USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:36 pm

i had one package incur a surcharge, saying the weight was wrong. only one i have seen so far.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:38 pm

Did ya fight it? So far I'm one for two on fighting this bs.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:02 pm

nah. it was like a $2-3 increase. i didnt care at the time.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:18 am

Could use some advice:

Sold a print for $450 on eBay. Shipped it two days later, when I dropped it off at the post office the drop box was broken and said to leave packages at the counter. I usually do go to the counter, but this is a smaller print that fits the box, so I had tried that first. Anyways, I went to the counter and left the tube on the side where they allow outgoing packages to pile up(where I generally leave all my outbound items). Next day doesn’t show as scanned. Not too out of the norm at this location as sometimes it will take a day or so. However now, it’s been 6 days and no scan from it leaving and no scan from it arriving anywhere else. I had something I had shipped out two days before this, that didn’t scan when it left, but scanned in 5 days later in Cali, which gives me hope that it’ll still show up, but 6 days is a long time to not scan. If I’m completely screwed, meaning my claim with usps is denied since there was no initial scan, any idea if eBay would refund me the cost of the sale i.e. fees, if I wind up refunding? I’ll probably have the buyer file a claim instead, because with my luck, I’d refund and then it would show up, at least with a claim it would have to be investigated and I’m assuming I couldn’t get screwed that way? Anyways just venting cause I just got laid off and this is literally my money to pay bills right now, but there’s not much I think I can do except sit and watch as I get screwed and have to pony up that $$
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:10 am

Where are you located?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:13 am

ATX
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:46 am

Which location did you use?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
xangelx
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:04 am

BenRichards wrote:Could use some advice:

Sold a print for $450 on eBay. Shipped it two days later, when I dropped it off at the post office the drop box was broken and said to leave packages at the counter. I usually do go to the counter, but this is a smaller print that fits the box, so I had tried that first. Anyways, I went to the counter and left the tube on the side where they allow outgoing packages to pile up(where I generally leave all my outbound items). Next day doesn’t show as scanned. Not too out of the norm at this location as sometimes it will take a day or so. However now, it’s been 6 days and no scan from it leaving and no scan from it arriving anywhere else. I had something I had shipped out two days before this, that didn’t scan when it left, but scanned in 5 days later in Cali, which gives me hope that it’ll still show up, but 6 days is a long time to not scan. If I’m completely screwed, meaning my claim with usps is denied since there was no initial scan, any idea if eBay would refund me the cost of the sale i.e. fees, if I wind up refunding? I’ll probably have the buyer file a claim instead, because with my luck, I’d refund and then it would show up, at least with a claim it would have to be investigated and I’m assuming I couldn’t get screwed that way? Anyways just venting cause I just got laid off and this is literally my money to pay bills right now, but there’s not much I think I can do except sit and watch as I get screwed and have to pony up that $$
I've had this happen several times at my PO in Brooklyn, the package has ALWAYS turned up. It's taken anywhere from a few days for a couple of weeks but it eventually gets scanned and delivered.

I did recently have a package I shipped to Albania not get scanned at all, not even once. But the buyer emailed me to thank me for the quick and safe delivery.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:31 pm

Try going into the usps tracking with that tracking # and seeing if it will let you request updates via text? Not sure if that's only possible after the initial scan, but maybe try it with the tracking#? It could prompt someone to have to go search for it and they might scan it finally. I sold a poster on ebay and a few weeks later the guy asked me if i had shipped it; i thought it had gone and everything was fine. I checked tracking and there was nothing after the dropoff, i did the online 'request updates' via text and all of a sudden the next day it was scanned and in transit and got there in a couple days. The request for update for some reason prompted that
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:56 pm

Sounds like a happy coincidence.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:53 pm

Thanks all! It finally scanned in 6 days later in NORTHWEST ROCHESTER NY, so hopefully it will reach it’s destination by tomorrow. :pint:
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:31 pm

BenRichards wrote:Could use some advice:

I did this for years until this exact same thing happened with a $50 baseball card. I and was beyond angry. Never again. Now I always wait in line and get a receipt every time. No exceptions.

And I assume it got delivered eventually, but as it was through eBay I still had to refund the guy. I'm sure he got the card eventually and just never owned up/returned the money. Not making that mistake again.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
aahnutz
EB Team

Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:54 am

WTF!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
davemfan
Art Expert

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:50 am

aahnutz wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:54 am
WTF!
damn, that sucks. hope anything you were expecting or sent out was insured.
ImageImageImage
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Oh Lord what was the thing?
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6