Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Finished Ozark Season 2 yesterday. Fantastic show. Just as strong as Season 1. Really looking forward to Season 3 next year. Huge shout out to Julia Garner who I felt made some really strong strides this season as Ruth. That is one firecracker you do not want to mess with!
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 pm

finished Haunting of Hill House last night, wow. :shock: loved it.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Liked the Bodyguard, not always into that type of Drama or setup but Richard Madden carries it big time.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:30 pm

FrankBooth wrote:Liked the Bodyguard, not always into that type of Drama or setup but Richard Madden carries it big time.
just finished this earlier today..solid mini-series, it had some great moments of tension
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:40 pm

FrankBooth wrote:Liked the Bodyguard, not always into that type of Drama or setup but Richard Madden carries it big time.
on my list - wife watched it already and really liked it.
cerebus
Art Expert

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Really liked it as well. Could have done with a little trimming, but otherwise very solid.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm surprised to not see any mention of Get Shorty in this thread, which was actually thoroughly enjoyable. I also am looking forward to another season of Lost in Space even though the Will Robinson character isn't one I'm sympathetic to. Netflix should take a hint from it's shows like House of Cards, or Ozark, or Stranger Things, and realize that you can have more than one strong female character without emasculating a male character. Will's character is pitifully annoying, but not beyond redemption.
fredo
Art God

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Turning great movies* into TV series is a weird thing - but not a new one! (MASH)

*some formerly books
just a foil for me today, thanks
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:06 pm

fredo wrote:Turning great movies* into TV series is a weird thing - but not a new one! (MASH)
It is an odd phenomenon I guess, but the viewing public is so fickle when it comes to anything truly "new" on TV. MASH is a great example of a good film-to-TV transition. Most people I talk to about it either love the show and hate the film or hate the show and at least like the film. I must be the only person who loves both. I watched MASH (TV) as a kid when it was on the air and even more in its infinite syndication. I watched the movie on a loop during down-time while I was in the Army and could probably recite the non-overlapping dialog from memory. That said, as much as I enjoyed the movie Get Shorty, I like the show better.
fredo
Art God

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm

ryefish75 wrote:
fredo wrote:Turning great movies* into TV series is a weird thing - but not a new one! (MASH)
It is an odd phenomenon I guess, but the viewing public is so fickle when it comes to anything truly "new" on TV. MASH is a great example of a good film-to-TV transition. Most people I talk to about it either love the show and hate the film or hate the show and at least like the film. I must be the only person who loves both. I watched MASH (TV) as a kid when it was on the air and even more in its infinite syndication. I watched the movie on a loop during down-time while I was in the Army and could probably recite the non-overlapping dialog from memory. That said, as much as I enjoyed the movie Get Shorty, I like the show better.
WKRP and Barney Miller to follow.

And you are not alone! I dig both MASH's - the movie moreso, and mainly the earlier seasons of the show but...
just a foil for me today, thanks
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:10 am

A couple of new ones out today ... :pint:
deancc
Art Expert

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:16 am

Roma is great. Highly recommend seeing at a cinema if you have the chance.

Also really enjoyed Private Lives recently.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:45 am

deancc wrote:Roma is great. Highly recommend seeing at a cinema if you have the chance.
This.

But if you don't have the chance, absolutely make time for it on Netflix. It's beautiful.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:57 pm

So I finished Ozark and agree that it is Breaking-Bad level television.
I also started The Last O.G., because Tracy Morgan cracks me up. It has potential, but I'm withholding judgment for at least another couple episodes.
I also spotted Look Who's Back (on Netflix) again, and might have to watch it again. I love a good, biting German social commentary.
gorkie
Art Freak

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
deancc wrote:Roma is great. Highly recommend seeing at a cinema if you have the chance.
This.

But if you don't have the chance, absolutely make time for it on Netflix. It's beautiful.
Loved it. SO well done.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram