America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 12700
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:11 am

Gallup: The Obamas are America's most admired man and woman

https://www.axios.com/barack-michelle-o ... f088d.html

Image
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 12700
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:45 pm

misterx wrote:CNN scrapes the barrel yet again with it’s Trump Derangement Syndrome ala gorkie.

Journalistic integrity be damned.
I know, right?

Can't believe they are not reporting on the REAL news issues that are so important today like...

-All of the political foes that the Clintons have had murdered.
-How the Kremlin was in no way involved in aggressively working to influence the 2016 election.
-How Seth Rich was murdered by the bloodthirsty DNC.
-How Russia was in no was complicit in the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 downing.
-All of the children that are being preyed upon sexually at Comet Pizza.
-How all of the people killed in chemical attacks in Syria are actual actors and nobody was actually really killed.
-How Killary and the Clinton Foundation got rich off of donations from Uranium One.
-SO MANY other stories I could list that have been presented by the mentally ill and desperately ignorant factions of "humanity".


I mean, c'mon CNN. What's wrong with you???

You have all been lied to every day of your entire lives!!!
(Spoken in the voice of a raving lunatic)

Ms. Hex-Wishing you a much more lucid and psychologically stable existence in 2019 and beyond.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 12700
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:25 pm

Must watch...

https://youtu.be/ZOcfIfrTOnU
Second part...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watc ... 9575875862
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 6477
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:58 pm

Gorkie, I get that your patriotism knows no bounds, but your repeated Paranoia re. Russia and Donald is a little worrying.
Why?
Because another country has infiltrated the US and literally managed to take over your congress in plain sight, yet you have ignored this clear and present danger....not a peep about it !??

It's manipulating your laws to suit its own agenda, your soldiers are dying fighting in wars that clearly are being fought for this countries benefit. With your tax dollars.

Imagine if nearly 90% of your Congress were dual Russian citizens?

Would you regard this as unacceptable and a clear tell that Russia had stolen Congress?

This is your congress today. Except it's not Russia who stole fudge, it's Israel.

"Traditionally when each new congress is gaveled into session, the chambers attach symbolic importance to the first piece of legislation to be considered. For that reason, it bears the lofty designation of H.R.1 in the House, and S.1 in the congress...

But in the 2019 GOP-controlled Senate, the first bill to be considered – S.1 – is not designed to protect American workers, bolster U.S. companies, or address the various debates over border security and immigration. It’s not a bill to open the government. Instead, according to multiple sources involved in the legislative process, S.1 will be a compendium containing a handful of foreign-policy related measures, a main one of which is a provision, with Florida’s GOP Sen. Marco Rubio as a lead sponsor, to defend the Israeli government.

The bill is a top legislative priority...
In the previous Congress, that measure was known as S.170 and it gives state and local governments explicit legal authority to boycott any U.S. companies which themselves are participating in a boycott against Israel. As the Intercept reported last month, 26 states now have enacted some version of a law to punish or otherwise sanction entities which participate in or support the boycott of Israel, while similar lawss are pending in at least 13 additional states. Rubio’s bill is designed to strengthen the legal basis to defend those Israel-protecting laws from constitutional challenge....."

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/05/u-s ... -boycotts/

It's difficult to believe how serious you are about another country allegedly ( still waiting, Remember, 2 years later...) stealing*cough* your election from HRC and your umbrage, when you completely ignore, as does your media, which we see you are in lockstep with, the massive elephant in the room.

Maybe you be banging the wrong drum?
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 25685
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:09 pm

.ru
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 15726
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Let’s talk about Chechnya.
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
mtarail
Art Expert
Posts: 3236
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 am
Location: AZ

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:14 am

This post was made by misterx who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Image
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 12700
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:10 am

The For The People Act

https://democracyreform-sarbanes.house. ... _FINAL.pdf

Now compare that to the first bill the Republican controlled House put forward...

Image
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 12700
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:45 am

Putin's mole is now telling his lies for him.

WSJ editorial shreds Trump's Afghanistan claims

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... ms-1080850
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9926
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Hey look, more antisemitic bullchit from X. And no response to Gorkie other than more asinine babble about nothing factual. Father of the Year, I tell ya!
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
Image THC X 8
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 6477
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:59 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Hey look, more antisemitic bullchit from X. And no response to Gorkie other than more asinine babble about nothing factual. Father of Year, I tell ya!
Ive noticed a trend in America.

A disinterest in the facts.

Trump ignores facts and makes his own up.

I see its citizens are doing the same...



This is illustrated perfectly in the previous few posts.

As for mountain throwing the anti semitism card around?

A classic example of the dumb trick his govt is using on himself to silence criticism of Israel.

Congratulations Sir. You’ve shown how simple you are to manipulate.

EVERYBODY ?? No more dissing Israel. Comountain said so.

DOH !
Last edited by misterx on Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 12700
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:37 pm

misterx wrote:I ignore facts and make my own shite up and tout it as truth because I find it impossible to differentiate between reality and the make believe world I've made up in my head.

