Forget cats, let's talk about dogs!

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:39 pm

great looking dog!
Mapman
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Thanks, he's a really a good dog, puts up with his high strung puppy brother, and loves to just sleep or snuggle up with one of his humans. Doesn't bark much unless he catches a scent outside, then he never shuts up, but greets people well and loves getting scratches/petting.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Great news! My sister came back with her poochies review of the dog treats that I made. This is what she sent to me:
The dogs snarfed down the biscuits.
They think they are delicious!

They actually smell good enough
for humans to eat. LOL.
I'll be making another batch in a couple of days. Anyone interested in a free sample bag of "Move Night" treats?
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Here’s the new puppy I got last week!

He’s right at 13 weeks old now - mix of black lab and bloodhound. Super sweet dog, great with the kids, making strides on his potty training. We’re all head over heels for him :heart: :heart: :heart:
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:41 pm

:notworthy:
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:41 am

Although I don't have a dog, I know a beautiful animal when I see one. It's heartwarming to know that Shinook was given a good life.
Handsome Shinook passed away peacefully this month. Shinook was surrendered to animal control back in 2004. Although he looked like a malamute, the shelter labeled him a wolf-dog hybrid. In Arizona hybrids fall into a gray area. To Arizona Game and Fish they’re not wildlife, so are not managed by them. To many county shelters, they’re not domestic animals, so are not adoptable and instead, put on the euthanasia list. Knowing what Shinook’s fate would be at a shelter, Southwest Wildlife (Tucson, AZ) offered him a home for life.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:33 am

Please welcome our 8 week old Newfoundland puppy, Doug.

kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi Doug!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
meskell
Art Expert

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:00 pm

wottagunn wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:33 am
Please welcome our 8 week old Newfoundland puppy, Doug.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Here's Doug now, 17 weeks.

squalie
Art Expert

Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:50 pm

Good looking pup!
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:01 pm

We are crushed. We just found out Boomer has Lymphoma. Theya re still doing the histology so we don't know the type yet. I don't think it matters much though, the prognosis isn't good for any of them. Boomer is almost 12. We adopted him from a rescue org when he was 5 and he's been an incredible companion. He wasn't really given the opportunity to "grow" in his first 5 years and it's been very gratifying to see him develop into a confident dog. We just had to put our other dog Maizey down on Aug 1. She was only 7 and had a rare autoimmune disorder that came out of nowhere. We also lost my FIL unexpectedly back in June. The grief is nearly overwhelming at the moment.

I'm not someone else.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:27 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
We are crushed. We just found out Boomer has Lymphoma. Theya re still doing the histology so we don't know the type yet. I don't think it matters much though, the prognosis isn't good for any of them. Boomer is almost 12. We adopted him from a rescue org when he was 5 and he's been an incredible companion. He wasn't really given the opportunity to "grow" in his first 5 years and it's been very gratifying to see him develop into a confident dog. We just had to put our other dog Maizey down on Aug 1. She was only 7 and had a rare autoimmune disorder that came out of nowhere. We also lost my FIL unexpectedly back in June. The grief is nearly overwhelming at the moment.
Really hate this for you, Blue. Really tough losing our family members (humans and four-leggers). Hope you can find peace being with Boomer through his journey. You’ll always have that singular connection that is a part of the relationship we form with each pet. Stay as centered as possible...he’ll appreciate a calming force. Positive thoughts, energy and prayers to your whole family.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
davemfan
Art Expert

Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:41 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
Hang in there man. I know the grieving process all to well. We lost our 12 year old boxer October 1st last year. We literally celebrated his birthday, and he started having severe seizures for the first time in his life that same night. We cared for him all the next day (sunday) then took him to the vet on monday. At that point we had a discussion with our vet and had to decide what quality of life he would have. You could tell after having roughly 15 seizures the following day he was not the same. He was walking in circles and did not have any awareness of where he was. One of the hardest days of my life was making the decision to put him down. We had him since he was about 6 weeks old.

Make sure you take days off work if you need to do that. I know me and my wife took some time off from work to be home away from people. It felt so unbearable at times. Just know that time will help you heal. So sorry to hear you have to go through this. Stay strong. Sending positive vibes your way.
ImageImageImage
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks Fro and Dave. I appreciate it.

Boomer has a rare T-cell Cutaneous Lymphoma. We have elected to go with Chemotherapy because overall he is still in good health. It's an oral treatment with 5 sessions over the next 15 weeks. We are really hoping he responds well and we can have another year or so with him. He had his first treatment last Friday and is tolerating it well so far. The vet is very optimistic since Boomer does not have other lesions or symptoms at this point. It was a hard decision but feels like the right one at the moment.

I'm not someone else.