wizdom
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm back. WHAT HAPPENED HERE!?
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:26 am

Looks like EB is mostly back now.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
fredo
Art God

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Back where?
just a foil for me today, thanks
al4591
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm

the original format of the site is back! we're no longer living in the 90s. let's see how long this lasts.
mike123230
Art Expert

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:13 pm

al4591 wrote:the original format of the site is back! we're no longer living in the 90s. let's see how long this lasts.
IggyD
Art Expert

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Damn.. what the hell did I miss.. code at the top looks like a programmer has the end line of the main page pointing to a file the does not exist causing APOP
fredo
Art God

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:41 pm

#abouttreefitty
just a foil for me today, thanks
SPAC04
Art Expert

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 am

I'm still in the dark ages. Sure more money, but I wont donate till my hot today updates, the forums aesthetic isn't old timey...etc
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 am

yeah, still looks like Tel-net to me . . . never thought I'd say I want the shitty brown and tan motif back.
soupysound
EB Team

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:58 am

site format works for me if i refresh the link a couple times.

while i realize this may open a can of worms and go down a rabbit hole.... does anyone have any idea WHY the site has started to fail? has the database grown too large? i'm not a tech guy so dunno.

it seems over the past couple of years... there has been a TON of art added for unknown artists and original works that serve no real purpose for users. while i appreciate the intent to upload every piece of art.... is it really necessary? seems as though it should be user driven uploads and not just any and all piece of art that exists in the world.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 am

^^ THIS! I've been wondering this myself! Why are they STILL adding so much art/new artists when this site is barely hanging on? Just stop and work on the site, maybe take up some of the offers of help on here..

but what the hell do I know.
dodgers77
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 am

Finally EB functioning proper for 2019 ! At least I could see my collection !! :quack:
squalie
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 am

Site should limp by till summer phish tour, possible hiccup during Trey tour.
treweman
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 am

Good to be back, if only for a while.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:43 am

hunterjax wrote:never thought I'd say I want the shitty brown and tan motif back.
Lol. I actually like it. Nice and simple or whatever. Can upload images, link videos and instagram, etc. Best of all no "@" and "#" and the like. For example, no "@hunterjax, great/lame/etc. post" and you see it in your "notifications" that user such and such replied to your post or liked your post or your post is now trending or whatever the drymount. drymount that fudge.

Not really sure what people wanted to change. All I hear is many want the comments back in the for sale section. Give people what they want? I believe that was before me, so not sure what that was like (I have a pretty good idea though and clearly see why it was disabled).

$40,000 or whatever it was could make this site run without going back to the 90's mode and then completely off line for a long, and I mean loooong, time. Just keep it up to date with reality, for the lack of a better word, like an ability to embed a youtube video in your post, etc. Most forums lack that. I personally don't care for clicking the link and going to some instagram account or youtube to watch some video unless i am really interested in the subject.

I like this site and the community, in spite of the fact that I will never look at the word "fudge" (not s h i t, but fudge) as I did pre-EB. I enjoy the luls. I enjoy the fact that Gorkie thinks everyone who does not agree with him is a drymounting imbecile. I enjoy the "Luls" and "TGT" and "Duh" along with the other fudge that you can only find here at EB. I even like (#notreally) the annoying as drymount pun game a few members that will probably never leave play more often than they should. I liked the banned crew with their random anger and other mostly funny fudge. I like the alt guessing game. And many other things. In between of all of the above, I like that there is some art discussion, some deep, some just a comment. I like seeing new art, artist I have never heard of and would probably never hear about otherwise (treweman is especially good in this category and I am glad he is still around).

I am not sure I agree with the "some/all unknown artists added to the database while they shouldn't be" comment(s). Some are unknown to most, but familiar to some and yet new to many or something like that.

Anyway, long story short, I have had a "couple" of beers and going to watch a movie now.