Insure Your Art Collection

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:21 am

chevyav53 wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:^That's why doors come with locks. :lol:
Not sure about Texas but in Cali if you lock your kids outside you’ll have Child Protection Services called on you :wink:
Never thought about it that way before. That's definitely a possibility. But also very cruel considering it was 103 degrees here yesterday.

My collection/flat file is in the spare bedroom. So all I have to do is lock the door. #problemsolved
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
rockbridge
Art Expert
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:24 am

Good thread....I just got a quote from collectinsure.com....Seems reasonable
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:^That's why doors come with locks. :lol:
Not sure about Texas but in Cali if you lock your kids outside you’ll have Child Protection Services called on you :wink:
Never thought about it that way before. That's definitely a possibility. But also very cruel considering it was 103 degrees here yesterday.

My collection/flat file is in the spare bedroom. So all I have to do is lock the door. #problemsolved
Yeah I have art on the walls, in display cases, shelves in all rooms etc.. so hard to lock out of all rooms esp his own
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 50964
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:26 pm

#storageunit
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5590
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Codeblue wrote:#storageunit
That's where I would keep the kids too.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:43 pm

chevyav53 wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:^That's why doors come with locks. :lol:
Not sure about Texas but in Cali if you lock your kids outside you’ll have Child Protection Services called on you :wink:
Never thought about it that way before. That's definitely a possibility. But also very cruel considering it was 103 degrees here yesterday.

My collection/flat file is in the spare bedroom. So all I have to do is lock the door. #problemsolved
Yeah I have art on the walls, in display cases, shelves in all rooms etc.. so hard to lock out of all rooms esp his own
Our walls are covered too. He knows not to touch anything and is really good about it (so far).

Dad: "All the pictures are covered by glass. They will fall if you touch them. The glass will break and cut and hurt you. So there's no touching."
Son: "I don't like blood. I don't like hurt. I no touch."

For the most part, he's a good little dude.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 50964
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Who the fug hangs art low enough for little kids to be able to reach it (other than gunter)?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 25563
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:23 pm

Codeblue wrote:Who the fug hangs art low enough for little kids to be able to reach it (other than gunter)?
Image
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15154
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:06 am

SPACE PANTS!
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:06 am

Codeblue wrote:Who the fug hangs art low enough for little kids to be able to reach it (other than gunter)?
Does your kid not have any arms?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
TOTM
Art Expert
Posts: 3302
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:36 pm

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 am

fredo wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Who the fug hangs art low enough for little kids to be able to reach it (other than gunter)?
Image
Dang! Gunter always pullin' the finey... Dude's a machine!
User avatar
bigmuls
Art Expert
Posts: 1951
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: DC USA

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:58 am

I remember seeing a post on here somewhere in which someone's kid sliced a Phish Pollock Astron with a paper cutter. Nice clean break.
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9620
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:49 am

Serious question. When do you decide to remove the prints from the walls? I ask because it's only going to get worse as they get older. Accidents will happen. Maybe those that have insurance aren't concerned, but can you put in a claim that states: "My kid was in a tantrum and threw something...or my kid was playing soccer, etc...inside the house." Will insurance cover something like that?

I dunno', do you eventually replace them with scanned/fakes like museums and store the OG's for safekeeping?
SwampButt
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:14 pm

Lol
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9620
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:18 pm

I figured it was a dumb question, but I really don't know. I've never had to deal with something like that when my boy was still living at home. I was a single working mother and couldn't always be home with him...he'd have friends over and such. Seriously, fudge happens. I dunno'...
Post Reply