Because it brings me comfort.

And because spewing the untruth and disseminating fake news are what I live for most.
Last edited by gorkie on Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 6477
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Brutal...

Each year Foreign Policy In Focus columnist Conn Hallinan gives awards to individuals, companies, and governments that make reading the news a daily adventure. Here are the awards for 2018...
Aimed at the book reading crowd, not the audiobook folk.

Its got words.

The Golden Sprocket Wrench Award goes to Lockheed Martin, the world’s largest arms manufacturer, for its F-22 Raptor Stealth fighter, a fifth-generation interceptor said to be the best in the world.
That is when it works, which isn’t often.
When Hurricane Michael swept through Florida this fall, 17 Raptors — $339 million apiece — were destroyed or badly damaged. How come the Air Force didn’t fly those F-22s out of harm’s way? Because the Raptor is a “hanger queen”— it loves the machine shop. Less than 50 percent of the F-22 fleet is functional at any given moment. The planes couldn’t fly, so they got trashed at a cost to taxpayers of around $5 billion.
Lockheed Martin also gets an Oak Leaf Cluster for its F-35 Lightning II fighter, at $1.5 trillion the most expensive weapon system in U.S. history. Some 200 F-35s aren’t considered “combat capable,” and may never be, because the Pentagon would rather buy new planes than fix the ones it has. That may cost taxpayers $40 billion.
The F-22s and F-35s also have problems with their oxygen systems, but no one can figure out why.
However, both planes did get into combat. According to Vice Admiral Scott Stearney, the F-35 achieved “tactical supremacy” over the Taliban (which doesn’t have an air force). The F-22, the most sophisticated stealth fighter in the world, took on Afghan drug dealers.
As for Lockheed Martin, the company was just awarded an extra $7 billion for F-22 “sustainment.”
The Golden Parenting Award goes to the U.S. State Department, for trying to water down a resolution by the UN’s World Health Assembly encouraging breastfeeding over infant formula.
A Lancet study found that universal breastfeeding would prevent 800,000 infant deaths a year, decrease ear infections by 50 percent, and reduce gastrointestinal disease by 64 percent. It lowers the risk for Type 1 diabetes, two kinds of leukemia, sudden infant death syndrome, and asthma. It also makes for healthier mothers.
In contrast, infant formula — a $70 billion industry dominated by a few American and European companies — is expensive and not nearly as healthy for children as breast milk.
When Ecuador tried to introduce the breastfeeding resolution, the U.S. threatened it with aid cuts and trade barriers. Several other Latin American countries were also threatened and quickly withdrew their names from a list of endorsers. Finally, Russia stepped in and introduced the resolution.
The measure finally passed, but the U.S. successfully lobbied to remove language urging the World Health Organization to challenge “inappropriate promotion of foods for infants and young children.”
The Golden Cuisine Award goes to Ron Colburn, president of the U.S. Border Patrol Foundation, who told Fox & Friends that the tear gas used on migrants at the U.S. border was not harmful, because pepper spray was such a “natural” product that “you could actually put on your nachos and eat it.”
The Marie Antoinette Award has two winners this year:
* Nikki Haley, retiring U.S. ambassador to the UN, who blasted Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt) for supporting the UN’s special rapporteur report on poverty in the United States, who found that tens of millions of Americans suffer “massive levels of deprivation.” In a letter to Sanders, Haley said it was “patently ridiculous” for the UN to even look at poverty in the United States, because it is “the wealthiest and freest country in the world.”
In a response, Sanders pointed out that while this country is indeed the wealthiest in the world, it is also one of the most unequal. “Some 40 million people still live in poverty, more than 30 million have no health insurance, over half of older workers have no retirement savings, 140 million Americans are struggling to pay for basic living expenses, 40 percent of Americans cannot afford a $400 emergency, and millions of Americans are leaving school deeply in debt.”
* U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin, who expressed surprise that the people attending the World Economic Forum in the resort town of Davos, Switzerland were considered elite. “I didn’t realize it was the global elite.”
Basic membership in the forum costs more than $70,000, and getting to the event by helicopter or car is expensive, as are accommodations. There also numerous glittering parties hosted by celebrities like Bono and Leonardo DiCaprio. (But those parties can have a sharp edge: one had attendees crawl on their hands and knees to feel what’s like to flee an army.)
The Golden Matthew 19:14 Award (“Suffer the little children”) goes to Danish Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen for threatening to seize the children of poor people if parents commit crimes or fail to teach children “Danish values.”
The Danish parliament has designated 25 “ghetto” areas — Denmark’s term — which Muslim immigrants are crowded into. Families living in “ghettos” must send their children — starting at age 1 — to schools for 25 hours a week, where they’re taught about Christmas, Easter, and the Danish language. Failure to do so can result in a welfare cutoff.
Proposals are also being considered to double prison sentences for anyone from a “ghetto” convicted of a crime, and a four year prison sentence for parents who send their children back to their home countries to learn about their cultures.
The neo-fascist People’s Party, part of the governing coalition, also proposed forcing all “ghetto” children to wear electronic ankle bracelets and be confined to their homes after 8 PM. The measure was tabled.
Runners up are:
* The British Home Office, which, according to a report by the House of Lords, is using children for undercover operations against drug dealers, terrorists, and criminal gangs. “We are concerned that enabling a young person to participate in covert activity for an extended period of time may expose them to increased risk in their mental and physical welfare,” the Lord’s report concluded.
* The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for placing Dr. Ruth Etzel, head of Children’s Health Protection, on administrative leave and derailing programs aimed at reducing children’s exposure to lead, pesticides, mercury, and smog. Etzel was pressing to tighten up regulations because children are more sensitive to pollutants than adults. A leader in children’s environmental health for more than 30 years, Etzel was asked for her badge, cell phone, and keys and put on administrative leave.
The Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Straight Award goes to arms maker Raytheon (with a tip of the hat to contributors Northup Grumman and Lockheed Martin) for its Patriot anti-missile that has downed exactly one missile in 28 years of use (and that was a clunky old Scud).
An analysis of the missile interceptor system by Jeffrey Lewis of the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in Monterey, California, concluded that Patriot is “a lemon.” Writing in Foreign Policy, Lewis says, “I am deeply skeptical that Patriot has ever intercepted a long-range ballistic missile in combat.”
But it sure sells well. Saudi Arabia forked over $5.4 billion for Patriots in 2015, Romania $4 billion in 2017, Poland $4.5 billion in 2018, and Turkey $3.5 billion this year.
The Golden “Say What?” Award has three winners:
*The U.S. Department of Defense for cutting a deal in the Yemen civil war to allow al-Qaeda members — the organization that brought us the September 11 attacks — to join with the Saudis and United Arab Emirates (UAE) in their fight against the Houthis.
According to Associated Press, while the Saudis claim that their forces are driving al-Qaeda out of cities, in fact, the terrorist organization’s members were allowed to leave with their weapons and looted cash.
U.S. drones gave them free passage. Why, you may ask? Because the Saudi coalition says the Houthis are supported by Iran.
* Saudi Arabia and the UAE for bankrolling a series of racist and Islamophobic attacks on newly elected Muslim Congress members Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota) and Rashid Tlaib (D-Michigan) because the Gulf monarchies accuse both of being members of the Muslim Brotherhood. Neither is, but both are critical of the absolute monarchs of the Persian Gulf and are opposed to the Saudi-instigated war in Yemen.
* Israel, for selling weapons to the racist and anti-Semitic Azov Battalion in the Ukraine. On its YouTube channel, members of the militia showed off Israeli Tavor rifles, the primary weapon of the Israeli Special Forces. The Tavor is produced under license by the Israel Weapons Industries. The unit’s commander and Ukraine’s Interior Minister, Arsen Avakov, met with Israel’s Interior Minister Aryeh Deri last year to discuss “fruitful cooperation.”
Azov’s founder, Anriy Biletsky, now a Ukrainian parliament member, says his mission is “to restore the honor of the white race,” and lead “a crusade against the Semite-led untermenschen.”
The Blue Meanie Award goes to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for blocking medical supplies to North Korea. Drugs to fight malaria and tuberculosis have been held up, as have surgical equipment and soy milk for child care centers and orphanages.
According to the UN, sanctions “are not intended to have adverse humanitarian consequences for the civilian population” of North Korea. The U.S. position has come in for criticism by Sweden, France, Britain, Canada, and the International Red Cross.
The Little Bo Peep Award goes to the Pentagon for its recent audit indicating that some $21 trillion (yes, that is a “t”) is unaccounted for. Sharing this honor is the U.S. Air Force for losing a box of grenades, which apparently fell off a Humvee in North Dakota. The Air Forces says the weapons won’t go off without a special launcher. Right. What can possibly go wrong with grenades?
In Memory of Dr. Victor Sidel, a founding member of the Physicians for Social Responsibility and the Nobel Prize winning International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War. Sidel, along with Dr. Barry S. Levy, wrote several important books, including War and Public Health, and Social Justice and Public Health. In 1986 he was arrested, along with astronomer Carl Sagan, at the Mercury, Nevada nuclear test site. He once said, “The cost of one-half day of world arms spending could pay for the full immunization of all the children of the world against the common infectious diseases.”
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9926
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Hey guys. X said that Jewish people are evil so let's spin a bunch of fake facts from the fringe and blame Israel for all of the woes of the modern world. He's bullet proof when it comes to brainwashing and he never spins anything close to propaganda, so let's get on board with the Putin shill. The guy who hails from a petri dish. Fap. Fap.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
Image THC X 8
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9926
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Oh, and I forgot to ask. When you say goodnight to your it, do you tell him/her/it a bunch of hateful, fake spin like here on EB or do you keep it real and just tell em 'Down with the Evil Imperial US Empire' while fapping off to the Elders of Zion and Henry Ford's bio?
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
Image THC X 8
Post Reply