James Jean News and Releases

General art-related discussion.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:32 am

Looks like this print will take some Asian persuasion to go through with purchase for some
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
murdock
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:29 pm

35mmpaul wrote:its just very plain for me.

there is just so much passion in his blade runner poster. and even for his art prints its very tame.

idk. it'll sell a drymount ton. and im sure the foil printing will look great too.
Exactly my feelings. If it's that exact image as the print, I guess it's a pass for me. If he integrates some more elements or at least some titles/text, I will have a much harder time to resist. I have no doubt the printing will be drop dead gorgeous either way...
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Need a little help from my fellow JJ collectors. I’m looking to buy a JJ Seasons print and I keep getting multiple measurements for the size of the piece. It’s listed as 24 x 40 for the size of the paper on EB and on many websites. However, I have two collectors friends who have the piece and have measured it in hand and it comes out as 26x40. Can anyone out there who owns this piece verify if 26 x 40 is the size of the paper the print is done on?

Thanks
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Aedward5 wrote:Need a little help from my fellow JJ collectors. I’m looking to buy a JJ Seasons print and I keep getting multiple measurements for the size of the piece. It’s listed as 24 x 40 for the size of the paper on EB and on many websites. However, I have two collectors friends who have the piece and have measured it in hand and it comes out as 26x40. Can anyone out there who owns this piece verify if 26 x 40 is the size of the paper the print is done on?

Thanks
Definitely worth it to get verification on this - not that this helps per se but just gonna share the snapshot from the original sale details for reference:

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:35 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Aedward5 wrote:Need a little help from my fellow JJ collectors. I’m looking to buy a JJ Seasons print and I keep getting multiple measurements for the size of the piece. It’s listed as 24 x 40 for the size of the paper on EB and on many websites. However, I have two collectors friends who have the piece and have measured it in hand and it comes out as 26x40. Can anyone out there who owns this piece verify if 26 x 40 is the size of the paper the print is done on?

Thanks
Definitely worth it to get verification on this - not that this helps per se but just gonna share the snapshot from the original sale details for reference:

Thanks, that’s exactly why I’m confused. Two of the folks I checked with have it in hand and it measures 26x40. Their prints are embossed as well. I think the chances of theirs being counterfeit is very unlikely.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Could be a mistake from the printers when the paper was cut. Do the image dimensions match up to the listing?
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:31 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Could be a mistake from the printers when the paper was cut. Do the image dimensions match up to the listing?
If anyone can measure the image and paper of their’s I’d appreciate it.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:36 pm

Ya don't trust yer other 2 friends who already measured it? #3rdtimesacharm #howdotapemeasureswork
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:25 am

Ship of Fools is looking real good
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:17 am

Codeblue wrote:Ya don't trust yer other 2 friends who already measured it? #3rdtimesacharm #howdotapemeasureswork
Maybe they're the kind of friends who add an extra 2 inches when they tell people.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 am

jkw3000 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Ya don't trust yer other 2 friends who already measured it? #3rdtimesacharm #howdotapemeasureswork
Maybe they're the kind of friends who add an extra 2 inches when they tell people.
"Roster" length
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:30 am

Thanks

This was printed at Pressure Printing correct? Send an email to Brad Keech, he is super nice and is the guy that would have measured them and cut them. If they are on hand made paper, then very easily there will be inconsistencies in measurements one piece to the other.
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:28 am

talkingdeads wrote:

Thanks

This was printed at Pressure Printing correct? Send an email to Brad Keech, he is super nice and is the guy that would have measured them and cut them. If they are on hand made paper, then very easily there will be inconsistencies in measurements one piece to the other.
Good idea. I’ll try that. As for my “friends”, I only know them through a fb collector group. I have also had a couple collectors say it’s 24 x 40. So just looking for more people to measure one in hand.
shredkeenan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Aedward5 wrote:
talkingdeads wrote:

Thanks

Good idea. I’ll try that. As for my “friends”, I only know them through a fb collector group. I have also had a couple collectors say it’s 24 x 40. So just looking for more people to measure one in hand.
Something is wrong with the "official" measurements - either the image size or the paper size. If we assume the image size is correct, it would make sense that the paper was actually 26" tall. Then you'd have 1.5" border on the top and sides, and 2.25" border on the bottom, which is what it looks like in the mock-up. I trust your friends.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:43 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
murdock wrote:
whatisee wrote:We have a Bladerunner 2049 sighting....
??

I really dig the embossing for this one. The unicorn horn becoming the tree is such a great visual transition form the first film to the second. I’m silly excited to purchase this