Hush

General art-related discussion.
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:19 pm

I was referring to the (very) high price tag that should come with it and shitty after sale customer service if anything goes wrong with your order, but yup, their lithos really are top notch quality wise, as they should, considering the price tag they command.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:42 pm

tranito wrote:I was referring to the (very) high price tag that should come with it and shitty after sale customer service if anything goes wrong with your order, but yup, their lithos really are top notch quality wise, as they should, considering the price tag they command.
I don't like the sound of that, and I don't see how a litho can be anywhere near the screen prints with the texture and all.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
tranito
Art Expert

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:13 pm

It was nightmareish. No kidding.
As far as quality goes, don't mistake them for the cheap inkjet lithos. It's the high end press lithos (marinoni?) stuff.
I'm no expert, but I hear the connoisseurs swear by it over screenprinting for the finesse of the details and texture it can render.
My Zach Splash and Burn (not a PTA release though a press litho) might be my favorite print I own. And I love my screenprints too.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:00 am

+1 easy Xmas present for myself.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
Ilja
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:35 pm

mrkyuss wrote:+1 easy Xmas present for myself.
What edition are you going for??

I'm gonna pick up a std.ed.
The gold would work great with the rest of his gold leaf editions, but the price is just to steep for me unfortunately :cry:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:38 pm

Ryden and Hush? the Mrs. is gonna kill ya.

P.S. Silver > gold, but it's bonkers how much more they're charging for the HF this time, especially considering there's 2 of em.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:55 pm

The gold and silver cost is short of 1k.
Which puts me now in thinking mode...
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:00 pm

Ryden vs Hush ?
The thinking continues
mrkyuss
Art God

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 am

Codeblue wrote:
Ryden and Hush? the Mrs. is gonna kill ya.

P.S. Silver > gold, but it's bonkers how much more they're charging for the HF this time, especially considering there's 2 of em.
I didn't even bother look at the pics of the HFs after I saw the price. Bit light on the bonus this year so need to tighten the purse strings!

I've seen reasonably sized OGs circa 15k, which almost seems like a bargain
Phish12799
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Too Rich for my blood.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Gotta say (and I know this is the wrong thread, but somebody else brought it up), that Ryden "Santa Worm" is freaking rad. Looks like there's still plenty left. Anyone know the significance of what's written on the worm? "PO*AECTBO"

renegagnon
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:41 pm

nevadinova wrote:Gotta say (and I know this is the wrong thread, but somebody else brought it up), that Ryden "Santa Worm" is freaking rad. Looks like there's still plenty left. Anyone know the significance of what's written on the worm? "PO*AECTBO"

Christmas in Russian
nevadinova
Art Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:09 pm

renegagnon wrote:
nevadinova wrote:Gotta say (and I know this is the wrong thread, but somebody else brought it up), that Ryden "Santa Worm" is freaking rad. Looks like there's still plenty left. Anyone know the significance of what's written on the worm? "PO*AECTBO"

Christmas in Russian

благодарю вас!
roo
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:58 am

Xmas present for you a birthday present for me. The exchange rate on the £ is pretty good against the $AU so splashed out on the gold.. I have seen a few prints from a Marinoni press and they are something to behold and the crew that knocked out the Hush prints have been doing it for over 150yrs so they should have it pretty sorted by now.... Time will tell....
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:40 am

roo wrote:
Xmas present for you a birthday present for me. The exchange rate on the £ is pretty good against the $AU so splashed out on the gold.. I have seen a few prints from a Marinoni press and they are something to behold and the crew that knocked out the Hush prints have been doing it for over 150yrs so they should have it pretty sorted by now.... Time will tell....
Wish it was a little larger if you know what I mean.