Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:01 pm

I'm not usually a "this" guy ... but yeah, every bit of this right here ...
mfaith wrote:Well that's only part of the problem, and something the site board has less control over. What they DO have control over, and why I feel they're as much or more at fault here now than anyone, is that they should have taken steps long ago to install more people to be able to act as backups, when main IT dude stopped being as helpful. It's come up time and time again, and I've been preaching to them about it for months now, and nobody's done anything. It's gone past the point of "well this isn't our day job" at this point. Because there're more than enough people, myself included, that would be more than happy to help in that capacity. It's just a matter of taking the steps to bring more people into the fold. I've put so much of my heart and soul into this place, and to see it crumbling around me is just so disheartening, frustrating, depressing, etc. and nobody's doing anything about it. :cry:
Plain and simple, the board needs to step up. Hate to call them out as they are really cool people and I know they are busy, but dammit ... do something. Make a drymounting plan and see it through, or insert people that will.

mfaith, thanks for all you do.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:16 pm

pewter14 wrote: Plain and simple, the board needs to step up. Hate to call them out as they are really cool people and I know they are busy, but dammit ... do something. Make a drymounting plan and see it through, or insert people that will.

mfaith, thanks for all you do.
All of this :!: (But said alot more greasily with creative profanities and furious anger.)

GET YOUR fudge TOGETHER, PEOPLE. YOU'RE INCOMPETENCE IS ANNOYING.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:17 pm

"this isn't our day job" :roll: Well make it someones then. Project management is not rocket science. Put some of that eBay money to work if all the donations ran out already.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Yup. The "we are just volunteers" line just doesn't ring true once you ask for and COLLECT thousands of dollars.

Yamar, and all, we truly appreciate all you've done over the years but it's time for a shift in how this place is run. There is also money to be made here if the right people are put in charge and get things corrected. Like, potentially lots of money, and this could literally become someone's dayjob. Let's get it done! Step down, pass the reins, do what you need to do because you are no longer an effective leader here. Some damage has already been done with members leaving and new members (the future of the site) not being able to join or add art or do anything. Please ACT. I'm sure it's a black cloud in your life as well, time to move on.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
sjd3232
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:40 pm

I know for a fact Collectionzz has created a free database and price guide for posters and art but haven’t announced or released it yet. I know it’s only a matter of days until it is announced. There’s a prototype page of an database item page with price chart that’s been making the rounds and it’s incredible. I think the ebeans problem has been finally solved for good. Once they announce it officially I’ll post it here.
haven
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm

So is there actually a firm or a person working on a new site?
bert
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Codeblue wrote:The pathetic thing is that EB is still better than those abominations of a site.
Yep, agree completely
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:57 pm

What person/business was contracted to do the migration and upgrade?

Website for Business, agreement for the work?

Seems like 40K just kinda disappeared. Bad Business or something else. #justfeelingscammy
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Yup. The "we are just volunteers" line just doesn't ring true once you ask for and COLLECT thousands of dollars.

Yamar, and all, we truly appreciate all you've done over the years but it's time for a shift in how this place is run. There is also money to be made here if the right people are put in charge and get things corrected. Like, potentially lots of money, and this could literally become someone's dayjob. Let's get it done! Step down, pass the reins, do what you need to do because you are no longer an effective leader here. Some damage has already been done with members leaving and new members (the future of the site) not being able to join or add art or do anything. Please ACT. I'm sure it's a black cloud in your life as well, time to move on.
It doesn't even need anything that extreme. All that needs to happen is bring more people into the fold where there's need. Add people to the board who are more active if the current members can't dedicate the time. Create redundancies in some of the roles, ESPECIALLY the role of fixing the site when it goes south. Having one person in that role is absolutely insane even if he were 100% dependable. And when he stopped becoming dependable, to not step up and arrange for people to act as backup is simply negligent. First couple times...ok, but it just keeps happening and nothing changes. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. It's sisyphean.
But no, it doesn't need a complete restructuring to get things on the good foot again. Just bring some more people in. Then once measures are in place to keep the current site stable, focus on new site dev. This isn't that hard. Just needs people willing to actually do what needs done.
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Who exactly is the "board" these days? Yamar, dougr, and who else?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
haven
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Electrachrome, I believe.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 pm

What the fug happened to 1nkling? Is he the one duke who can reboot the site or is it that bigdz guy?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:17 pm

1nkling's around. Just probably busy with his family. I'm not sure if negligent IT duke has an account here. Or if he does, I don't think it's an elevated member.
As far as the board members, I honestly don't even know myself who is on there, other than Yamar. I'm always just told "the board" this, "the board" that. I'm sure they have the best of intentions, but it's beyond the point where good intentions mean much. Action is needed, and has been needed for some time.
So it goes...
fredo
Art God

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Word up Ebeanzz?
just a foil for me today, thanks
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:28 pm

fredo wrote:Word up Ebeanzz?
see you in the Chargers thread. :lol:
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines