Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Wed May 23, 2018 4:47 pm

kansasbbq wrote:Anybody going to Hill Farmstead this week?
Friend picked me up a couple today actually. will be the first I've tasted of it.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17468
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu May 24, 2018 10:49 am

beetlejuice wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:Anybody going to Hill Farmstead this week?
Friend picked me up a couple today actually. will be the first I've tasted of it.
Which ones?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Thu May 24, 2018 10:58 am

Lucky you, first taste of HF from the source is an absolute treat.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 am

Its kind of a long story, but one of the beer guys here in Nashville knows the Black Project guys so he snagged a case of their Division Hotel when they had bottles shipped in for CBC. He held a couple for me and picked them up last night. Not my photos but man it looks tasty.

Image
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Thu May 24, 2018 11:24 am

wow, looks great!!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17468
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 am

Excellent stuff Baker!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Fri May 25, 2018 10:11 am

kansasbbq wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:Anybody going to Hill Farmstead this week?
Friend picked me up a couple today actually. will be the first I've tasted of it.
Which ones?
Civil Disobedience #24: Blended barrel-aged Farmstead® ale carefuly curated of various threads from our barrel cellar. 750ml.
Everett: Robust American Porter. 7.2% abv
Go ahead, make my millennium.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Fri May 25, 2018 11:01 am

Yeah, this was incredibly good.

ImageUntitled by Tb252803, on Flickr
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17468
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17468
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Fri May 25, 2018 12:48 pm

beetlejuice wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:Anybody going to Hill Farmstead this week?
Friend picked me up a couple today actually. will be the first I've tasted of it.
Which ones?
Civil Disobedience #24: Blended barrel-aged Farmstead® ale carefuly curated of various threads from our barrel cellar. 750ml.
Everett: Robust American Porter. 7.2% abv
CD #24 sounds tasty.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm

You going to scoop up those new SPON variants today?
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Fri May 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Baker wrote:You going to scoop up those new SPON variants today?
Never tried a SPON.

Think that just about all of my favorite Colorado breweries are releasing something weekend. :pint: :drool:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Fri May 25, 2018 4:51 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
Baker wrote:You going to scoop up those new SPON variants today?
Never tried a SPON.

Think that just about all of my favorite Colorado breweries are releasing something weekend. :pint: :drool:
One of my friends here just drove in to Austin today for 'The Beerists" (I think is what the podcast is called) share that they have started doing. Good timing. I think I have a bottle of every available SPON coming back :D

Last count he was at like 1400 bucks of money from people to mule back fudge since he drove down.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
HisBobness
Art Expert
Posts: 3518
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: California

Sat May 26, 2018 12:44 am

Had to drain pour one of my 2015 BCBS. It was seriously really nasty. Bottle date of September 22 which isn't considered an infected date. Just not sure what to think about this beer anymore. Local shop still has 2017 shelf turds lying around. Disappointed.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51523
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sat May 26, 2018 1:54 am

Well the new fudge is pasteurized so ya don't have to worry about infection any more. I thought the 17s were really good, but a lot of places are marking it up + there's more cheaper alternatives out there these days = shelf turd
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Post Reply