Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:54 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
partpat wrote:Def not mondo jr that’s just silly af. Like it or not bottleneck has helped organize and simplify all your favorite gig poster artists lives in the last few years it seems. Their store platform does all the sales and the artists get more exposure etc.

I miss the days of page monitoring Jim’s store to for these but things change. Sure seems Jim , Aj and welker have a lot more time to art and spend less time dealing with all this bs.
You're right, Mondo doesn't do these BS 1/70 chance lotteries where the real winners are those with a ton of friends and fam who help enter for them.
So when ya inevitably whiff on a straight drop what would ya say?
Bot not good enough? :P
applehead
Art Expert

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Hey Joe, can you post in here when the emails have gone out? With only a 15 minute checkout period, none of us want to miss that elusive "you've been selected" email.

Thank you!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:59 pm

applehead wrote:Hey Joe, can you post in here when the emails have gone out? With only a 15 minute checkout period, none of us want to miss that elusive "you've been selected" email.

Thank you!
Give them a follow on twitter, they post updates about when the emails are going out.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
BadJustin
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:00 pm

applehead wrote:Hey Joe, can you post in here when the emails have gone out? With only a 15 minute checkout period, none of us want to miss that elusive "you've been selected" email.

Thank you!

Per the Twitter, they are all out
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:00 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
partpat wrote:Def not mondo jr that’s just silly af. Like it or not bottleneck has helped organize and simplify all your favorite gig poster artists lives in the last few years it seems. Their store platform does all the sales and the artists get more exposure etc.

I miss the days of page monitoring Jim’s store to for these but things change. Sure seems Jim , Aj and welker have a lot more time to art and spend less time dealing with all this bs.
You're right, Mondo doesn't do these BS 1/70 chance lotteries where the real winners are those with a ton of friends and fam who help enter for them.
Seriously have been sitting here for the last hour and a half picking winners. I would say 3/4 of the winners have never purchased from us before.

All emails have went out and all have been purchased
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:03 pm

acidburn wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
Seriously have been sitting here for the last hour and a half picking winners. I would say 3/4 of the winners have never purchased from us before.

I rest my case... 8)
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Not really? We rarely do these lotteries and when we do its 1/4 of the entries we received for this today. This one obviously was more high profiled amongst the Phish scene and yea of course if they got friends and family to enter thats fine. As long as it isn't a duplicate of themselves, its a fair entry.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Phish posters are like subway trains, they come along every few minutes it seems.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Hey joe, i will pick mine up when i come to the city. There is a band i have heard good things about playing in the attic of penn station. Thanks

PS iso
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 pm

acidburn wrote:

SOUNDS LIKE YOU’RE PICKING THE WRONG PEOPLE.

Ps as long as stuckey didn’t hit, I’m happy
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:15 pm

I rest my case... 8)[/quote]

What that you feel entitled to a print because you love the band and you didn't get picked and someone else did, don't worry next week or month there will be another must have Phish poster, and you will have the same complaints about that drop/lottery too.
jkw3000
EB Team

rikkirattoe wrote:the real winners are those with a ton of friends and fam
They really are, when you think about it.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
acidburn
Art Daddy

RambosRemodeler wrote:
acidburn wrote:

SOUNDS LIKE YOU’RE PICKING THE WRONG PEOPLE.

Ps as long as stuckey didn’t hit, I’m happy
loll so i shouldn't have picked the ebay@postersgalore.com winner?
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:18 pm

acidburn wrote:Not really? We rarely do these lotteries and when we do its 1/4 of the entries we received for this today. This one obviously was more high profiled amongst the Phish scene and yea of course if they got friends and family to enter thats fine. As long as it isn't a duplicate of themselves, its a fair entry.
Not really, a lot of Phish fans fudge on Hampton because of the over bearing police presence there, hotels have cracked down on the parties and it's located in a ghetto. Probably the reason why they chose Hampton to do the Pollock was because they knew there would be tickets in the tree that weekend. It did end up being a great run though.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:21 pm

BNG thread really hitting it out of the park these last few days with the whining, complaining, and entitlement.

It really is the new Mondo. :lol: :lol: :wink: