The Criterion Collection

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:54 am

RottenAtom wrote:Ugh... dragged my feet on that Bergman Box Set and now I'll probably have to wait until late February to receive it. They seriously underestimated the demand for it and it's sold out in most stores. You can still get it for $150 online during the sale. Great price, just gotta be patient, I 'spose.
Happing ending! Yesterday morning, when I realized that the Houston B&Ns all sold out of the Bergman set, I started checking stores in Michigan - especially in smaller towns. Only one location had it listed and it happened to be in a town my Mom travels to for work. I called and they said they should have one left, but after 15 minutes they couldn't locate it. Ever insistent, I gave them my number and asked them to call me if it popped up. That afternoon I got a call - they found the set stashed in a cabinet and put it on hold for me. My mom happened to be working, the store happened to be right across the street, and it's now in her possession. I'm having her wrap it up and put it under the tree as a gift to myself. Can't wait to take my sweet time going through the set and checking everything out. Christmas made :D :clap:
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:59 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Ugh... dragged my feet on that Bergman Box Set and now I'll probably have to wait until late February to receive it. They seriously underestimated the demand for it and it's sold out in most stores. You can still get it for $150 online during the sale. Great price, just gotta be patient, I 'spose.
Happing ending! Yesterday morning, when I realized that the Houston B&Ns all sold out of the Bergman set, I started checking stores in Michigan - especially in smaller towns. Only one location had it listed and it happened to be in a town my Mom travels to for work. I called and they said they should have one left, but after 15 minutes they couldn't locate it. Ever insistent, I gave them my number and asked them to call me if it popped up. That afternoon I got a call - they found the set stashed in a cabinet and put it on hold for me. My mom happened to be working, the store happened to be right across the street, and it's now in her possession. I'm having her wrap it up and put it under the tree as a gift to myself. Can't wait to take my sweet time going through the set and checking everything out. Christmas made :D :clap:
Awesome RA. Glad it worked out for you! :clap:
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:08 pm

I've got mine making its way down under, and I'm really terrified of what condition it's going to be in when it arrives. Barnes & Noble don't have the best track record with their packages arriving in Aus in good condition.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:24 am

Nice score RA, I hope we'll see a clip of you acting surprised opening your gift (I want some tears too!)
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks guys :pint:

I hadn't had that "post-drop success" feeling in awhile. Felt like I had bagged a Stout or something.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:22 pm

If you don't have the Zatoichi set and don't mind having a UK set, well... this is a superb price.

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07GNRVVSL/ref ... 51_TE_item
The Curb

DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

A stellar month. Can't wait for My Brilliant Career.

Also, those Police Story covers:

ImageImage
The Curb

iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Yep, stellar month. Haven’t seen A Face in the Crowd in probably 20 years, definitely picking it up.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:52 pm

just watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and was pretty blown away by it. might have to pick it up
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:05 pm

Great month!

I often recommend Nightcrawler, Ace in the Hole, and Network as a solid "media fudge show" triple feature. On more than one occasion the person I was chatting with chimed in with "ooh and A Face in the Crowd." Never seen it. Looking forward to checking it out.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:29 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Great month!

I often recommend Nightcrawler, Ace in the Hole, and Network as a solid "media fudge show" triple feature. On more than one occasion the person I was chatting with chimed in with "ooh and A Face in the Crowd." Never seen it. Looking forward to checking it out.
Same. I'm keen to catch A Face in the Crowd given how good Ace in the Hole is.
The Curb

FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:59 pm

Alamo in Brooklyn is screening the Police Story restorations, will have to make a trip out!
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:21 pm

I saw A Face in the Crowd maybe two years ago and dug it. So good. I never thought I could hate Andy Griffith until that movie.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:25 pm

Just got the e-mail about the Criterion Channel. It'll begin on April 8, with a free 30-day trial. Signed up for the year to save 25% or almost $30.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:27 pm

Just got the e-mail about the Criterion Channel. It'll begin on April 8, with a free 30-day trial. Signed up for the year to save 25% or almost $30.