Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8287
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Sheeeit, if the other EB team members put 1/4 the effort you put in faithie, this place would be in tip top shape in a week! :notworthy:
User avatar
Scottjohnston
Art Expert
Posts: 2535
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:58 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Sheeeit, if the other EB team members put 1/4 the effort you put in faithie, this place would be in tip top shape in a week! :notworthy:
Image
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks EGT. Just trying to do my part. :cheers:
So it goes...
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:07 pm

mfaith wrote:With regard to proactively creating comment threads for every new entry into the database, that's not actually feasible for a number of logistical reasons. But I would like to consider ways to make it easier for people wanting those threads created, to request them. Ever since the big site outage that killed the automatic process that created those on demand, we never really did come up with a good mechanism for streamlining those requests. It was just "hey ask a mod". But do you think it would help if I created a dedicated request thread similar to the Entry Correction thread, and asked a mod who's able to create those (I'm not even able to create them myself), to monitor it? That would allow you to just post a link to whatever entry you want a thread for, and they'd create it for you. Would that help?
I just created this thread for requesting art comment threads and pinned it in the Help forum. And I reached out to a mod who regularly creates these threads (since I'm unable), and he said he'd monitor it. Hopefully that helps make it a bit easier til the new version of the site launches. http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 8&t=176916
So it goes...
User avatar
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee
Posts: 9578
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 am

mfaith wrote:
mfaith wrote:With regard to proactively creating comment threads for every new entry into the database, that's not actually feasible for a number of logistical reasons. But I would like to consider ways to make it easier for people wanting those threads created, to request them. Ever since the big site outage that killed the automatic process that created those on demand, we never really did come up with a good mechanism for streamlining those requests. It was just "hey ask a mod". But do you think it would help if I created a dedicated request thread similar to the Entry Correction thread, and asked a mod who's able to create those (I'm not even able to create them myself), to monitor it? That would allow you to just post a link to whatever entry you want a thread for, and they'd create it for you. Would that help?
I just created this thread for requesting art comment threads and pinned it in the Help forum. And I reached out to a mod who regularly creates these threads (since I'm unable), and he said he'd monitor it. Hopefully that helps make it a bit easier til the new version of the site launches. http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 8&t=176916
Thanks!!!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 50986
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:52 pm

mfaith wrote:I'll see if I can get Yamar to provide another update. I haven't seen anything more since my last post in this thread. The current site issues, though, are temporary. The old server just periodically needs refreshing, or this sort of behavior starts to happen. I reported it last Monday, and Yamar filed a ticket. Just waiting on them to do the refresh, and the image and submission issue will be resolved.
Pretty fuggin pathetic that the images won't even show up on a website that is all about cataloging art. Guess ya don't get very high priority on the server bounce list when ya only pay for shared hosting amirite.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 15402
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ithaca, NY

Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Sorry guys... not sure what I can say/do at the moment. As soon as I have/know more info about what has been going on this past week, I'll be happy to pass it along. But at the moment, I'm just as - if not more - frustrated as all of you. And that's about both the "blackout" issues on the current site and the continuing delays on the rebuild. The board did finally receive a "next step" about a week ago which we are still evaluating and will hopefully be to the team level soon. That's about all I can say/relay at the moment...
Tra la la la la...
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 15677
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:49 pm

We just like complaining, appreciate the update
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 15402
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ithaca, NY

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:43 pm

finneganm wrote:We just like complaining, appreciate the update
Gee... never noticed that... :roll:
Tra la la la la...
Woo5lscott
Art Expert
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:16 am

Mon May 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Hey...it’s working lol
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 5664
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Mon May 21, 2018 6:39 pm

I don't think it is complaining to say that the performance of this site sucks today. It is more of an observation....a rhetorical observation if there is such a thing.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
SwampButt
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Mon May 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Site has fudge the bed on mobile. Congrats
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 50986
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon May 21, 2018 7:34 pm

It's sounding like the company they chose to undertake this project has also shat the bed.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17510
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Mon May 21, 2018 8:13 pm

it moved, Jerry! IT MOVED!!!!!
Image
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
SwampButt
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Mon May 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Anyone visit a site that has more issues than this one? Wonder where that 30k went
Post Reply