robertozanzi
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:49 pm

stuckeyc wrote:poty
:iagree:
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:42 pm

I would not recommend being on the extreme greed side of things (it's obvious when it happens). It is taken seriously/actions have taken place in the past when this stuff happens that would either stop you or on occasion someone will pull out the ban hammer. Obviously, art is a business (with models decidedly different than Mondo, for example) for parties involved in addition to it being a passion/source of fun and there are professional considerations to be made.
Last edited by davethewave on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:01 pm

greed...
...can be a ruthless bitch.
maddog76
Flipper

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Ken wrote:
maddog76 wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
maddog76 wrote:drymount this. Been in line for four hours now. Complete waste of time
do they just let, like, one person in at a time or something???

(Never been to a gallery show, have never lived near the californiaz or the austinz ;))
Yes, one at a time. Then they look though archive prints, stare at the panels. Bullshit. Like 10 people an hour. drymount spoke art.
Hi Maddog! I don't know what this 'drymount' means, but it sounds like a great compliment so I fully encourage you to 'drymount' yourself as well! Maybe you can come over to the gallery and I will personally 'drymount' you, if you prefer?

Yes, we let the first 30-40 people in line, one at a time. The reason was so that I could personally quiz each person to ensure that the vast majority of Agape panels and rare paper variants did not all go to the one or two people who had paid folks to wait in line. By doing so, we were able to stretch the 15 Agape panels we brought to the first 30 collectors in line, so we successfully turned away at least 14-15 paid line-sitters and get those panels into the hands of real fans. Sorry, that's super shitty of us, I know.

Additionally, the first couple dozen of people had been in line for days, literally days, and it is my personal opinion that if you're going to wait in line for three or four days then you should be able to get at least a few extra minutes to check out the show before I rush you out to help the next collector. I'm sorry you think this is unreasonable.

Once we got past the 30 people mark in line, we began taking people 5 at a time, but of course the line moves slowly as people do want to check out the archive stuff, ask questions etc. We got through 150 collectors in about 5 hours. That's 30 collectors an hour, which comes to about 2 minutes per person. I'll do my best next time around to have our line move faster as I know your time is very valuable and the four hours you spent in line could have been used better trolling online.

Also, I had all my staff come in early so that we could start the line moving at 3pm instead of 4pm. But hey, you're right - I suck!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
You seems rather touchy, jesus. That's fine about the time, I'm over it. I do appreciate the "test" however I HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING THIS IN LINE WHEN I MADE MY POST. I've personally given you thousands of dollars over the years, you're welcome. I have been to many, many spoke art shows (see you in 2 weeks at Ark Market) and I was not prepared for this. I got in line at 2pm, and didn't leave till 8pm and all I got was the regular editions. Every previous show Chuck/Welker/Sonic went much faster.

My posts were born out of spending an entire saturday waiting in line while my wife texts me death threats for being gone for so long.

A suggestion for next time would be to separate the archive prints. "this panel and 2 foils of rhyme and reason" would take two seconds.

Doesn't matter what you do though, you're selling crack with Sperry's and Spusta's and I'll always be back for more regardless of how you run these sales.

P.S. please stop smoking, it's gonna kill you. Try vaping and lower the nicotine level over time. Worked for me.
Last edited by maddog76 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:04 pm

35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:10 pm

you were getting death threats from your wife for being gone for 6 whole hours?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
maddog76
Flipper

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 pm

35mmpaul wrote:you were getting death threats from your wife for being gone for 6 whole hours?
"death threats"

You ever leave at 1:30 on a saturday and say "i'll be back at 5 or 6" and you get home at 9pm? On a saturday?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:26 pm

maddog76 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:you were getting death threats from your wife for being gone for 6 whole hours?
"death threats"

You ever leave at 1:30 on a saturday and say "i'll be back at 5 or 6" and you get home at 9pm? On a saturday?
yeah.

'hey, this line is going long, i'll be home later than expected' works. but all relationships are different.

pretty bold to think a line of 100+ was going to be through in an hour or two if the show was originally opening at 4pm.

glad you aren't dead. bring your wife next time. but make sure you show her a picture of chuck beforehand. :pint:
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Luls. I knew he wasn't gonna leave.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ciphe
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:33 pm

maddog76 wrote:
"death threats"

sad
omyweenis
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Least he got the regular editions.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:44 pm

the Sperrys obtained might last longer than the marriage... :lol:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:51 pm

Dude would be treading the line between life & death on the daily if he golfed :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <