a few different pieces of OBEY clothing into work on casual Friday so after the 3rd time he did I asked him when I ran into him in the break room and he had NO idea what OBEY was and that he was an artist who actively released art.

He said he was only wearing it because his family member bought it for him as a Christmas gift... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Totally agree with this - Obey clothing wearers are generally not Obey print collectors. I was referring more to Saville's Unknown Pleasures LP sleeve and the play on that in this print. Doesn't get much more iconic than that image and it is clearly referenced here.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.