Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:29 am

Man, what a fudge show. :hanging: I am so frustrated right now.
So, for the people who asked why none of the admins/mods replied while the site was out: when the site gets this way, none of the "EB Team" users are even able to log in to the discussion forum part of the site. We just get an error. So even if there was anything to say, we're not even able to do it. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed about all of this. There's literally one guy who has the ability to refresh this site when it gets shitty like that, and he's less and less responsive. I've been preaching about the need to enable more people to have that ability. It's just drymounting IT 101, for Christ's sake. But anytime this happens, as soon as the site comes back up, those talks just completely die, and we're back to square one again the next time it turns to fudge. If the new site development is going to continue to drag on like this, the least the site board can do is set up a better solution for righting the ship when this stuff happens. Anything less than that is disrespecting of all the users who contributed, and all the people who spend countless hours laboring over making this place the best it can be.
Disclaimer: this is my opinion and not some statement from the site. I'm just pissed. :evil:
So it goes...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Who is that person??? For the record... drymount THEM. Piece of fudge needs to take care of business.. Incompetent drymount shouldn't have offered to help in the first place. #MeltOver #SeriouslyFuckThem
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Well that's only part of the problem, and something the site board has less control over. What they DO have control over, and why I feel they're as much or more at fault here now than anyone, is that they should have taken steps long ago to install more people to be able to act as backups, when main IT dude stopped being as helpful. It's come up time and time again, and I've been preaching to them about it for months now, and nobody's done anything. It's gone past the point of "well this isn't our day job" at this point. Because there're more than enough people, myself included, that would be more than happy to help in that capacity. It's just a matter of taking the steps to bring more people into the fold. I've put so much of my heart and soul into this place, and to see it crumbling around me is just so disheartening, frustrating, depressing, etc. and nobody's doing anything about it. :cry:
So it goes...
veltri
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:09 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Who is that person??? For the record... drymount THEM. Piece of fudge needs to take care of business.. Incompetent drymount shouldn't have offered to help in the first place. #MeltOver #SeriouslyFuckThem
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:10 pm

"EB, what the drymount happened to you man? You're ass used to be beautiful."
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:26 pm

just please make sure the Price Histories are all saved when this site goes belly-up for good.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 pm

RottenAtom wrote:"EB, what the drymount happened to you man? You're ass used to be beautiful."
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
doppelgangbanger
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:32 pm

someone on ebay told me that http://collectionzz.com/ is the new place for tracking print sales and connecting with fellow collectorzz. Maybe the admins staff on that site will respect your efforts mfaith? I bet they would appreciate all your donated time. Full disclosure: I'm not affiliated with that site in any way.
bert
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 pm

Maybe we should have given the 30k to Mr Faith to transfer the database to https://www.posterogs.com manually. The dude could prob get it done in a couple of weeks.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:45 pm

The pathetic thing is that EB is still better than those abominations of a site.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Ok. So what is the solution ? I can tell you this: I work in an industry where I can easily find anither position in another company, with that said: I can leave my job with due notice and devote a full time schedule to transfer all info to another site.I'm dead serious. This would require I get paid by the members. Think about it, let it brew, get back to me.
Cheers
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Codeblue will you be LULs ing when we lose all data?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Not really.
doppelgangbanger
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Where's 87Marx when you need him, amirite?

https://www.posterogs.com/forum/49788-k ... d-accurate