Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Codeblue wrote:Did the whole board OD? Seems like none of em have even been around for the past few months.

P.S. Why doesn't the one duke who can reboot the site just schedule a daily or weekly reboot and be done with it?
duke took the money and ran.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:11 pm

finneganm wrote:Well that’s reassuring!
Happy Friday!
So it goes...
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Ponzi'd! The great EB grift of 2017!

If I got ripped off by a business legally registered as a corporation, this would be my next step: https://formsnym.ag.ny.gov/OAGOnlineSub ... OAGCFCHome
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:46 pm

I don't really see it that way. Just from what I've observed, it doesn't come across as anything nefarious; everyone involved seemed to have genuinely good intentions, at least from the EB side of things. We're where we're at today because of gross mismanagement, and more than anything neglect. Again, my personal opinion based on what I've seen. Though, as I said, I tend to err on the side of optimism, and try to expect people are generally good.
And I don't think the donated money for the site update is gone, since I believe there was some kind of contract in place. But I know next to nothing about that stuff.
So it goes...
ifonly216
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:00 pm

Seeing as to how nobody is fixing what for the most part is a broken site. How hard would it be to migrate the info to another site? I would kick in for that as im sure other members would as well. Terms and conditions in place and a board that will care and can be voted in and out. Just a thought...
" time wounds all the heals"
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:41 pm

doubled up...of course
Last edited by fredo on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just a foil for me today, thanks
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:45 pm

mfaith wrote:
bubbie wrote:
mfaith wrote:There's literally one guy who has the ability to refresh this site when it gets shitty like that, and he's less and less responsive. I've been preaching about the need to enable more people to have that ability. It's just drymounting IT 101, for Christ's sake.
So is there still just one less and less responsive guy who can jiggle the handle? It appears fudge needs to be flushed for the past couple of days.
YEP! And trust me, I've been quite vocal about how absolutely necessary it is that that changes, and needs to change fast. I've also begged them to make a statement about all of this, and to be better about communication in general. But nothing's changed! At least from where I'm sitting nobody's done anything about it. I have to say, for the first time, despite my tendency to err on the side of optimism, I'm losing confidence in this site, and the people who are in charge of running it (the board). And as one of only a couple of people who are really busting ass to keep this band-aided up ship afloat, I don't know how much more of it I can even take. It takes me a long time to get caught up after big outages like we had over the Christmas/New Year break. I barely got caught up from the last one, and here we are again. And that fudge's happening more often... *sigh*
"If you don't ever need to get caught up, then you're not ever behind and there is no stress."
- J. Edgar Hoover

Let it go until they either revamp it or refund the money. Otherwise they're enabled.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:59 pm

fredo wrote: "If you don't ever need to get caught up, then you're not ever behind and there is no stress."
- J. Edgar Hoover

Let it go until they either revamp it or refund the money. Otherwise they're enabled.
That's actually not bad advice, and something I've been thinking a lot about. While it's still semi up now, I'm at least able to keep going at a slower pace. But if it does go out again completely like it it did last month, and there haven't been measures put in place to get it back up quickly, which is the very least any of you all should expect, that might be my breaking point.
So it goes...
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:16 pm

mfaith wrote:I don't really see it that way. Just from what I've observed, it doesn't come across as anything nefarious; everyone involved seemed to have genuinely good intentions, at least from the EB side of things. We're where we're at today because of gross mismanagement, and more than anything neglect. Again, my personal opinion based on what I've seen. Though, as I said, I tend to err on the side of optimism, and try to expect people are generally good.
And I don't think the donated money for the site update is gone, since I believe there was some kind of contract in place. But I know next to nothing about that stuff.
I'm sure in the beginning it was a project with good intentions. But "gross mismanagement" and "neglect" are two major red flags of deception, along with the complete lack of transparency, communication, and results. We've seen it countless times with commissions and raffles.

The contract that should protect the money is the same contract that should ensure the project is progressing. How can you have faith in the money not being squandered based on the experience up until this point?

I'm afraid you can't see the forest for the trees...
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Do what you like, but the work doesn't mean much if nobody can access it. And what if the place implodes?

We can all make do with whatever's already here until they front up.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 pm

Jesus faithie, move the drymount on dude. Let it go. I mean, I don't want to judge but seeing all the hours you pour into this place, the time stamps on when you are adding fudge, it's really hard to imagine you have a fulfilling life with lots of family and friends and activities. Sorry, I know I'm being harsh but why the drymount would you keep adding fudge to this database? There is absolutely no reason to think this place is ever coming back. Not to mention, maybe adding fudge to the database is part of the reason the place is shitting the bed so often now. Step away man, for your own good. This place is drymounting dunzo.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:23 pm

mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 pm

Or i just don't sleep much, and become very efficient at this stuff. When it's working at least. But thank you for your lovely and supportive words.
So it goes...
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Codeblue wrote:Did the whole board OD? Seems like none of em have even been around for the past few months.

P.S. Why doesn't the one duke who can reboot the site just schedule a daily or weekly reboot and be done with it?

Maybe they have never heard of a cron job.
hax0n
Art Expert

Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:41 am

EB Servers Live Video :

electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works