Mad Duck Posters

General art-related discussion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:32 pm

Who?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:40 pm

It's, um...hard to imagine that there are 339 people in the world who want a premium-price He-Man poster on their wall.
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Only a miracle would get me to buy from Mad Duck again...i picked up the platinum foil Wizard of Oz by Ise, and that piece took about 5 to 6 months to br made and delivered..up around the 5th month i got in contact with them and they basically said ppl can wait since we basically got a steal on tge print considering how many colors it has....yikes. Hey-Man nice customer service.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Ok, seriously: Who is buying endless Masters of the Universe posters?? We're one poster away from a Peanuts/Masters of the Universe mash-up. On rainbow holofoil.
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:25 pm

ethnosax wrote:Ok, seriously: Who is buying endless Alien/Halloween/Jaws/Drive posters??
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:50 pm

MonteAlderaan wrote:
ethnosax wrote:Ok, seriously: Who is buying endless Alien/Halloween/Jaws/Drive posters??
Mad Duck currently has about 20 Masters of the Universe posters in their shop (not including variants). Maybe Alien is near that number, too, but this just seems bizarre to me.

However, I do agree with you--why so many posters for just a few titles? So many good movies yet to be covered. And Mad Duck indicated by some other stuff they've done that they might focus on overlooked classics. There's something odd going on, though. Dark Hall Mansion started out with "Seminal Films" and titles that no one else was doing, and then: death by Peanuts. Now Mad Duck starts out with Hitchcock, Orson Welles, literature...and it's going to be death by He-Man.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:00 pm

ethnosax wrote:
MonteAlderaan wrote:
Mad Duck currently has about 20 Masters of the Universe posters in their shop (not including variants). Maybe Alien is near that number, too, but this just seems bizarre to me.

However, I do agree with you--why so many posters for just a few titles? So many good movies yet to be covered. And Mad Duck indicated by some other stuff they've done that they might focus on overlooked classics. There's something odd going on, though. Dark Hall Mansion started out with "Seminal Films" and titles that no one else was doing, and then: death by Peanuts. Now Mad Duck starts out with Hitchcock, Orson Welles, literature...and it's going to be death by He-Man.
I think what is hurting them is printing times but with so little good printers and so many prints coming, you can't fault them for that. If the He-man didnt sell enough, I am sure they would stop making them. Their movie poster/book posters have all been pretty good to great over the last year or so. Interested to check out the Ansin Silence of the Lambs that is supposed to be coming.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Buckhammer wrote:Interested to check out the Ansin Silence of the Lambs that is supposed to be coming.
Wait, what?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:29 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:Interested to check out the Ansin Silence of the Lambs that is supposed to be coming.
Wait, what?
yep.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
FloB
Art Enthusiast

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:34 am

I think they are doing a good job. I have some stuff of them and quality wise they are all really good. Waiting times are sometimes a bit longer, but there are way bigger galleries that could easily afford printing their stuff prior to the sale, where you have to wait months too.
All stuff from Mad Duck is officially licensed. I guess some of these are not cheap, so I can retrace that they are milking some titles.There was also a Subscription for the MOTU stuff, so he has to deliver. At least he does.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:33 am

Just because a sub is sold does not mean a sub is delivered.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:37 am

Always be wary of the sub.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:40 am

I'd say not only "be wary," but just outright don't buy a poster that you haven't seen yet. From what I've seen here, the number of times you miss out on something amazing that you could have bought into earlier is vastly outweighed by the number of times you pay in advance and then either get something you don't like that much or get nothing at all.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:41 am

Well obviously neva do it, but TGT and no one eva listens.
FloB
Art Enthusiast

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:02 am

Vincent Price series coming https://www.madduckposters.com/pages/vincent-price

Pretty strong artist list!

The Masque Of The Red Death, New Poster by Artist Francesco Francavilla!
The Raven, New Poster by Artist Jonathan Burton!
House Of Usher, New Poster by Stan & Vince!
The Pit and the Pendulum, New Poster by Artist Florian Bertmer!
The Abominable Dr. Phibes, New Poster by Artist Martin Ansin!
The Bat, New Poster by Artist Anthony Petrie!
Tomb Of Ligeia, New Poster by Artist Francesco Francavilla!
Subscriber Choice! Exclusive new poster for subscribers with art by Vance Kelly!