General art-related discussion.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 am

Hopefully grey is vacvvm cuz I don't wanna pay shingo's overprice
iambillyg
Art Freak

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:59 pm

thevacvvm: Something new coming from @aaronhorkey soon. Screenprint #wip, still a few screens to go! #aaronhorkey #screenprint #illustration #brlsq #thevacvvm
So maybe it'll be grey?
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:01 pm

drymount > YES!!!!
I'm not someone else.
CarbonZ
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:20 pm

I'm really excited for this :drool:
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:40 pm

I mean, 66% chance the grey is Vacvvm. Question in my mind is do they stick to the colorings of the past, and the grey is Japan. Or since the grey is closest to the OG, make that the "main" edition.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:46 pm

I wonder how many screens it'll be total. This image from Aaron shows it with 5 down so far (and already looks amazing)! And he does only mention following VACVVM and MF. So maybe not a release from BRSLQ after all? I guess that's what your 66% is Baker? 2 editions from VACVVM and one from MF
aaronhorkey wrote:Process WIP of a screenprinted edition currently being willed into being via the great @benbrlsq in balmy Minneapolis, MINN. 5 screens in thus far... I made the drawing Colossus Aground a couple of years ago and I’m thrilled to see it coming to life in deluxe reproduction form and in such capable hands, release info to come regarding the three different versions of the print... Please follow @thevacvvm & @megafauna_jp for more information. #aaronhorkey #thevacvvm #colossusaground #returntoearth #paperlust
So it goes...
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 pm

BRLSQ doesn't publish anything for Aaron anymore so they wouldn't have any "edition" like many years ago. They are "just" the printers these days. I'd guess a reg and variant from vacvvm and then a megafauna edition.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:30 pm

Baker wrote:BRLSQ doesn't publish anything for Aaron anymore so they wouldn't have any "edition" like many years ago. They are "just" the printers these days. I'd guess a reg and variant from vacvvm and then a megafauna edition.
Right on. Yeah, that was my original thought too. But then Ben tagging BRLSQ in-between VACVVM and MF, made me second guess myself. :oops: Thought maybe there was some special coordinated thing they were doing together. In any event, I'm stoked they're handling the printing on this. Certainly looking like a killer set.
So it goes...
KSUvet
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 pm

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 pm

mfaith wrote:
Baker wrote:BRLSQ doesn't publish anything for Aaron anymore so they wouldn't have any "edition" like many years ago. They are "just" the printers these days. I'd guess a reg and variant from vacvvm and then a megafauna edition.
Right on. Yeah, that was my original thought too. But then Ben tagging BRLSQ in-between VACVVM and MF, made me second guess myself. :oops: Thought maybe there was some special coordinated thing they were doing together. In any event, I'm stoked they're handling the printing on this. Certainly looking like a killer set.
When was the last time Ben didn’t print a Horkey screenprint? Pushing a decade?
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:38 am

Cbjornson wrote:
mfaith wrote:
When was the last time Ben didn’t print a Horkey screenprint? Pushing a decade?
Screen print sure, but print in general, the last one? A Vast Palimpsest was printed by Pressure Printing... I was more or less saying, I'm stoked this is a screen print, because of the great job Ben does. And Brad at Pressure Printing did a great job too, don't get me wrong. Palimpsest, No More Noir, they all look amazing. All I was trying to say is that it's always great to see Aaron and Ben working together on a print. And it's been a few prints since I've been able to say that. That's all dude. Nothing more, nothing less. :D
So it goes...
noweyesee
Art Expert

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:43 am

I don’t think Ben printed Pans Labyrinth, but that’s all that comes to mind in terms of screen prints.
Baker
Art Expert

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:47 am

noweyesee wrote:I don’t think Ben printed Pans Labyrinth, but that’s all that comes to mind in terms of screen prints.
Devils backbone was printed at D&L. Pan's was at BRLSQ though. But yeah, there have been a couple non BRLSQ print jobs, just not many.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:44 am

IIRC, the Isis/Baroness South Pacific posters from 2010 were screened by D&L.

And technically, Ouroburos and the other Ryan collabs were printed at TBM. But that's kind of a different thing.
murdock
Art Expert

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:37 am

mfaith wrote:Appears to be a set of different monochromatic versions. Wonder if this could be a similar release approach as Whale Bone Grove...? With Reg and Cool variant, plus a Japan Grey?
Was actually thinking the very same thing. Would be a pretty cool nod back to the old days.
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer