Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
deestar
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:56 am

Chenley123 wrote:
deestar wrote:
Chenley123 wrote:Yeah, looks great
Wowza, its benn a while dude. You good?
Yes thanks mate. How are you? I pop in ever now and then but it's got very quiet around here
Yes mate. Like many i have migrated over to the fb groups.
Mainly selling these days due to an overabundance of prints but still hanging onto some nuggets.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:33 am

deestar wrote:
Chenley123 wrote:
deestar wrote:
Chenley123 wrote:Yeah, looks great
Wowza, its benn a while dude. You good?
Yes thanks mate. How are you? I pop in ever now and then but it's got very quiet around here
Yes mate. Like many i have migrated over to the fb groups.
Mainly selling these days due to an overabundance of prints but still hanging onto some nuggets.
It had been quite a while since I'd seen anything to really want to be honest. I still keep an eye out but rare I see anything I'd put up...or hoard away in the chest as is more often the case. I did sell my Horkey ROTK though. Bought a house and seemed silly to keep it with the prices people were offering...was hard to sell it, loved that print
sidaldo
Art Expert

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Traveling to the UK for 2 weeks, if anyone has something in my ISO to offer me or in general is looking to sell, PM!

Cheers.
Tuscany
New User

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi
Not English but a close neighbor. I'm originally from Dublin, now living in Italy.
Glad to have discovered this forum. I have collected a few very good quality English and Irish artists works over the years and am looking forward to seeing what other people appreciate.
deestar
Art Expert

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:27 am

Welcome.

Been a while sime i checked in here.
Hope all is well in Italy, i have family in Milan and know it was pretty bad for a while.

Which artists di you mainly collect?
Craigy235
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:05 pm

Hello everyone! I remember when I started this chat back in 2011, a lot has changed since then. Glad it has been good use for the folks in the UK and I’ll hopefully be back in a lot more frequently now following my hiatus!
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:24 pm

Before i commit to a trade with a US based member, anyone who scored a Kurtz Parasite variant today willing to trade for Ansin Star Wars foil variant?
willhowe

Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi folks, dumped a load of UK vinyl art toys here if anyone's interested;
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=184607&p=3616259#p3616259
Jimmykey87
New User

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:57 am

Hi all,

Just joined as I have a couple of pieces that I am looking to sell, just have no room in the house for them anymore!

Matt Ferguson - Pacific Rim - 33/75
Raid71 (Chris Thornley) - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (regular edition) - 33/100

Let me know if you are interested! Im based in Bedfordshire, cheers.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Where do you folks get your archival sleeves from these days for the 24x36 prints?
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm

Baroque portfolio is my choice: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/colle ... 6508268605

10% off code here: https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/pages ... r/LVTNWVKP

I used to buy separate thick 4mm Mylar sleeves from a supplier in the US but they were just a nightmare to store and very expensive. Portfolio is definitely more convenient for flat storage I find, especially if you don't have the space for a flat file like me.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Nice, cheers for the info This could work actually and I could ditch the foam packed sandwich.

Do you have any pics of yours? Is it easy to get prints in and out of the sleeves?
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:11 am

jpfondu wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm
Nice, cheers for the info This could work actually and I could ditch the foam packed sandwich.

Do you have any pics of yours? Is it easy to get prints in and out of the sleeves?
I don't have any pics but what you see is what you get on the website, the case is well made with a semi soft outer layer covering the more rigid interior material, you can buy the individual sleeves separate in packs of 10 or more i think, either as a refill for the folio to increase the maximum capacity (read the recommended capacity for the folio before going mad) or if you can't afford the folio case yet and just want the sleeves for storage you could do that too (the sleeves would still need to be stored somewhere secure since they are open at one end and aren't the most durable, think of them as giant acid free poly pockets so they are pretty flimsy without anything inside).

The sleeves are relatively light weight with a light texture on the surface, not glossy so they won't attract finger prints etc. Each one has an acid free sheet of black paper as a separator to divide the front and back so you can insert two prints per sleeve. They have a few mm extra width and height so they fit easily too.

Well worth it in my opinion. If you do go for the folio then just be wary of carrying it around by the handle too much if it's full since you risk bearing too much weight on the ring binder clips which may become defective. I keep mine stored flat and only move it to open up and remove/insert flattened prints.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:20 pm

Thanks man that is really helpful. I just ordered the full thing. Cheers :)
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:43 pm

No problem man, happy to recommend what works for me, it's a great product. Just treat it as a semi-permanent storage solution and keep it flat as much as possible and you should be set without issue.