Best/Worst Movies of 2019

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:28 pm

Saw Godfather Part II on the big screen.... amazing. Also, it was cool that we were the only ones in the theater.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Pet Sematary is brilliant. Really gory and very unsettling.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:41 pm

DonPiano wrote:Pet Sematary is brilliant. Really gory and very unsettling.
Good to hear, I'm looking forward to it. Never read the book or saw the original so I'm going in to it blind.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:00 pm

I think people will be hard pressed to dislike it. It gets the right balance of drymounted up and gut churningly disturbing.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 am

Dragged across concrete is going to make a lot of people angry but Zahler delivers another deliberately paced gem. I drymounting loved it. Has some missteps in act 3 but if you enjoyed his previous films, I highly recommend giving this one a shot.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:33 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Dragged across concrete is going to make a lot of people angry but Zahler delivers another deliberately paced gem. I drymounting loved it. Has some missteps in act 3 but if you enjoyed his previous films, I highly recommend giving this one a shot.
Is it on VOD already? Or did you see in theater somewhere?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:39 am

hunterjax wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Dragged across concrete is going to make a lot of people angry but Zahler delivers another deliberately paced gem. I drymounting loved it. Has some missteps in act 3 but if you enjoyed his previous films, I highly recommend giving this one a shot.
Is it on VOD already? Or did you see in theater somewhere?
https://www.amazon.com/Dragged-Across-C ... B07PPC64Z3

Also watched Triple Threat. Big fan of Jesse V Johnson/Scott Adkins previous films and with the inclusion of Jaa/Uwais/Jai White, this was a must watch for me. It wasn't quite as good as I wanted to be and the way Ikos character was handled sucked but overall still an enjoyable flick. JVJ is the king of DTV action movies :lol:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:44 am

nice..been wanting to see this since I saw the trailer back in the fall
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:52 am

sweet, I'll get Dragged this weekend for sure.
simianfever
Art Expert

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:47 am

Dragged Across Concrete was solid. I'd put it third behind Zahler's previous two movies, but enjoyed it especially considering there really arent any "likeable" characters.

Triple Frontier did not work for me. I didnt buy the complete 180 a character essentially did during the job to setup the rest of the film. Action wise it was fine, but that one plot point annoyed me. I think that take should make sense to anyone who has seen it without spoiling anything. :pint:
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:56 am

simianfever wrote:Dragged Across Concrete was solid. I'd put it third behind Zahler's previous two movies, but enjoyed it especially considering there really arent any "likeable" characters.

Triple Frontier did not work for me. I didnt buy the complete 180 a character essentially did during the job to setup the rest of the film. Action wise it was fine, but that one plot point annoyed me. I think that take should make sense to anyone who has seen it without spoiling anything. :pint:
Agreed on Triple Frontier . . . It was enjoyable enough while I watched it, I guess, but it was full of holes and that specific turn that you're talking about was pretty terrible. Had a lot of potential to be a great flick (especially with that cast), but it mostly failed.
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 am

I actually put netflix original content on timeout for the rest of the year

drymount them for that fyrefest doc produced by fuckjerry

maybe next year I'll get around to catching up
sixstringer
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:57 am

I had a chance to see Birds of Passage last night and it was pretty drymounting great! It's very limited release but if you get the chance definitely check it out.

I give it 5/5 tubes.
ImageImageImageImageImage

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/birds_of_passage_2019
Last edited by sixstringer on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:01 pm

DUMBO was the warm, heartfelt, family movie you expect it to be coming from Disney. Dumbo himself looked fantastic on the big screen. Great CGI. This is my first of their recent live action, formerly cartoon releases. I'll check out ALADDIN and THE LION KING later this summer as well. 6.5/10
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Did they keep the trippy drunken scene?