Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23423
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:22 pm

brewdog123 wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... vid-welker



Image
Fish (White Colorway) by Jim Pollock
Linocut
11 x 9 inches
Signed and numbered edition of 300
$50
what day will this be dropped?
If no specific day is mentioned then they'll start selling on Thursday.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5456
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:21 pm

That helton simpsons print is pretty awesome
Image
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4627
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:32 pm

rubberneck wrote:The play of light in this print is gorgeous, one classy movie poster.

Image

Definitely feel the regular color palette does the art more justice.
I've never even seen this movie that I can recall. As such, I don't really need a poster for it, but that one looks pretty damn good.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Buckhammer
Art Expert
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm
Location: Tejas

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:51 pm

KSUvet wrote:
rubberneck wrote:The play of light in this print is gorgeous, one classy movie poster.

Image

Definitely feel the regular color palette does the art more justice.
I've never even seen this movie that I can recall. As such, I don't really need a poster for it, but that one looks pretty damn good.
You need to get on that ASAP. It continues right after the first one. Great sequel.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
torierawr
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:04 pm

That Halloween is going to look so freaking good.
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:37 pm

cmatthews11 wrote: was hoping on the Struzan Blade Runner... will probably purchase the Gabz as well
BNG wrote:Image
^^ps. same here
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7149
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 pm

glenn1 wrote:That dumb stuffed lion takes up 1/3 of the ET poster.
That's kinda the #point.

PS if you want ET large and in charge on a poster, theres tons of other ones to be had.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9649
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:36 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:Bummer, was hoping on the potential Struzan Blade Runner. (likely me just getting my hopes up, will probably purchase the Gabz as well)

The Feldman is now listed for Saturday release on the email, is that true? Was supposed to PB that tomorrow and thought it was confirmed for Thursday availability.
UPS screwed us on this one. The only box to come late. All was perfect.

If it doesn’t come by Saturday (supposed to be here Friday night), we will figure out something on Saturday to take orders
User avatar
cmatthews11
Art Expert
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:43 pm

acidburn wrote:
cmatthews11 wrote:Bummer, was hoping on the potential Struzan Blade Runner. (likely me just getting my hopes up, will probably purchase the Gabz as well)

The Feldman is now listed for Saturday release on the email, is that true? Was supposed to PB that tomorrow and thought it was confirmed for Thursday availability.
UPS screwed us on this one. The only box to come late. All was perfect.

If it doesn’t come by Saturday (supposed to be here Friday night), we will figure out something on Saturday to take orders
No worries, glad it was only one!
User avatar
glenn1
Art Expert
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:27 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
glenn1 wrote:That dumb stuffed lion takes up 1/3 of the ET poster.
That's kinda the #point.

PS if you want ET large and in charge on a poster, theres tons of other ones to be had.
Glad you #likeit. I didn't say I wanted anything, I just think LD overemphasized that element in this poster. Lookit how big that goofy lion is.

Now that I'm thinking about, maybe I do need a large and in charge ET in my life. Wonder if I can get a print of this...

Image
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:01 am

That's a very short bar.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
User avatar
School
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:57 am

Offering my pb services for Thursday if anyone is interested send me a pm.. only think I can’t pb are the Halloween prints.. thank you
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7149
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:45 am

glenn1 wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:
glenn1 wrote:That dumb stuffed lion takes up 1/3 of the ET poster.
That's kinda the #point.

PS if you want ET large and in charge on a poster, theres tons of other ones to be had.
Glad you #likeit. I didn't say I wanted anything, I just think LD overemphasized that element in this poster. Lookit how big that goofy lion is.
I think Spielberg overemphasized the goofy lion from the get go.

Image
User avatar
glenn1
Art Expert
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:01 pm

That image illustrates my complaint, though. That lion is maybe 2x as big as the chimp, but on LD's the lion is 4x as big. You don't have to be so salty that one person doesn't share your love of this poster. I find it distracting, you and 499 other people don't. C'est la vie.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23423
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:09 pm

I get the point about it being distracting. I'd also argue that it hews to the movie well because of that - hope nobody looking notices the scrotum-headed alien hiding there. But to each their own.

Still waiting on a Mac and Me Japanese variant follow up though.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Post Reply