Breakfast at Tiffany's 18 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
HelloExactly
Art Expert

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 pm

biscocrack420 wrote:luls. easy pass for me
But it's only 3/4 of a back instead of the full 100%. He's evolving as an artist.
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:27 pm

stefansf wrote:posters-from-france = Dominique Besson's ebay handle (as noted above as well, just noticed)
https://www.ebay.com/usr/poster-from-fr ... 1543.l2754
fredo wrote:Curious...
France. They come from France.

Also, discount Subaru parts. Who's in?
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
fredo
Art God

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:37 pm

This movie needs to be remade as the late 90s indie flick it actually is.
just a foil for me today, thanks
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:43 pm

Is the stack thinning yet?
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:47 pm

finneganm wrote:Two people have this in their collection.

Fess up.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nawiQi1kNoI
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Dominique's clientele (for this and his swath of vintage stuff) was never intended for standard EB poors.

Bit high regardless, tho.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:56 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Dominique's clientele (for this and his swath of vintage stuff) was intended for suckers.

Bit high regardless, tho.
ftfy
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:05 pm

You're not wrong, but people that buy from him generally have tons of money and either don't collect and want a particular piece for display/decor purposes and aren't worried about price point, or they are a collector who has tons of cash and Dominique has something crazy rare they can't get otherwise.

He doesn't want or need us and/or The Mondos buying his stuff...its unnecessary.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:27 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:He doesn't want or need us
Luls. Tell that to the constant ISO thread he has here.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:30 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:You're not wrong, but people that buy from him generally have tons of money and either don't collect and want a particular piece for display/decor purposes and aren't worried about price point, or they are a collector who has tons of cash and Dominique has something crazy rare they can't get otherwise.

He doesn't want or need us and/or The Mondos buying his stuff...its unnecessary.
So why sell Mondo posters?

How can anyone who buys this not be a sucker in its purest form:
https://www.mondographics.net/en/movie- ... 6-in-44350
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:31 pm

he pulls for old mondo stuff since he is much too late in the game, pretty basic.

mostly to get one of everything for his collection or source stuff for his EU frands who have the coin and are incompetent.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:32 pm

TKuczynski wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:You're not wrong, but people that buy from him generally have tons of money and either don't collect and want a particular piece for display/decor purposes and aren't worried about price point, or they are a collector who has tons of cash and Dominique has something crazy rare they can't get otherwise.

So why sell Mondo posters?

How can anyone who buys this not be a sucker in its purest form:
https://www.mondographics.net/en/movie- ... 6-in-44350
again, hes not selling to EB. you guys dont get it.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:51 pm

I think people get it just fine. It's just that you started out with a misguided neg that instantly comes across as condescending.
wonkabars7 wrote:Dominique's clientele (for this and his swath of vintage stuff) was never intended for standard EB poors.
When in actuality it's not about being poor, but rather not being a poor consumer. Most all of the Mondo stuff he sells out of his gallery can be found on Ebay for a fraction of the price either immediately, or shortly thereafter if you just wait a second. Cool, his clientele are rich - got it. Doesn't mean they also aren't dumb consumers for not shopping for a (much) better price. I've seen from your ISO threads that you insist on not overpaying for this type of product (Mondo and what not) - does that make you a poor as well?
bert
Art Expert

Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:25 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Cool, his clientele are rich - got it. Doesn't mean they also aren't dumb consumers for not shopping for a (much) better price.
Mmmm, dumb is not really correct. They're at the level of rich where time is more important than money. i.e. it might take them an hour to look at ebay or EB price charts to figure out fair market value to save $300, but an hour of their time is worth far, far more than $300.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:26 pm

And yet they're still too poor to buy real art? Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.