Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:56 pm

jjay wrote:How're you guys doin'?
Not bad. :cheers: How are you?

This is a pretty neat idea. I thought they were patches until he posted this video

So it goes...
KSUvet
Art Expert

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 pm

I got my little Ikebana today. I was really on the fence on ordering, but it really looks incredible. I can't imagine anyone will be disappointed.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:01 am

KSUvet wrote:I got my little Ikebana today. I was really on the fence on ordering, but it really looks incredible. I can't imagine anyone will be disappointed.
These are facts. Print is incredible
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:21 pm

A few pics of Ikebana 2.5. It's a fantastic little print. The way that seed pod pops out at you really gives it a unique look in person.

I'm not someone else.
jjay
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:45 pm

mfaith wrote:
jjay wrote:How're you guys doin'?
Not bad. :cheers: How are you?

This is a pretty neat idea. I thought they were patches until he posted this video
Those are cool. I'm good man! I'm glad we got THC in before EB bit the (temporary?) big one! I hate to say I miss this place being what it was (at least for me anyway). I'll be posting up some frame-ups maybe you guys can check out.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:35 pm

Pumped I got this one.... looks fantastic from the shots. Thanks for posting. Won't be opening this one until May unfortunately.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
peacedog
Art Expert

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:44 am

Seeing our first one at the shop, considerably more depth than I expected. Really impressive.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:50 pm

janaka_stucky wrote:Here’s a closer look at the incredible artwork by @aaronhorkey for the cover of my new book, ASCEND ASCEND—rearranged for IG. For those who use Goodreads: I would be so appreciative if you added my book as “want to read” there! Apparently it helps with the Book Illuminati’s esoteric buzz worthy algorithms. If you do add it there, let me know and I’ll throw your name into the hat for some giveaways I’ve got brewing!

So it goes...
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:14 pm

:clap:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:55 pm

Whatcha makin', Ben?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
JasonSlc
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:33 pm

KSUvet wrote:Whatcha makin', Ben?

Trying to make out the text, and this might just be wishful thinking, but kinda looks like it could be a Daughters gig poster?
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:21 pm

JasonSlc wrote:
KSUvet wrote:Whatcha makin', Ben?

Trying to make out the text, and this might just be wishful thinking, but kinda looks like it could be a Daughters gig poster?
I can see now that the art is that spider piece. I can't make out the text either, but I could see it saying that. I've never heard of the band, but it looks like they have a MN show soon.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:17 pm

I think it definitely says Daughters. I bet that will be a good show.

They're on Mike Patton's label. Not for everyone but I thought their 2018 release was pretty damn good.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
punch
Art Expert

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:38 pm

Kramerica wrote:I think it definitely says Daughters. I bet that will be a good show.

They're on Mike Patton's label. Not for everyone but I thought their 2018 release was pretty damn good.
I made it about 75 seconds in... :hanging:
JasonSlc
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:14 pm

The spider piece is awesome, Daughters are awesome and the latest tease of that coppery/bronzy version from Aaron's IG story looks fuggin amazing.
Strong Dracula variant vibes. The level of depth and texture Ben and Aaron are able to achieve with a monochromatic palette is just nuts.
:drool: