Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
fredo
Art God

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:15 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:
SPAC04 wrote:Ballad of Buster Scrugs is pretty great. Best Coen bros since Burn After IMO. Particularly enjoyed "the girl who got rattled" or w/e it's called, very funny/dark stuff.
Very surprised I haven't heard more comments on this one. Definitely one of my favorite movies of the year so far.
I thought it was an enjoyable watch. Felt more like a hit and miss collection of the Coen Bros Greatest Chops than a feature film though and I tend to think they're often reckless with violence, but they make no bones about it (heh) and their cinematographers and actors are typically amazeballs - same here. Shooting locations were unreal too.

I might revisit Fargo soon - had a real hard time watching that again the last time after loving it in the theater. Probably chemical.
just a foil for me today, thanks
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:07 pm

Overall, it was dark as hell.

The first chapter was some of the funniest stuff I’ve seen them put out.
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:11 pm

The table stomp kill was an incredible feat of movie...doings.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
cotis wrote:finally watched Making a Murderer... :shock:
This is on my list too. How is it compared to Season 1?
I knew nothing of this case or show going into it when we started, we did Season 1 then jumped right into Season 2. without looking into it more and just going off the show, I have no idea how the drymount these people are still in jail. :lol:
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:25 pm

fredo wrote:The table stomp kill was an incredible feat of movie...doings.
Followed by just a straight banger of a song
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:30 pm

finneganm wrote:
Funny, the reason I watched it when I did was b/c a local DJ played the intro tune and demanded that everyone watch the flick. I took it as a sign.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:01 pm

cotis wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
cotis wrote:finally watched Making a Murderer... :shock:
This is on my list too. How is it compared to Season 1?
I knew nothing of this case or show going into it when we started, we did Season 1 then jumped right into Season 2. without looking into it more and just going off the show, I have no idea how the drymount these people are still in jail. :lol:
Same here. Didn't know anything going into Season 1 and don't know much going in to Season 2. Hopefully it's just as good as I did rather enjoy Season 1.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:08 pm

HisBobness wrote:Just got all 3 seasons of Mr. Robot done in 2 weeks. If I was watching TV, it was on. I always found the show interesting, but never watched it / forgot about it. But one day I thought i'd give it a shot. So glad I did. Sam Esmail directing and writing is some of the best I've ever watched. Can't wait for the 4th and final season in 2019. All 3 season are currently on Prime.
FYI, Esmail has a new show on Prime called Homecoming. I'm only a couple eps in, but so far so good.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:11 pm

fredo wrote:
finneganm wrote:
Funny, the reason I watched it when I did was b/c a local DJ played the intro tune and demanded that everyone watch the flick. I took it as a sign.
Sounds like awesome local radio^

Mr.Arthur dealing with the war party made me laugh as well. Also realized those were the same natives that appear in the "Potted Man" story. The Coen's use of score is almost always brilliant :Fargo , Oh Brother, Millers Crossing and Raising Arizona all have amazing thematic music, and No Country's complete lack of score blew me away when I first expirienced it. Felt the frontier setting /vignette approach was the perfect format for a Netflix feature.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 am

Daredevil has now been cut too. :hanging:
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:22 am

FrankBooth wrote:Daredevil has now been cut too. :hanging:
I'm sure Punisher and Jessica Jones will be after their seasons air next year too. Marvel pulling all their properties in house.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Codeblue wrote:
HisBobness wrote:Just got all 3 seasons of Mr. Robot done in 2 weeks. If I was watching TV, it was on. I always found the show interesting, but never watched it / forgot about it. But one day I thought i'd give it a shot. So glad I did. Sam Esmail directing and writing is some of the best I've ever watched. Can't wait for the 4th and final season in 2019. All 3 season are currently on Prime.
FYI, Esmail has a new show on Prime called Homecoming. I'm only a couple eps in, but so far so good.
Yeah! That's the one with Julia Roberts, right? I do wanna see it.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Finished NARCOS: MEXICO in 2 days and while I did enjoy it, it was probably my least favorite compared to the other 3 season. I do look forward to the next season however as this show always delivers!

Currently I'm halfway through OZARK Season 2 and it's just as great as Season 1.
bhutanpro
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:45 pm

pjsteelerfan wrote:
FrankBooth wrote:Daredevil has now been cut too. :hanging:
I'm sure Punisher and Jessica Jones will be after their seasons air next year too. Marvel pulling all their properties in house.
Season 2 of Jessica Jones was a huge letdown. I had high expectations and it was straight bollocks.

Same for Westworld. It took me forever but I finally dialed up and powered through Season 2 and it was another big miss. Season 1 of that show is up there with some of the best scifi ever IMHO.
Irishman12 wrote:Currently I'm halfway through OZARK Season 2 and it's just as great as Season 1.
Absolutely. This show is Breaking Bad-level good.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Started watching "1983" this weekend. My only complaint is that- like "Narcos" and "Babylon Berlin"- the subtitles either move too fast, or not at all.