Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:37 pm

piper27 wrote:I dig the lettering. Wish he would do more of the old school illedgible graffiti stuff. The lettering in that Lana Del Ray sketch book is where it's at IMO
:cheers:
So it goes...
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 pm

That's one hell of a gig poster :notworthy: :rockin:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
Posts: 1152
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:26 pm

mfaith wrote:
piper27 wrote:I dig the lettering. Wish he would do more of the old school illedgible graffiti stuff. The lettering in that Lana Del Ray sketch book is where it's at IMO
:cheers:
Proof
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
User avatar
davethewave
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 am

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:57 pm

How will these be sold?
User avatar
Stingers
Art Expert
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: London : England

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:31 pm

At the shows the prints were made for.
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5458
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:15 pm

piper27 wrote:I dig the lettering. Wish he would do more of the old school illedgible graffiti stuff. The lettering in that Lana Del Ray sketch book is where it's at IMO
see, I think the opposite. To me, the lettering here (and image as a whole) is just way too busy. Looks messy as drymount to me. I can appreciate the talent, but composition has to come in to it somewhere.
I miss stuff like this, and is the reason why I haven't purchased his work in some years.

Image
User avatar
agr719
Art Expert
Posts: 2022
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Non-gig poster/lettering related, saw this browsing reddit:

https://www.afp.com/en/news/205/scienti ... oc-1759ps2
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
User avatar
davethewave
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 am

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Stingers wrote:At the shows the prints were made for.
Well yeah... I mean folks line up early, how many per show?
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:40 am

davethewave wrote:
Stingers wrote:At the shows the prints were made for.
Well yeah... I mean folks line up early, how many per show?
Ya figure there's 10 shows on the tour with Amenra for the blue edition of 325 @ 32 1/2 prints per show. The red edition of 185 covers 5 shows with Birds in a Row @ 37 prints per show. I'm gonna guess 25 prints per show available from merch? Maybe 30 if we're lucky?

Image
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
Stingers
Art Expert
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: London : England

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:31 am

Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:38 am

Stingers wrote:Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
I hear ya. Denver is the 2nd show on tour with Birds in Row so there should be a few prints left over after the Albuquerque show. That's what I'm hoping. Ironically enough, last Converge show was also a Horkey print @ the Triple Rock back in '12. Fingers crossed.

:cheers:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:59 am

comountaingolf wrote:
Stingers wrote:Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
I hear ya. Denver is the 2nd show on tour with Birds in Row so there should be a few prints left over after the Albuquerque show. That's what I'm hoping. Ironically enough, last Converge show was also a Horkey print @ the Triple Rock back in '12. Fingers crossed.

:cheers:
Hmm, 3rd stop is within striking distance. I'm pretty sure I would not enjoy this show, but now I'm thinking about getting a ticket. 8)
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:04 am

KSUvet wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
Stingers wrote:Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
I hear ya. Denver is the 2nd show on tour with Birds in Row so there should be a few prints left over after the Albuquerque show. That's what I'm hoping. Ironically enough, last Converge show was also a Horkey print @ the Triple Rock back in '12. Fingers crossed.

:cheers:
Hmm, 3rd stop is within striking distance. I'm pretty sure I would not enjoy this show, but now I'm thinking about getting a ticket. 8)
Ya figure you're spending $30+ to spend $40+ on the poster(s) but Converge is H I G H energy live and Neurosis is legendary, so I have a feeling it's going to be a drymounting blast!

:cheers:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13750
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:41 am

It will be an amazing show.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:22 pm

I wish I knew if there was a number of copies per show limit. Did they let people buy multiples of the owl at Converge Minn? I seem to remember a lot of people coming away empty on that one.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Post Reply