The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 am

does anyone know a way for a UK buyer to get a refund on import taxes if the print was damaged in shipping (and sale ultimately fully refunded)?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:55 pm

i would browse this thread..

http://forum.expressobeans.com/search.php

otherwise, see this site at the bottom https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
If you’re charged too much or return your goods
Ask for a refund of VAT or Customs Duty if you:

return your goods
think you’ve been charged too much
Download and fill in:

form BOR 286 if Royal Mail or Parcelforce delivered the goods
form C285 if a courier or freight company delivered the goods
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59 am

Avoid.

poppinoff.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:22 am

Deets or GTFO.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
badlydrawn27
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:38 am

Hello

I put a print up for sale excluding shipping to all areas except North America. I got an offer from a buyer that has a US shipping address, but their profile location says they are from China. Anyone have any experience with something like this? Thank You for any advice.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:13 am

badlydrawn27 wrote:Hello

I put a print up for sale excluding shipping to all areas except North America. I got an offer from a buyer that has a US shipping address, but their profile location says they are from China. Anyone have any experience with something like this? Thank You for any advice.
Some international buyers have their account set-up to go through an onshore intermediary. I've sold to these sorts of buyers plenty of times with no issues.
badlydrawn27
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:19 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:
badlydrawn27 wrote:Hello

Some international buyers have their account set-up to go through an onshore intermediary. I've sold to these sorts of buyers plenty of times with no issues.
Thank you for answering my question.
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:39 pm

I sold a print to a guy who forgot to change his Ebay addy to his new address. I get a message from him about it the same day it shows back up at my doorstep. He says he'll pay the shipping to have it sent to his new address. How do I go about having him send me the new shipping payment? I couldn't find a way to do it on Ebay or Paypal. The original listing was for free shipping.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:15 pm

MonteAlderaan wrote:I sold a print to a guy who forgot to change his Ebay addy to his new address. I get a message from him about it the same day it shows back up at my doorstep. He says he'll pay the shipping to have it sent to his new address. How do I go about having him send me the new shipping payment? I couldn't find a way to do it on Ebay or Paypal. The original listing was for free shipping.
Send an invoice to him via PayPal for the additional shipping.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:05 pm

jjttdw wrote:
MonteAlderaan wrote:I sold a print to a guy who forgot to change his Ebay addy to his new address. I get a message from him about it the same day it shows back up at my doorstep. He says he'll pay the shipping to have it sent to his new address. How do I go about having him send me the new shipping payment? I couldn't find a way to do it on Ebay or Paypal. The original listing was for free shipping.
Send an invoice to him via PayPal for the additional shipping.
Is there a way to do this with an Ebay purchase? All PP gives me is their name and Ebay handle but not an invoiceable email address, from what I can see.
xangelx
Art Expert

Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 pm

Avoid this idiot unless you like your prints like this: lowesteastside
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:15 pm

new turd: gamerpro3

bought high price item, sent message he was on vacation and that he'd pay soon. I was on vacation anyway and couldn't ship right away. figured fine, my Unpaid Assistant will take over if needed.

few days later, Unpaid Assistant finalizes and I get a credit. what happens next? message from buyer saying he can pay now.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:00 am

Must be donkey season. Add these 2 EBers to the purchased-then-needed-to-cancel list (one of which needed to cancel right after it was shipped internationally with Express Mail).

steph-sima
de.jiam.mft6g3yd
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:40 am

Cancel after it ships? How's that even work?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 am

They said they bought the wrong thing and will need to send it back once it arrives. They did say sorry though. Luls.