For a postcard sized piece?
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:43 am

I mean I would have bought it
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:00 am

If I liked the image a little more I would agree. Its just a bunch of text though.

Separately, it will be fun to watch the panicked price reductions on the geometric dove set that dropped yesterday as rent comes due.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:14 pm

jjttdw wrote:If I liked the image a little more I would agree. Its just a bunch of text though.

Separately, it will be fun to watch the panicked price reductions on the geometric dove set that dropped yesterday as rent comes due.
:roll: so yer saying buying multiples was a bad idea :wink:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:18 pm

jjttdw wrote:Separately, it will be fun to watch the panicked price reductions on the geometric dove set that dropped yesterday as rent comes due.
And another reason not to pick it up because if you change your mind later, you can grab one for cost or close to it.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 pm

toobs wrote:
jjttdw wrote:If I liked the image a little more I would agree. Its just a bunch of text though.

:roll: so yer saying buying multiples was a bad idea :wink:
I bought two and got refunded for the second. I'd bet that in the short term only a couple will lose money factoring in the transaction cost, a few more will make happy meal money and a few more than that will be able to buy happy meals for the family. This set will do just fine in a couple years.
bubbie wrote:And another reason not to pick it up because if you change your mind later, you can grab one for cost or close to it.
I may pick up a second when it goes that low.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
bsharp
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:41 pm

In an effort to celebrate the arts through the fusion of music, street art, and craft, I teamed up with SJC and my friend, drummer Frank Zummo of Sum 41, to create the Rise Above Limited Edition Snare! Only 25 of these snares will be made, each with their own Certificate of Authenticity (signed by me, Frank, and Mike Ciprari of SJC Drums), as well as a unique serial label and birth certificate numbered #1 - 25. These snares will go live on September 1st, 2018 and will be available through SJC’s website and select authorized dealers! Proceeds will be donated to a scholarship for @Silverlake_conservatory students.

jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Definitely cool but I bet it is pricey.
egrimens
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Just a random thought, but it feels like this is the longest gap in releases on the actual website in some time. Shep up to something new? I'd be cool with them limiting the output a bit more.
Last edited by egrimens on Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:46 pm

egrimens wrote:Just a random thought, but it feels like this is the longest gap in releases on the actual website in some time. Shep up to something new? I'm be cool with them limiting the output a bit more.
was just thinking this myself...
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Staff is probably taking a little break. Holidays, spend time with family, etc.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 am

Pricey for sure, as the following suggests (given there are only 25 of them):
bsharp wrote:
These snares will go live on September 1st, 2018 and will be available through SJC’s website and select authorized dealers!
Can't say I dig it much regardless. I mean it's cool, but that's about all it is.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:41 am

bulkhead72 wrote:Staff is probably taking a little break. Holidays, spend time with family, etc.
They haven't taken one before, have they?
I was also thinking about what the drymount happened to Obey drops.
bsharp
Art Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:05 pm

My Obey Fire Sale print is a comment on the challenges any individual faces pushing for environmental and climate responsibility, especially when confronted with the massive power of fossil fuel industries whose short-sighted, profit-driven tactics include lobbying and bribing politicians who are supposed to work for the citizenry. The term “fire sale” means the liquidation of goods damaged in a fire, or it can mean a rush to sell off inventory before a bankruptcy. I was actually finished with this art before the record number of California wildfires broke out, but the literal fires, which climatologists say are a symptom of climate change, only amplify what I meant as a metaphorical critique of our short-sightedness which will lead to fire sales in low lying areas from Louisiana, to Florida, to Bangladesh. We need to vote and put pressure on the politicians and the corporations. The future depends on it! I'm donating proceeds from this print to The Climate Reality Project. Thanks for caring!
-Shepard

Obey Fire Sale. 18 x 24 inches. #Screenprint on cream Speckle Tone paper. Signed by #ShepardFairey. Numbered edition of 550. $55. Available Thursday, August 16th @ 10AM (PDT) on ObeyGiant.com in Store under Prints. Limit 1 per person/household.
@climatereality #obey #obeygiant
Last edited by bsharp on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.