the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:07 am

Codeblue wrote:Another show I gave a few eps and couldn't get into. Maybe I'll give it another go eventually.
Got better as it went along for sure, first few were tough to get through.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:48 am

Codeblue wrote:Another show I gave a few eps and couldn't get into. Maybe I'll give it another go eventually.
yea man def do that. It gets better.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:49 am

finneganm wrote:It’s a shame, loved that show. I thought it got better with each season, and it started out better than most. That being said, the story arc did come to a natural conclusion. I’m sure they could have continued on for a bit, but it works well as a complete story (buttoning things up nicely in the finale).
hunterjax wrote:Boo. Thought it really hit it's stride this season and enjoyed every episode.
Agreed on all points. It got better and better, and this season was top notch IMO.

I read an interview earlier with Pete that was conducted 40 minutes after the show was cancelled. He basically said that it sucked to be cancelled, but that yes with the career (and personal) upswing that the ending could have been worse. However he said they had season 4 all mapped out and outlined. Also, that a movie is a possibility (although that it would likely be a stand alone, and not a "reader's digest version of what season 4 would have been"). He also said the he actually did have a real life girlfriend who did the whole 'deaf voice' thing during a fight. That Kat character was so painful/good. Feel like we've all had that person that you brought to the party who gets drunk and obnoxious lol.

Sad to see it go. for sure
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:58 am

It's only been on 3 seasons? Feels like it's been on forever.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:58 pm

I thought it was the second season. Was surprised to see three when I was deleting it off my DVR post watching. Agree that at least it ended in a way that easily could have been the series finale.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Philpenn wrote:I thought it was the second season. Was surprised to see three when I was deleting it off my DVR post watching. Agree that at least it ended in a way that easily could have been the series finale.
I just want a Leaf spinoff series
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
RadRacing wrote:Crashing got cancelled :cry:
https://tvline.com/2019/03/08/crashing- ... es-comedy/
Boo. Thought it really hit it's stride this season and enjoyed every episode.
What the actual f this just ruined my morning. Now i have to buy myself something to feel better.

This sucks tho, I really loved this show.
I'm a huge Pete Holmes/You Made it Weird fan, and this news sucks. However, I'm not sure how well this show resonated with non-Holmes fans. The show often times felt like they were shooting around other people's schedules too much and the story/writing suffered from that. It would have been better had they focused on the core stories and didn't try to cram every working comedian in NY into it. For example, "MC, Middle, Headliner" (Season 3, Ep. 4) was one of my favorite episodes of TV ever. That episode was 95% about Pete. But the episode where Pete sits down with Kat at the bar and they randomly have Amy Schumer ripping on him at the end, what was up with that? How'd she get there? It didn't work at all.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:51 am

Black Monday is pretty solid comedy. Only 1/2 hour so it's a quick watch.
Cheadle's gold, and Paul Scheer is solid as always.
Finale airs this Sunday.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Happy! started again on SyFy* last night. If you didn't watch the first season, do yourself a favor and get on it. Meloni is a drymounting brilliant in it.

*typing SyFy always makes me think I am typing out some lol-text-speak for syphilis. <shrug>
fredo
Art God

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:42 am

hunterjax wrote:*typing SyFy always makes me think I am typing out some lol-text-speak for syphilis. <shrug>
Nice. Also reminds me of when Sly Stallone and Faye Dunaway were a power couple way back in my mind just now.
#jennifleck
just a foil for me today, thanks
RadRacing
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:59 am

Pretty stoked that Top Boy is coming back this year..
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:24 am

jjbehren wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
RadRacing wrote:Crashing got cancelled :cry:
https://tvline.com/2019/03/08/crashing- ... es-comedy/
Boo. Thought it really hit it's stride this season and enjoyed every episode.
What the actual f this just ruined my morning. Now i have to buy myself something to feel better.

This sucks tho, I really loved this show.
I'm a huge Pete Holmes/You Made it Weird fan, and this news sucks. However, I'm not sure how well this show resonated with non-Holmes fans. The show often times felt like they were shooting around other people's schedules too much and the story/writing suffered from that. It would have been better had they focused on the core stories and didn't try to cram every working comedian in NY into it. For example, "MC, Middle, Headliner" (Season 3, Ep. 4) was one of my favorite episodes of TV ever. That episode was 95% about Pete. But the episode where Pete sits down with Kat at the bar and they randomly have Amy Schumer ripping on him at the end, what was up with that? How'd she get there? It didn't work at all.
I decided to watch this after all the praise here. I had initially dismissed it since the previews made it look like another slapstick Apatow jawn, which I don't need. I wasn't particularly familiar with Holmes other than his last stand up, which I did find funny, but still couldn't get over the Apatow association. I wish I had started watching sooner. I'm up to season 2, and it's much better than I was expecting. So far, all of the other standups involved really make it outstanding. As a former Sarah Silverman show fan, I thought it was hilarious that they had Steve Agee still crashing at her place. Other standouts so far that come to mind are the dick pic bit and the sit pee.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Line of Duty - Season 5 is on. Well worth checking out if you like a good solid police show.
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... e-rolls-on

This one looks interesting:

http://collider.com/too-old-to-die-youn ... on-series/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ebyEQLYCI
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:28 am

^^Can't wait for that TOTDY. Refn X Brubaker is a no brainer. Pretty sure it's gonna be ten 90 minute eps.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:14 pm

fredo wrote:
hunterjax wrote:*typing SyFy always makes me think I am typing out some lol-text-speak for syphilis. <shrug>
Nice. Also reminds me of when Sly Stallone and Faye Dunaway were a power couple way back in my mind just now.
#jennifleck
actual-lol :cheers: